Nov 28, 2012
1:40, so I'm an hour earlier
Message 12 of 48 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Re: Jak Guide!!

Nov 28, 2012

Kudos for one of the few Jak guides up now. As someone who mains Jak, it'll be nice to see if guides like these start making him a little more common.

A couple of things I wanted to point out:

- I feel like Jak does just as well in FFA as 2v2. In fact, FFA is where is Lv1 becomes deadly. When you have a few people fighting on a platform on Time Station (for example), you can easily pop a Lv1 and get a double kill from below. It's a situational anti-air super but not as bad as people think.

- His side triangle actually hits people right behind your target too. It's great crowd control.

- I somewhat disagree with your Lv2 analysis. While it is possible to get a multi-kill with his Lv2, it does have a lengthy wind up time. If you aren't careful, it is very possible that you miss hitting anyone with it. I find that it is best if you can gather people in a corner of a map and pop it. Also important to point out that the AoE is above ground only. So if you pop the super on a platform higher up, it will not kill anyone below.

- You should probably add this to his Lv3: X button causes him to dash across the field rather quickly. As the shield takes only a touch to kill, a dash is very potent while that is up. Also, the beam attack on square has an AoE explosion once it hits the ground or wall. The ground explosion is deadly in that it often kills a person that just tried rolling out of the beam's way.

Message 13 of 48 (117 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Kudos to DarkHowl. Yeah, I'd bet that the shield-dash method is most effective. Also, I do have some luck with his level 1, it isn't completely useless.
Message 14 of 48 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Thank you for your insightful comment and I play 2v2 with Jak most of the time his level 2 is better expecially if you have a melee partner that can group them up agianst a wall.  I will post your comment into the guide.

Message 15 of 48 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

if you charge up jaks down circle it is unblockable. also one of my favorite combos is to fall from a good height charge the down circle and right when you get above an enemy or group of enemies release the shot and it will bounce them into the air, then do a side square to jetboard into them and a neutral square to send them flying off in the distance. this is especially useful in FFA when they are all fighting together in close range. you can attack them all safely with little risk to yourself. 

Also jaks level 1 is awesome. definitely underrated. It is the only super of his I use. 

Message 16 of 48 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 28, 2012

MDCitySnake wrote:

Thank you for your insightful comment and I play 2v2 with Jak most of the time his level 2 is better expecially if you have a melee partner that can group them up agianst a wall.  I will post your comment into the guide.

if your partner can group them up against a wall then you might as well just use his level 1 since they are close enough to hit them both with it, and they cant interupt you because your partner is hitting them. I do it all the time. I score so many double kills in ranked 2v2 with my level 1. 

Message 17 of 48 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 28, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

if you charge up jaks down circle it is unblockable. also one of my favorite combos is to fall from a good height charge the down circle and right when you get above an enemy or group of enemies release the shot and it will bounce them into the air, then do a side square to jetboard into them and a neutral square to send them flying off in the distance. this is especially useful in FFA when they are all fighting together in close range. you can attack them all safely with little risk to yourself. 

Also jaks level 1 is awesome. definitely underrated. It is the only super of his I use. 

yes i put that tactic in the downward aerials section. as for the level one super the only reason why i dont like it is because it is very difficult to set up 

Message 18 of 48 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
818 posts

Nov 28, 2012
That's the idea though, is that you have to set it up or predict just right. That's kind of what I do with Radec's 1 and 2 as well, which is why I always end up completely destroying with a multi-kill or missing altogether. I think that's what has drawn me to these characters is that potential. As well as with Drake... who follows the same pattern.
Message 19 of 48 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Nov 28, 2012
yeah ik what ur saying but Radec's and Drakes lvl 1 supers are ranged and Jak's isnt
Message 20 of 48 (87 Views)
0 Likes