Highlighted
Nov 20 2012
By: LightEcoSage Splicer 64 posts

Jak Disappointment.

41 replies 843 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

As an Optimistic person I played through Jaks Story Arcade with an openmind.. however, although I tried really hard and payed close attention... I have to say almost everything about Jak is a complete disappointment. Im sorry but I have to express my feelings about this. After my constant playthroughs on Jak II and Jak 3 (the games he talks in and is badass in)I was expecting some of that Jak II/Jak 3 badassness in All Stars.

Jak's Taunts, Intro's, Outro's and Victory music. Its just decent. Seriously one of his victory music( sounds like music off the PlayStation Move Hero game which was non-canon and not a very good game and not a Jak game. Speaking of taunts, WTH happened to his taunt that was taken from the 1st game into PSASBR... you know the one where Jak break dances??? I don't see it...

His costumes are amazing though!(Although I still don't understand why his New Duds from Jak 3 wasn't an alternate color in this game).

His backrounds and titles are also looking good but not awesome.

Jak is utterly a disgrace overall however. Heres the break down.

Battle lines, arcade lines and etc.

"I think its time someone taught you some manners" sorry but WHAT!? Since when does Jak say lines like that? Who is this guy, thats not Jak. You simply cannot combine The Lost Frontier lines with Jak 3 appearence. Jak 3(excluding Jak X)was the last game Jak was badass in. If you guys wanted to use the Lost Frontier Jak attitude then you should have used TLF design as well, because not only are you guys making Jak from Jak 3 look bad, but your also lying about Jaks Character. Now I can somewhat understand if you got rid of his badassness, because his new voice actor doesn't have what it takes to be anywhere near as badass as Jaks older/fprmer VA(which was shown in TLF game that was highly critized), but seriously im sure theres something you could have tried because Jak overall is just not that same Jak at all from his previous series. Even PS Move Heroes got Jak character right.

"The fact is, I don't even know how we pull of all that off" -ugh-.... Theres a lot of lines period like that thats just not Jak. I don't understand. You guys nailed Daxter. In any and every game Daxter is in he is perfect but Jak on the other hand seems to be a problem. Noone can ever get Jak right... i don't understand, really.

His moves. Honestly after time and time again of training with him for constant hours I find it hard for a dedicated fan like me to use him. Jak is not that good in this game honestly. He might actually not make it out as my top character if he doesnt get upgraded. Yes he has some strong moves like Daxter Spinkick, Wave Concussor and Super Dive Bounce but thats it. In Jak series you could do a lot of short combos. Why werent they brong into PSASBR? I find his combo's almost impossible to nail which are no more then 3 combos. 

Jaks Reveal trailer and other videos from WNF and etc showed how Jak was a great character but I already noticed he was nerfed since then... whats up with that. The Mass Inverter, OMG! What happen to the Mass Inverter into Level 1 Super? That doesnt work n this full version. Also speaking of the Mass Inverter this SB needs an upgrade. Not only does it start up pretty slow but once you get the opponent in it I swear you can almost never at all get a hit in because its end duration is way to short. The way the Mass Inverter can be used as of right now is to use it and run... a running away stalling tastic. Like I said ive been training with Jak so I know what im talking about. The combos you showed us off at the reveal trailer doesn't even work anymore as well. You cant do Mass Inverter to the Peace Maker either Smiley Sad.

Jak automatically does not have any more combos then 2hits at a time. The other combos you have to manually do yourself for 3 to 4 hit combos, which are not easy at all to hit off..

The Pro's are the things i didnt mention about Jak. Just giving you my feedback SuperBot.

Besides that the game itself is good. Nicely detailed and design. The controls feel a little smoother. Also liking the trial modes and etc.

Message 1 of 42 (843 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Re: Jak Disappointment.

Nov 20, 2012

Message 2 of 42 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 20, 2012
How's the polish on the game as a whole, Diamond? Is it more polished or as polished as the beta? (If you didn't play the beta, how polished does it seem compared to recent builds at game shows?) That was one thing that I've been wondering about for a while.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 3 of 42 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 20, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
How's the polish on the game as a whole, Diamond? Is it more polished or as polished as the beta? (If you didn't play the beta, how polished does it seem compared to recent builds at game shows?) That was one thing that I've been wondering about for a while.

Um... to me its more polished. I can just see the difference and feel the difference.

Message 4 of 42 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Good, good. Sorry if that was a random question, but I wanted an honest answer before I get the game in a few hours, and when it comes to the game, you're nothing if not honest.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 42 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Well it looks like I will have to drop Jak from my list of useable characters. Jaks moves are to slow at launch. Im getting own online because of the weak moves and launch moves. Dam-n man. As a Jak fan I am really disappointed.. now I gotta go with my back up -_- Cole Mcgrath Smiley Sad

Good bye Jak.... :'(

Message 6 of 42 (763 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 20, 2012
well blue, from a playstyle point of view, maybe jak isn't your char in this game,
my fav char on the roster is nariko,
but when emmett comes out, i'm gonna use him more, considering how cool the build & battle system is gonna be implemented to his moveset...
Play For Fun!
Message 7 of 42 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

achus93again wrote:
well blue, from a playstyle point of view, maybe jak isn't your char in this game,
my fav char on the roster is nariko,
but when emmett comes out, i'm gonna use him more, considering how cool the build & battle system is gonna be implemented to his moveset...

He good in the air but everything else just isnt working for me. I spent hours training! Smiley Sad

I also got his rank up to 100 and unlocked all his taunts, outros, intro's and etc... Only thing left are the titles and icons.

Message 8 of 42 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Nov 20, 2012

been kicking **bleep** with jak his triangle forward is kick **bleep** and his air down circle has a big radius... his hover board makes runnaways great for embarassing people who save for lvl 3s

Message 9 of 42 (694 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 20, 2012

valves582 wrote:

been kicking **bleep** with jak his triangle forward is kick **bleep** and his air down circle has a big radius... his hover board makes runnaways great for embarassing people who save for lvl 3s

But those arent enough... plus I just found out that all Jak moves cant countered. **bleep**! When im about to counter attack or attack mt move gets canceled. JAK IS SO UNDERATED AND WEAK!

Message 10 of 42 (663 Views)
0 Likes