Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Well, if the game makers PUT IT IN THE GAME I would assume it is meant to be used in the game. Especially if the commentators, who are employees for good parts of the time, talk about them and compliment them being used right.

Please don't dance around the question, Aylas.  

Message 51 of 193 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I didn't, I thought I honestly answered it! So my apologies, perhaps rephrase the question for me. I'm dyslexic, I sometimes have a hard time reading things.

I can try again though, you asked "So your saying if something was intended it's justified?"

Honestly, unless I'm reading this question wrong, a part of the game that was intended to be in the game and is a valid part of the game according to its developers, I would say that justifies using confirms as they are a valid strategy to win.
Message 52 of 193 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
I didn't, I thought I honestly answered it! So my apologies, perhaps rephrase the question for me. I'm dyslexic, I sometimes have a hard time reading things.

I can try again though, you asked "So your saying if something was intended it's justified?"

Honestly, unless I'm reading this question wrong, a part of the game that was intended to be in the game and is a valid part of the game according to its developers, I would say that justifies using confirms as they are a valid strategy to win.

Yes but don't people make mistakes? In many games things are banned from large tournements. 

Message 53 of 193 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 4, 2013
What makes confirms a mistake?

I've yet to find a legitimate answer other then "they're cheap"

Convince me they ruin this game.
Message 54 of 193 (134 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Try telling a Sweet Tooth player he should be using his level 2 instead. I'm pretty much stuck with using my level 1, so anything I can do to increase the chances of landing it, I'll use. It's called playing intelligently, it has nothing to do with skill. The only people who make up these unwritten rules that we're all supposed to follow, are the ones who have to make excuses to cope with their own failings. I don't buy into these pretentious, elitist notions that I have to play the game on your terms.

Message 55 of 193 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8093 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

What makes them cheap is that people do them in excess because they are too scared to lose it is not fair to always win based on doing this confirms are not there for abuse they are there for strategyand you know the kicker? People abuse thèm and say they're good when they really are not.....especially those raiders with their circle glide confirm

Sleep Matt signature
Message 56 of 193 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Steep, guide snippet:

1.3 – Do Not Label Things As Cheap:

“You can’t blame your opponents for applying a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity.” ~ Bill Clinton

“When your opponent does something that is working, and you haven't found a way to beat it yet, DO NOT label it as a cheap tactic. What that does is shift the responsibility away from yourself, so you don't have to find a way to beat it. ~ Juggs, testyourmight.com moderator

What Juggs said is 100% correct. The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)

"Well I just won't play that player who is using that tactic". If you're not trying to get better and just playing to play, I guess I would understand that. However, if you want to get better, that's the worst statement you can utter. What the problem is, is that you want to win. And when a player is doing something you can't win against, you want to give it a label to justify losing to it, or losing to that player in general. Instead of actually putting in the effort of finding ways to beat the tactic, it's far easier to just say that the player was playing "cheap" and refuse to play people who play like that.” ~ Juggs

Do not have that kind of attitude. Accept that your victory or loss is held within your own hands, and use all the tools available to you to win. "My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength." ~ Michael Jordon Find a way to turn your weaknesses into strengths instead of blaming them on outside sources. This will help you improve.

You are not good for denying yourself a tool to use IF you don't use them, and you are not as good as them if you aren't winning against them.

(PS There is a Sweet Tooth level 2 confirm, though it IS really difficult.)
Message 57 of 193 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8093 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
Steep, guide snippet:

1.3 – Do Not Label Things As Cheap:

“You can’t blame your opponents for applying a strategy that beats your brains out with regularity.” ~ Bill Clinton

“When your opponent does something that is working, and you haven't found a way to beat it yet, DO NOT label it as a cheap tactic. What that does is shift the responsibility away from yourself, so you don't have to find a way to beat it. ~ Juggs, testyourmight.com moderator

What Juggs said is 100% correct. The only tactics that are "cheap" are the one's that are banned in tournaments. (In this game, usually online combo exploits caused by lag.)

"Well I just won't play that player who is using that tactic". If you're not trying to get better and just playing to play, I guess I would understand that. However, if you want to get better, that's the worst statement you can utter. What the problem is, is that you want to win. And when a player is doing something you can't win against, you want to give it a label to justify losing to it, or losing to that player in general. Instead of actually putting in the effort of finding ways to beat the tactic, it's far easier to just say that the player was playing "cheap" and refuse to play people who play like that.” ~ Juggs

Do not have that kind of attitude. Accept that your victory or loss is held within your own hands, and use all the tools available to you to win. "My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength." ~ Michael Jordon Find a way to turn your weaknesses into strengths instead of blaming them on outside sources. This will help you improve.

You are not good for denying yourself a tool to use IF you don't use them, and you are not as good as them if you aren't winning against them.

(PS There is a Sweet Tooth level 2 confirm, though it IS really difficult.)

They can use it all they want that is not what I'm saying...what I'm saying is dont say you're good because you're not you are just winning by confirming we all know what true skill is and isn't 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 58 of 193 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Atleast the people that use kratos all the time have the dignity to use his level 3 and not some **bleep** kill confirms
Message 59 of 193 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

Did you think we were talking about confirms the whole time? I was just talking in general. However I will explain why.

Currently most supers go like this:

1) Cheap and safe to use, 1-3 kills. No point in grabbing to get rid of.

2) Cost more than 1, safe to use, 1-3 kills. Mild grab loss.

3) Cost a lot, safe to use, 3-6 kills. Hardest to get because of grabs.

Level 1s seem the best. Why go for a 3 when a 1 is safe, the cheapest, and is safe from grabs, or even a 2 for that matter?

EDIT: changed the wording a bit, oh, and post 1,212! 

Message 60 of 193 (112 Views)
0 Likes