Wastelander
587 posts

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
Jeez. I don't even know why I bother if what I say is going to just get immediately denounced as "100% wrong" with hardly explanation and if my words are going to be purposely twisted to make others feel as though they're right.

I don't even like these arguments. Too many stubborn people and ideals to deal with. No minds are being changed. No one is being listened to.

Everyone just wants to keep yelling so that they can feel satisfied in being "right" somehow.

There's no intelligent debates being had. It's all about who yells the loudest and longest. I'm done being a part of it.
Message 171 of 193 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013

People won't listen, Ice.

Message 172 of 193 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 4, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote

"Jak can do whatever he pleases to do" If that's not an exaggeration I will shoot myself.

Of course it's an exaggeration, I've used it to get my point accross. If Jak doesn't need to worry about kill confirms, he can play much more offensive, giving him an advantage. Because if Dante catches him with a move, it doesn't mean anything. To win a 3-stock match, he has to build up at least around 1400 AP. That's a lot obviously, giving Jak plenty of time to kill Dante. And since Jak is in the air a lot, Dante will get even less AP from his combos.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 173 of 193 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

One thing that I've seen kill confirmers do online very consistently is that once they keep failing at their kill confirms (people keep air camping or they keep getting hit out of their Level 1's), they immediately go for Level 3's.

What that basically means is that when they want to get the easiest kills possible, they would rather choose a Level 1 before even thinking of a Level 3. You can't tell me that there's nothing wrong with a mechanic in the game that allows for a Level ONE to be easier to pull off than a Level THREE...

You basically stated that level 3s are easier to hit than level 1. Because if that wasn't the case, why should they change their strategies? They could just keep going for level 1s.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're trying to say?

In terms of getting kills, Level 1's are low in cost & high in risk (hard kills). Level 3's are high in cost and low in risk(easy kills).

But when you add KC to a Level 1, it becomes easier to get kills with that than it is to fight well enough to build up enough meter for a Level 3. That's the imbalance; Kill confirms make Level 1's low cost and LOW risk. Meaning there's no need whatsoever to go to a Level 2 or 3.

Like you said before, if the hit confirmes can't catch their opponents, they go for level 2 or 3. Therefore there is a need to go for level 2 or 3. That's what I wanted to say.

The Jak Archives:
Message 174 of 193 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Feb 4, 2013

People who complain about kill confrims or set ups generally suck, lets be real.

Message 175 of 193 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Feb 4, 2013

DarkErazor wrote:

Like you said before, if the hit confirmes can't catch their opponents, they go for level 2 or 3. Therefore there is a need to go for level 2 or 3. That's what I wanted to say.

Except I actually didn't say that. I said that one the off chance that they miss their kill confirm, they completley ignore Level 2's and just go exclusively for Level 3's, the second easiest way to get kills (with the first being using Level 1 KC).

I just can't see how it would make sense that the cheapest Supers (lowest in cost) are also easier to pull off than the more expensive supers. Thus negating the need for using anything other than Level 1 KC's.

Message 176 of 193 (106 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 4, 2013

ATL_UNTAMEDBEAST wrote:

People who complain about kill confrims or set ups generally suck, lets be real.

. . . . -_-

Message 177 of 193 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Everyone who generally talks argues about the same topic since the game came out sucks
Message 178 of 193 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 4, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

Except I actually didn't say that. I said that one the off chance that they miss their kill confirm, they completley ignore Level 2's and just go exclusively for Level 3's, the second easiest way to get kills (with the first being using Level 1 KC).

I just can't see how it would make sense that the cheapest Supers (lowest in cost) are also easier to pull off than the more expensive supers. Thus negating the need for using anything other than Level 1 KC's.

Then again, why would anyone choose to go for the second easiest way? If KC's are the easiest way, why should anyone go for level 3? If you can't hit your opponent with the easiest way, why should it work better if going for the second easiest way? The only conclusion can be that level 3's are the easiest to land supers

The Jak Archives:
Message 179 of 193 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 4, 2013

There is some pretty faulty logic in this thread, as in some really faulty logic. 

First of all I would like to address something Aylas Hero alluded to earlier in the thread, something along the lines of KC's are in the game therefore people are justified in using them. You are quite right in this regard, if it is in the game people have every right to use them as they see fit. However do not confuse "being in the game" with "being fair to all parties concerned." 

The fact of the matter is KC's are in the game, until Superbot decides otherwise. They can help you win, neglecting them is a conscious decision on your part. They are in the game so might as well use them, don't expect anyone else to be bound by the same sense of honour as yourself and omit them from their arsenal. 

However, I am staunchly AGAINST kill confirms, contrary to what it may appear.

As I said before confirms are in the game, use or neglect them at your own risk. The problem lies in the fact that certain confirms are vastly easier to execute than others. IF confirms were intended and that is a big if the sole purpose of them is to eable persons to confirm kills. That being said it is highly unbalanced to create characters with

a) more confirms than other characters

b) confirms that are far easier to pull off than others.

By doing this Superbot have made it so that some characters can confirm kills far easier than others. Combine this with the fact that usually the characters with multiple or easily executable confirms have a much smoother learning curve and you have a flawed system. IF confirms were intended then one cannot make some confirms easier and some far more impractical. That is essentially making some characters far easier to confirm kills with than others. It is hard for any user of Evil Cole or Raiden to argue that their confirms are of the same complexity as Big Daddy's or Sir Daniel's. In addition racking up AP with Raiden is perhaps the easiest thing to do and anyone can just chuck grenades with Evil Cole. There is not enough balance and that is the problem with the confirms. I am almost positive if some of the lesser used characters had simple, easily applicable confirms there would be far less complaints, if any. Either Superbot should

a) make every character with an easily applicable confirm (I personally would hate to see this)

b) make every characters with confirms difficult and all of high complexity thus ensuring those who do execute it are give the opportinuity to confirm

c) remove confirms together.

As of currently I do not use confirms, I agree that they are, not so much cheap but unbalanced. They can perhaps be annoying to avoid (I personally can't stand all the Fat Princess users who make a beeline in my direction and constantly keep jumping to hit me with that little flying man) but I avoid using  them at my own risk, I will not try and enforce my unwriten code of honour unto any other player, I know any Evil Cole user will giga punch me in a heartbeat...cmon..he's Evil however confirms ARE infact unbalanced and as such while it may be in the game it cannot be deemed fair, especially if you compare some of the characters with the better confirms to the ones with complex confirms and notice that in addition to their easier confirm they have other advantages. It isn't a surprise that the same characters are appearing over and over in the leaderboards, it isn't about personal preference (which is what it should be about ) it has devolved into which characters have the better confirms. 

Message 180 of 193 (80 Views)