Oct 26 2012
By: zeothedeathgod Treasure Hunter 6850 posts

Its come to my attention

[ Edited ]
45 replies 588 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

That most people here don't want a RPG rep in this game. RPGs are a huge part of sony and have been since the very first playstation, more so than any other console or company. JRPGs/RPGs are still some of the best games you can get today for the amount of content, some of the best stories, and some of the best characters. Lets take a look at what RPGs have done for sony over the years, shall we?

Heres PSX for all you guys out thereSmiley Happy

Games such as Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, and Final Fantasy 9. There was also the game Final Fantasy tactics that was praised heavily along with Final Fantasy 7.

There are games such as Xenogears, Suikoden (one of my favorite games personally), and Suikoden 2. Vagrant Story, Grandia, Chrono Cross, Breath of Fire, Wild Arms, and Tales of destiny along with a few other tales games.

And that was just Playstation 1.

Playstation 2 brought MANY new series that have become some of the biggest games still till this day.

Final fantasy 10, 10-2, and Final Fantasy 12.

Kingdom hearts also started here, where 1, 2, and chain of memories all came out for the PS2.

Star Ocean, Dragon quest, Xenosaga, Dark Cloud, Dark Alliance, Disgaea, Suikoden, Wild Arms, Shin Megami Tensei, Grandia, Shadow Hearts, Arc the Lad, Fallout, Phantasy Star, Monster Hunter, and many other series continued or debuted on the Playstation 2. All games you have probably heard of at one time or another.

Moving on we have the Playstation Portable.

Here we had games from Jeanne D'Arc, another Final Fantasy 7 and phantasy star. (i dont really remember much from the PSP sadly, so we are moving on, but there are more!)

Finally here we are. Many of you will say "oh what does that have to do with games now a days? that was the past" heres the PS3. Lets take a small peek at the JRPGs and RPGs of the ps3.

Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur, Fallout 3 and new vegas, Eternal Sonata, Folklore, Dragon Age 1 and 2, Borderlands 1 and 2. Anyways some of the biggest games you guys have played are RPGs. But JRPGs are where sony really hits it off.

Final Fantasy 13, 13-2, Disgaea 3 and 4, The series that Atelier Totori belongs too, not sure what to call it, theres a few of the games. Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Resonance of Fate, White Knight Chronicles, and  Hyperdemension Neptunia.

Those are just the ones i have and can think of currently, RPGs and JRPGs are A HUGE part of sonys life and success, who can honestly tell me no JRPG or RPG rep deserves to be in all-stars?

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 1 of 46 (588 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: Its come to my attention

Oct 26, 2012
It makes no sense that there are no RPG rep (FF to be frank)
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 46 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

nope they suck and only social backward people play them.. Go watch a freaking move..

*im being sarcastic btw*

Message 3 of 46 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 26, 2012
no rpg/jrpg representation at all is ridiculous
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 4 of 46 (544 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

I didn't grew up with Jak, Ratchet, Sly,and a few others. I grew up with jrpg games. That genre absences is clearly showing. most of the games you listed here, I've mostly played them. Not seeing a jrpg rep makes me sad. Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, Disgaea, and otheres were big hits. Hopefully if the games sells, we might see them represent in dlc.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 5 of 46 (539 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

arrownoir wrote:
It makes no sense that there are no RPG rep (FF to be frank)

i know, this thread was mainly for the people who said "JRPG and RPG reps are retarded. we dont need any at all. RPGs should die" etc etc

Message 6 of 46 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Oct 26, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
nope they suck and only social backward people play them.. Go watch a freaking move..

sounds like an opinion

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 7 of 46 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:

oh god your back...youre the one who said Persona/Disgaea are those emo kids who kill a bunch of people....why do you always find these threads? XD do you constantly search for them?

Message 8 of 46 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 26, 2012
^^ i was being sarcastic but the last part i stated is kinda true... i mean the kids who like those games are playing yu ghi oh at lunch.. REALY YOUR 16!! not to say there bad games.. i quite like patapon..
Message 9 of 46 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 26, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

I didn't grew up with Jak, Ratchet , Sly,and a few other. I grew up with jrpg games. That genre absences is clearly showing. most of the games you listed here, I've mostly played them. Not seeing a jrpg rep makes me sad. Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, Disgaea, and otheres were big hits. Hopefully if the games sells, we might see them represent in dlc.

amazingly writtenSmiley Happy i hope we get an RPG/JRPG rep soon

Message 10 of 46 (506 Views)
0 Likes