Wastelander
818 posts

Re: Jak Guide!!

Nov 28, 2012
I know... But I feel that with the right practice Jak's is actually most deadly. It requires more setup than the others, because with the others you can wait until your opponents are attacking each other. Jak's is probably most 1v1 viable.
Message 21 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Myztyrio wrote:
I know... But I feel that with the right practice Jak's is actually most deadly. It requires more setup than the others, because with the others you can wait until your opponents are attacking each other. Jak's is probably most 1v1 viable.

idk bro ive been wrecking with him 2v2 alot of his abilities are made to be able to handle 2 people

Message 22 of 48 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

But you didnt include that the charged down circle in unblockable, which was my point.

also I play jak in 1v1 all the time. he is really good in 1v1.  just because they are designed to handle 2 people doesnt mean they dont work against 1. because of jaks ability to stay out of harms way in a 1v1 i generally end up with about 3 times the ap generation that my opponent does. 

Message 23 of 48 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Amazing stuff.... however Jak still sucks. I just read that Jak is not a melee character. Well in this game his guns are pointless. The Blaster is the only long range straight gun Jak has lol. His other guns(except the Wave Concussor)are short to medium range. They also suck at AP gain so overall Jak is actually better as a melee character even only if he has a couple of melee moves.

I use Jak as a close range fighter because his AP gain sucks for his guns unlike the other shooter players -_-.

As a hardcore Jak fan I have to admit SB did a more terrible job with Jak then great. They did an OUTSTANDING JOB on some parts but more TERRIBLE JOBS overall. So basically he has more Cons then Pro's

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 24 of 48 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 28, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Amazing stuff.... however Jak still sucks. I just read that Jak is not a melee character. Well in this game his guns are pointless. The Blaster is the only long range straight gun Jak has lol. His other guns(except the Wave Concussor)are short to medium range. They also suck at AP gain so overall Jak is actually better as a melee character even only if he has a couple of melee moves.

I use Jak as a close range fighter because his AP gain sucks for his guns unlike the other shooter players -_-.

As a hardcore Jak fan I have to admit SB did a more terrible job with Jak then great. They did an OUTSTANDING JOB on some parts but more TERRIBLE JOBS overall. So basically he has more Cons then Pro's

I agree I feel that I abuse his square moves too much and rarely use guns except to continue combos or stun in the air to get them with up square

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 25 of 48 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Nov 28, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

I agree I feel that I abuse his square moves too much and rarely use guns except to continue combos or stun in the air to get them with up square

Exactly. Ill admit. I do abuse his melee moves. AP gain in most fields and fixs there and Jak will be good. I noted every problem with Jak. I know what fields need buffs and what doesn't.

Only time will tell.
Message 26 of 48 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I use his guns to combo into his melee moves. yes jak kinda sucks in times matches, but in everything else he is really good if you play him right

Message 27 of 48 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

I use his guns to combo into his melee moves. yes jak kinda sucks in times matches, but in everything else he is really good if you play him right

I do the samething, but that doesnt jusitfy for his overall gameplay. His Ap gain sucks in more then half the fields and some of his guns sucks period. Don't act like he is a fine player. I maxed him out a week ago and I still struggle online against people below me in rank because Jak has no counter moves. 

This is why Jak sucks so much. I want you to play a game against skilled blockers and counters. Instead of me repeating myself just read this link -_-

http://www.facebook.com/SuperBotEntertainment/posts/467517753299560?notif_t=like

Only time will tell.
Message 28 of 48 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Jak dominates in stock. plain and simple. and I win about half of my ranked ffa matches with him

Message 29 of 48 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7048 posts

Nov 28, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

Jak dominates in stock. plain and simple. and I win about half of my ranked ffa matches with him

Im pretty sure you have been facing noobs then, plain and simple. Like I said Jak can't do anything against skilled Sackboy, Raiden, Heihachi and dante characters especially. When they block and counter the whole match Jak is pointless.

Only time will tell.
Message 30 of 48 (67 Views)
0 Likes