Jan 08 2013
By: Mizukage-JP Splicer 45 posts

Jak Should Be Given a Kill Combo!

14 replies 210 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

As most character's in the game have kill combos that they can pretty much rely on at any time, I think Jak should be given one too. So far I only know of one kill combo with him (which is VERY situational) that doesn't require a wall.

I think this could be made possible if Superbot make his side punch a combo starter for some of his other attacks (not just the follow up punch) and buff his mass inverter to have a faster start-up time, wider radius and last a little bit longer.

If this happens a reliable kill combo for Jak could be side + square (side punch), up + circle (mass inverter) and then his level 1. That may sound easy (which it is) but after playing online and seeing so many people using simple kill combos for most of their kills, its only fair. This would also mean that Jak players would have something else to rely on to get kills, except his level 3.

I can't see kill combos being taken out of the game (because too many movesets would have to be altered) therefore every character should be given a reliable one.

Message 1 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: Jak Should Be Given a Kill Combo!

Jan 8, 2013
or kill combos should be taken away completely.
Message 2 of 15 (184 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I agree with Ari.

Message 3 of 15 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ari_Ownx wrote:

I would be happy if kill combos were taken away completely BUT the reality is that most characters have one.  So unless superbot change the majority of characters movesets I doubt kill combos will get removed. As it looks unlikely that they will be removed the only way to make the game more balanced is for every characer to have one.

Message 4 of 15 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Jan 8, 2013

He does have a Kill combo!

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 15 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

JLP_M wrote:

He does have a Kill combo!

would you like to share it? because I've never EVER seen a Jak do a kill combo and I know of one (which as I said before is very situational). If your talking about the one I know of, then its not reliable compared to every other characters.

Message 6 of 15 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I would just like Jak to have more combo potential. As for the kill conform, the only one I know off requires a wall and I'm sure by now everyone knows about it.

Message 7 of 15 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Ari_Ownx wrote:

i second this completely

Message 8 of 15 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jan 8, 2013

bg-whookid wrote:

I would just like Jak to have more combo potential. As for the kill conform, the only one I know off requires a wall and I'm sure by now everyone knows about it.

Yeah, that would help him alot. The only other confirm I know for Jak is charging down + circle behind an opponent (while facing away from them) but its not as reliable as the other characters kill confirms. I've seen quite reliable kill confirms from every character now except Jak, Radec, Big daddy and Nariko (I've heard she can combo into her level 1 though). Its not fair for every character to have guaranteed level 1 kills, while the 4 i mentioned don't.

Message 9 of 15 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Mizukage-JP wrote:

Yeah, that would help him alot. The only other confirm I know for Jak is charging down + circle behind an opponent (while facing away from them) but its not as reliable as the other characters kill confirms. I've seen quite reliable kill confirms from every character now except Jak, Radec, Big daddy and Nariko (I've heard she can combo into her level 1 though). Its not fair for every character to have guaranteed level 1 kills, while the 4 i mentioned don't.

Hmm? What reliable one does PaRappa have that doesn't include a wall? o.o

Message 10 of 15 (82 Views)
0 Likes