Wastelander
587 posts

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 3, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:

I find it funny that the same people who tech my parappa techable kill confirms are usually the same people who would be caught off guard and caught by mic grab to super

That happens to me, actually. I (as well as many other people, it seems) have gotten so used to teching out of setups that we have completely forgotten about simply moving away from PaRappa after he grabs you.

Message 31 of 193 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 3, 2013
easiest KC is EC's. im sorry cole players, but i played with cole and spammed, built meter, giga punch = GG
it's so easy it's cheap. requires no skill.
next one is fat princess. i main FP, and diagonal soldier is so easy to exploit. it's cheap. requires no skill.
Message 32 of 193 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Feb 3, 2013
ec users who try to giga punch the entire math make me laugh, ppl are not robots, eventually they learn how to deal with obstacles. If you keep using the same trick over and over, you already lost the match.

I remenber this match agains a ecole he was blocking my atk and following with a giga, after the second hit, i just jumped in his direction, he was blocking already, and i calmly grabed him, this repeated a couple of times. he lost, but learned a good lesson.
Message 33 of 193 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 3, 2013
but now he nows to evade while you block and then giga punch. just like you said, ppl arent robots. eventually they'll find a counter to your counter. and a counter to your counter to that counter to the counter.
count how many times i said counter ^^
Message 34 of 193 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 3, 2013
oops, evade while you grab**
Message 35 of 193 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Feb 3, 2013
black_dhalsim, he was the one blocking to use giga after it. And yeah, later he learned it, but it was to late, like i said.
Message 36 of 193 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Desert or not, I'll still die
Message 37 of 193 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Predicting each other's movements. Timing. Skill. Precision. These things would shine much more if Kill Confirms were not in the game.

1. yes, to a certain extent it does, when there is no sure fire way to kill your opponent, the game becomes random and unpredictable, which does take a lot of skill, since this game doesnt have any complex inputs.

2. Why is it worse when for example, I get a good read with Sweet Tooth after I have knocked you down, predicted your roll, got you with my Air Neutral Square, and was able to punish you with a lvl 1?

i do agree that there are some mindless things you could do, but kill confirms are not the problem. now that there are kill confirms, the whole meta game has changed. Like Seth killian and Clockwork were taling about in the live stream where they were showcasing the characters, when someone gets a super, the mind games begin. You immediately know that your opponent has a super and you know and have to avoid their set up, while countering with you own attacks and supers. How is that any less skillful? it takes skill, patience and perseverance to not get caught by your opponent. 

let it be known that Im not trying to start a fight and that Im just trying to have an intelligent discussion with you Smiley Happy

ouyofo.jpg

Message 38 of 193 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Feb 3, 2013
o mah bad. read it wrong. but yes, ecole is too cheap vs new players. when i face EC, i stay in the air as much as i can and jump as soon as i land (if i see fhe red fist).
same thing vs. FP, and raiden, and.... pretty much everyone who has a KC now that i think about it lol.
o and vs radec too, and jak. especially against big daddy,
maybe i just like staying in the air.. hmmm. lemme think about it and post a reply
Message 39 of 193 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Xarf wrote:

Predicting each other's movements. Timing. Skill. Precision. These things would shine much more if Kill Confirms were not in the game.

1. yes, to a certain extent it does, when there is no sure fire way to kill your opponent, the game becomes random and unpredictable, ***which does take a lot of skill***, since this game doesnt have any complex inputs.

2. Why is it worse when for example, I get a good read with Sweet Tooth after I have knocked you down, predicted your roll, got you with my Air Neutral Square, and was able to punish you with a lvl 1?

i do agree that there are some mindless things you could do, but kill confirms are not the problem. now that there are kill confirms, the whole meta game has changed. Like Seth killian and Clockwork were taling about in the live stream where they were showcasing the characters, when someone gets a super, the mind games begin. You immediately know that your opponent has a super and you know and have to avoid their set up, while countering with you own attacks and supers. How is that any less skillful? it takes skill, patience and perseverance to not get caught by your opponent. 

let it be known that Im not trying to start a fight and that Im just trying to have an intelligent discussion with you Smiley Happy

*which doesnt take a lot of skill*   corrected, sorry

ouyofo.jpg

Message 40 of 193 (136 Views)
0 Likes