Jul 07 2012
By: EndingEveryLife First Son 3 posts

Ive been following this game for awhile but questions..

9 replies 270 views Edited Jul 7, 2012

Big super smash bros player. One of the few games I played none stop and became good enough to take out 3 level 9's and friends that I had. But havent played for years though since no more game cube and wii controls were bad and didnt own a wii.

So im really glad this is a coming game but theres few details that I wanna know.

Stock is confirmed correct? What the confirmed modes? Is there any hp/edge/fling modes, if so can you discribe them.

Is there any mini games? Like time challenges or memmory challenges?

The thing that made smash really fun other then the gameplay is the TONS of modes it had, so far ive only seen them premote one. I liked edging off the map and the hp till perm death mode, and ill be disapointed if the kill racking mode is the only one.

Because without that I might reconcider getting it but if it does ill probably pre order it tomorrow. I like what ive seen but theres not alot of openess of whats included in the media and website.

Message 1 of 10 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Re: Ive been following this game for awhile but questions..

Jul 7, 2012

I'm not sure but I think I heard from a fairly reliable source that there will be stock in this game. I don't think their will be a mode for an hp bar, in order to get a kill you must use a super, you gain them by attacking your opponents, there are three levels of supers each is increasingly harder to get and increasingly powerful. I think they did mention something about a tournament mode at E3 but haven't officially confirmed it. They have confirmed some from of arcade mode. I think many people just don't like the current mode simply because it is so different than smash bros. If I where you I would try it first, if you don't like it than just keep playing smash bros. Or wait for the next game on the Wiiu. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 2 of 10 (262 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Whilst Sock mode and a story mode have been confirmed, Superbot hasnt really said much about what other modes we can expect. They've only really talked about the gameplay and characters for now.

But i hope it does have a load of mini games and modes like SSB.

Message 3 of 10 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 7, 2012
Yeah thought so just was looking for more people to confirm it. I could just buy it but I just baught a new modem, diablo 3, gw2,poe,csgo,cod blackops 2 (wanna try to the new stuff they finially changed, and the new zombie) Plus I heard grandtheft auto is on its way. I usually dont buy games but alot of big things coming up lately, theres also the wii u, so I dont wanna waste 63.00 on a game I wont enjoy. I already know I wont enjoy that mode that much, specially if thats the only way to win. If they are charging the same as super smash bros and have alot less characters and stages, I gota assume they are spending that money into atleast other modes. If they add stock they should have a way so if your hit percent damage is higher you fling farther like smash brothers you die if you go get hit too far left or right. Im just saying its a desired way to play for people who are going to be buying this game and doesnt take alot of work to add. People will play BOTH modes. This isnt really telling you as much as im telling this company. Im sure the mode they have will be fine for some people but ill say TONS of people want other options they can try.
Message 4 of 10 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 7, 2012
So far Stock Mode, Normal Mode, 1v1, 2v2, and Tourament Mode is confirmed
Message 5 of 10 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jul 7, 2012

It's confirmed that there will NOT be a health bar mode.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 6 of 10 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I like the fact that there's no health bar.
Message 7 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 7, 2012
I'll give both your posts kudos if you can give some links for it
Message 8 of 10 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jul 7, 2012

http://bitmob.com/articles/3-ways-playstation-all-stars-isnt-a-smash-bros-clone

Point 2. 

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 9 of 10 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 7, 2012
http://gamingeverything.com/24282/10-minutes-of-playstation-all-stars-new-characters/ 1v1 and 2v2
I can't find anything that says tournament mode, but I've seen it mentioned by Omar Kendall himself in multiple videos
Message 10 of 10 (211 Views)