Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

Teh_Shade667 wrote:
^its not a hard game, 2 is much harder.

Jak II is hard not legitimately, but because of genuine bad design. About half of the missions throw you into a scenario and assume you know the entire level layout and what to do in the level with constraints. (And don't even get me started on the "timed missions"!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 11 of 31 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

Teh_Shade667 wrote:
^its not a hard game, 2 is much harder.

 I actually find Jak 1 way hard since its a straight up platformer. I can compare Jak to Sly as far as difficulty goes. It took me almost 6 months to beat Sly 1 but only 2-4 to beat Band of Thieves and Honor Among Thieves (separately). I found Jak 1 only hard because of those difficult mini games and insane amounts of power cells needed to continue... I mean I remember when I learned I needed seventy something Power Cells to continue past the red sage's lab area... I only had 47 I think. It was just painful going through all that. Jak 2 and 3 however I found slightly easier, probably due to the guns Smiley Tongue Oh and I forgot to post this..

inb4BlueDiamond

Message 12 of 31 (129 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

Overall Jak is barely decent. needs some buff then he'll be fine. The guide is inaccurate a little because of the first patch.

 

Thanks for the guide though Smiley Happy

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 13 of 31 (126 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
2179 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Overall Jak is barely decent. needs some buff then he'll be fine. The guide is inaccurate a little because of the first patch.

 

Thanks for the guide though Smiley Happy


Smiley Surprised I WAS RIGHT. Hai BlueDiamond. I'm definitely with you that Jak needs a buff. An AP buff at least... 

Message 14 of 31 (122 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

Powerfeul theory you have there.

 

I actually believe its from the game generally being hard. 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 31 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013
There is no doubt that Jak needs some weapon buffs ap gain wise and like length and stuff for others. Also I'm I the only one who is fine the peace maker doesn't eject I just wish the stun was a bit longer so you could follow it up and make it gain a bit more ap.
Message 16 of 31 (104 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
There is no doubt that Jak needs some weapon buffs ap gain wise and like length and stuff for others. Also I'm I the only one who is fine the peace maker doesn't eject I just wish the stun was a bit longer so you could follow it up and make it gain a bit more ap.

So you do follow my points then... Smiley Happy

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 17 of 31 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

@BlueDiamond93 I never really disagreed with anything you said except I disagree on giving his level 3 more time and that's it, its easily one if the best in the game however should they fix some bugs you have mentioned yes, but in all honesty your the only one I've seen mention them so I don't know how often they really happen. I have always said most of his gun moves need a buff (mostly ap gain wise), but you tend to get way to defensive when someone does disagree and just say their wrong because they can't understand because they don't main Jak which I don't agree with as I said on the other thread you can understand a character and how they play without them being your main. I don't doubt you know more since he is your main and you play only him, but still you can know about a charecter and understand them without maiming them.

Message 18 of 31 (92 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7051 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:

@BlueDiamond93 I never really disagreed with anything you said except I disagree on giving his level 3 more time and that's it, its easily one if the best in the game however should they fix some bugs you have mentioned yes, but in all honesty your the only one I've seen mention them so I don't know how often they really happen. I have always said most of his gun moves need a buff (mostly ap gain wise), but you tend to get way to defensive when someone does disagree and just say their wrong because they can't understand because they don't main Jak which I don't agree with as I said on the other thread you can understand a character and how they play without them being your main. I don't doubt you know more since he is your main and you play only him, but still you can know about a charecter and understand them without maiming them.


Alright im sorry but you are greatly wrong on a few things. I don't get defensive. I just state points. I get a little irritated but its not like I go all Hulk or something and start cursing peple out. My tone of text just seems like that to people. I use CAPS as a underlining replacement a lot so that explains the CAPS. Due to certain answers I've found with my experience I can say someone is wrong in this or that situation. Casual gamers don't tend to pick up on such detailed things because they don't play games like that. A hardcore gamer as myself notices these things and takes note. When it comes down to Jak in this game I know what im talking about. I have compared him and played him against all characters. People have their opinions yes but there is a such thing as wrong opinions, miscaluated opinions, naive opinions and informal opinions, in this case it would be just about all and relating to Jak not needing a buff. Obviously theres somethings that they missed or haven't caught onto to make them see that Jak needs a buff.

 

Now I don't know why you believe someone can fully know a character and his faults and pros withing maining him. That is completely false. Thats just a fact. A person who doesn't main Jak could only learn so much about him to a degree. Without actually playing as him you'll be missing.. feeling his moves, the way they correspond, connect, coordinate, respond, ETC! People cannot fully understand a character they don't play as. Some people who don't play Jak says he doesn't need a buff. Now you know good and well you can't say that without playing. Thats exactly like saying oh this new movie looks bad so I won't see it. You can't judge or know something well until you spend enough time with it like a Dog or Relationship.

 

 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 19 of 31 (73 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Jak and Daxter Guide

Jan 20, 2013
I said you don't have to main him to understand him to start obviously someone who has never played him won't no anything, but he is not my main and I feel I understand his character in this game pretty well. Sorry but that's not a fact it's your opinion and no there are not wrong opinions, it is your opionion that there's is wrong but opinions can't be wrong. Some could feel he needs a buff based on evidence you show while others can think the exact opposite and say those things are fine to them. Honestly it is what it is in this case I agree with you that he needs a all around buff.
Message 20 of 31 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes