Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:
What constitutes as abuse? Using them to win a game? Using them to get all of your kills?

Is using a strategy that wins something that should be frowned upon? No.

They are a game mechanic that WORKS. Not using them when you can use them as many times as you want to win is just denying yourself all the tolls you have. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately it is frowned upon .......if they are as good as they swear they are they wouldn't need it would they? Sure you win because you're using it cool but you're not good.......you're good when you can go out and get double kills with a level 1 with no confirms or when you get to level 3 by doing different combos not the same one.....kill confirms and spams are nothing to be proud of and I hope all those kill confirmers are happy with tainted wins 


Frowned upon by who? What demographic are you representing? If you're talking about forum members, then that's a very low minority of the actual playerbase for the game.


And everyone else that plays the game whose not on the forum that always complain after being killed by a kill confirm?

Sleep Matt signature
Message 71 of 193 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:
What constitutes as abuse? Using them to win a game? Using them to get all of your kills?

Is using a strategy that wins something that should be frowned upon? No.

They are a game mechanic that WORKS. Not using them when you can use them as many times as you want to win is just denying yourself all the tolls you have. Plain and simple.

Unfortunately it is frowned upon .......if they are as good as they swear they are they wouldn't need it would they? Sure you win because you're using it cool but you're not good.......you're good when you can go out and get double kills with a level 1 with no confirms or when you get to level 3 by doing different combos not the same one.....kill confirms and spams are nothing to be proud of and I hope all those kill confirmers are happy with tainted wins 


Frowned upon by who? What demographic are you representing? If you're talking about forum members, then that's a very low minority of the actual playerbase for the game.


And everyone else that plays the game whose not on the forum that always complain after being killed by a kill confirm?


I've never heard anyone complain about it. I only have your word to go by on that, and considering your biased viewpoint, I have no reason to accept what you're saying as truth. Since you're making a claim that people are saying these things in game, it's up to you to prove it, otherwise the default position is one of disbelief.

Message 72 of 193 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
"Actually, no. That's not what the topic is about. The topic was simply a broad statement that it takes no skill to use them. I would also argue that it takes no skill to avoid them."

Um, no? It takes some skill to avoid them for sure, or they wouldn't be effective at all! If it was that easy to avoid them, we wouldn't get complaints about them! Smiley Tongue

"Unfortunately it is frowned upon .......if they are as good as they swear they are they wouldn't need it would they? Sure you win because you're using it cool but you're not good.......you're good when you can go out and get double kills with a level 1 with no confirms or when you get to level 3 by doing different combos not the same one.....kill confirms and spams are nothing to be proud of and I hope all those kill confirmers are happy with tainted wins "

Not all of them NEED it. But refusing to use it in blatently avoiding use of a good tool, which makes no sense if you play to win. Think of how much better YOUR game would be with confirms, if you do that good now, what about with confirms? You would score even better.

And Steep, if they can get to level 3 using the same combo, who's fault is that? Yours. Let's face it, if a strategy works it will be used. That kind of predictability is SO punishable, doing the same thing over and over is SO easy to beat.

TAINTED wins? Seriously? A win is a win. Unless you are using some game breaking glitch they won fair and simple! Man, using tools IN THE GAME to WIN the game is the POINT of a game. When did this change?
Message 73 of 193 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

How do you expect me to prove what was said by hundreds of people in matches I've played and that is said to this day.......that is almost as absurd as using kill confirms

Sleep Matt signature
Message 74 of 193 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
"Actually, no. That's not what the topic is about. The topic was simply a broad statement that it takes no skill to use them. I would also argue that it takes no skill to avoid them."

Um, no? It takes some skill to avoid them for sure, or they wouldn't be effective at all! If it was that easy to avoid them, we wouldn't get complaints about them! Smiley Tongue

"Unfortunately it is frowned upon .......if they are as good as they swear they are they wouldn't need it would they? Sure you win because you're using it cool but you're not good.......you're good when you can go out and get double kills with a level 1 with no confirms or when you get to level 3 by doing different combos not the same one.....kill confirms and spams are nothing to be proud of and I hope all those kill confirmers are happy with tainted wins "

Not all of them NEED it. But refusing to use it in blatently avoiding use of a good tool, which makes no sense if you play to win. Think of how much better YOUR game would be with confirms, if you do that good now, what about with confirms? You would score even better.

And Steep, if they can get to level 3 using the same combo, who's fault is that? Yours. Let's face it, if a strategy works it will be used. That kind of predictability is SO punishable, doing the same thing over and over is SO easy to beat.

TAINTED wins? Seriously? A win is a win. Unless you are using some game breaking glitch they won fair and simple! Man, using tools IN THE GAME to WIN the game is the POINT of a game. When did this change?

I understand but how do you escape combos? You can't and how do you expect to win if yare have no ap for supers? You need to get next to them .....get the drift? you need to get close to hit them but they will do the same thing to you. I'm not refusing to use kill confirms as I do use them and my partners do to that is not my point again......

Sleep Matt signature
Message 75 of 193 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

And yes the mechanics in the game......show me the part of the mechanics in written xpress form where it says use kill confirms the whole match to win..........I would shut up if you do

Sleep Matt signature
Message 76 of 193 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
You get better at the game...?

I mean seriously, what other answer is there? They got you in a combo. You did not read what they were planning to do enough, so you fell into it. You yet AGAIN place the reason you lost into something else other then the fact that you lost.

You must get close in a way BETTER then they do. Yeah, both people have to get close to kill. That's kinda how a fighting game works.

If you have no AP for supers you got outplayed. It's that simple.
Message 77 of 193 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/01/2011
Offline
193 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
It takes no skill to use a confirm, and it takes much more skill to escape a confirm. The problem with the "escape" is the player is momentarily paralyzed whereas the opponent is already unleashing a super. Aylas, clearly you haven't had some of the more irritating matches as the rest of us, since you feel the need to reiterate such non-sense. I'd love to see what you have to say after a few back-to-back matches of confirms, spammers, and lag.
Message 78 of 193 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

I don't need to get better at the game I'm good enough thank you lol and outplayed or not cheap is cheap and that is the end of it  I don't think you understand the concept of what I'm trying to get through to you......you will understand one day

Sleep Matt signature
Message 79 of 193 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

And yes the mechanics in the game......show me the part of the mechanics in written xpress form where it says use kill confirms the whole match to win..........I would shut up if you do


Well, the game also includes making proper reads, whoing when to block, when to poke, tech chase, learn a wake up game.

 

And if the opponent does that BETTER then you they can use their confirms and you can't. That's how you win or don't win.

Message 80 of 193 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes