Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:
How do you know this? How do you know the players using the confirms would not win against those who don't if that handicap was established?

You don't. A good player is a good player. They would adapt to that situation too and beat people regardless. Lose like noobs? Unlikely. As much as I dont want to bring up drama, remeber when Pb_Mal challenged Asis to win without confirms? Guess who still won? The better player.

You present no logic in your argument. Logical fallacies do not determine actual reality.

Ok but that's what happens when 2 players that are good play......we are talking in general not a specific match why are you bringing this up when it has nothing to do? This is not a good example make another......the reason they are using it is because they aren't good enough to be unpredictable or just flat out win which in turn means they are not good enough 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 101 of 193 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Laybackkid wrote:
With Sweet Tooth I barely use hus KC (too obvious/hard to land). Instead after a knick down with shotgun I'll tech chase with his lvl one. Or I'll play mind games like predict a roll when the player starts panicing (punish with super) or sometimes even sit there while the opponent is blocking (get them that scared sometimes lol) and wait for them to roll behind me (to scared to think, almost never fails) lvl 1. I'll even jump for no reason while your expecting an attack and land lvl 1 (or turn around lvl 1 if I predict a roll.

Lol I came from a Smash background, If your a player who has habits or are predictable. My Sweet Tooth will download you, and will kill you (no KCs required).

MY HERO

Sleep Matt signature
Message 102 of 193 (107 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

More people pulling the no skill card again I see. Most people think about it the wrong way. Against very good opponents that actually do their homework on the match ups and know their characters it can be extremely hard to land a kill confirm. just like any fighting game you have to out play your opponent to land a hit and not be hit. You have to read your opponent to precicely land the correct move in the correct time and space to land any attack, including kill confirms. Skill always is taking place.

 

Lets relate to smash bros since most people like to. Think of those cheap level 1 kill confirms that everyone hates just like ledge guarding or meteor smashing off the edge. Hell, Marth can kill his opponent in 3 attacks. SuperBot at least managed to do something right where you couldn't just hit your opponent with one combo that leads to death from the start of a game.

 

If you are getting hit by any move in this game, regardless if it is a kill confirm, combo, tech chase, wake up game, anything.. both players are using his or her own skill to attempt to hit or kill the opponent. And like any good fighter, if you can kill faster, the better. If you allow me to continually land "easy" kill confirms, it still took my skill to get me to the point of killing you (or the opponents lack of it).

 

The lack of actual drive to be great players in this game's community is **bleep** poor to say the least. There are few people that actually like the game for exactly what it is and accept it. Instead of accepting defeat and trying to improve, its complain and ask for changes. I want to see this community attempt to be the best players that the game has to offer, not limit themselves to not using kill confirms or anything in that matter. If something is in the game use and master it, not hide from it and call them cowardly for actually playing the full nature of the game.

 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 103 of 193 (102 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

More people pulling the no skill card again I see. Most people think about it the wrong way. Against very good opponents that actually do their homework on the match ups and know their characters it can be extremely hard to land a kill confirm. just like any fighting game you have to out play your opponent to land a hit and not be hit. You have to read your opponent to precicely land the correct move in the correct time and space to land any attack, including kill confirms. Skill always is taking place.

 

Lets relate to smash bros since most people like to. Think of those cheap level 1 kill confirms that everyone hates just like ledge guarding or meteor smashing off the edge. Hell, Marth can kill his opponent in 3 attacks. SuperBot at least managed to do something right where you couldn't just hit your opponent with one combo that leads to death from the start of a game.

 

If you are getting hit by any move in this game, regardless if it is a kill confirm, combo, tech chase, wake up game, anything.. both players are using his or her own skill to attempt to hit or kill the opponent. And like any good fighter, if you can kill faster, the better. If you allow me to continually land "easy" kill confirms, it still took my skill to get me to the point of killing you (or the opponents lack of it).

 

The lack of actual drive to be great players in this game's community is **bleep** poor to say the least. There are few people that actually like the game for exactly what it is and accept it. Instead of accepting defeat and trying to improve, its complain and ask for changes. I want to see this community attempt to be the best players that the game has to offer, not limit themselves to not using kill confirms or anything in that matter. If something is in the game use and master it, not hide from it and call them cowardly for actually playing the full nature of the game.

 


I hope you're not talking about me this isn't what I'm doing I have no problems with what is said here and I hardly am hit with em as well in matches I'm just making a point I believe is valid for the people that think its unfair as I do as well no complaining here.....

Sleep Matt signature
Message 104 of 193 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:
How do you know this? How do you know the players using the confirms would not win against those who don't if that handicap was established?

You don't. A good player is a good player. They would adapt to that situation too and beat people regardless. Lose like noobs? Unlikely. As much as I dont want to bring up drama, remeber when Pb_Mal challenged Asis to win without confirms? Guess who still won? The better player.

You present no logic in your argument. Logical fallacies do not determine actual reality.

Ok but that's what happens when 2 players that are good play......we are talking in general not a specific match why are you bringing this up when it has nothing to do? This is not a good example make another......the reason they are using it is because they aren't good enough to be unpredictable or just flat out win which in turn means they are not good enough 


 

 

When 2 players that are good play the best wins just like they do now. Even in general, the best player WILL win. Just because someone uses a confirm does not mean it isn't good. 

 

One thing to note about your main argument is that it takes more skill to land a super off of a read than it does to land a super off of a kill confirm. With that logic, kill confirms do, indeed, seem to not require skill.  However, you have to read to land the kill confirming attack, itself, thus making them have the same level of diffuculty. 

 

Thus, rendering your argument wrong.

 

 

Message 105 of 193 (95 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/28/2012
Offline
1512 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
Oh I use KCs when I get the chance dont get me wrong Mogili lol.

I believe Sweet Tooth KC is hard to land because his lvl 1 looks like something meant for tech chase/roll/block punishes. He's for someone with great prediction skills. Another reason I believe his lvl 1 is really meant for that is because It extremely cheap and he builds a bar in very few hits and its pretty good/straight foward. So you can aford to miss a lvl 1 because you usually have two more stored

Also his lvl 2 is bad and unappealing, which was smart on SBs part. Making you use your lvl 1 most likely for those reasons I presented. But that's my reasoning.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 106 of 193 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/09/2012
Offline
2365 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013
Laybackkid, you play Sweet Tooth exactly as intended. That is a perfect way to describe him.
Message 107 of 193 (84 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Aylas_Hero wrote:
How do you know this? How do you know the players using the confirms would not win against those who don't if that handicap was established?

You don't. A good player is a good player. They would adapt to that situation too and beat people regardless. Lose like noobs? Unlikely. As much as I dont want to bring up drama, remeber when Pb_Mal challenged Asis to win without confirms? Guess who still won? The better player.

You present no logic in your argument. Logical fallacies do not determine actual reality.

Ok but that's what happens when 2 players that are good play......we are talking in general not a specific match why are you bringing this up when it has nothing to do? This is not a good example make another......the reason they are using it is because they aren't good enough to be unpredictable or just flat out win which in turn means they are not good enough 


 

 

When 2 players that are good play the best wins just like they do now. Even in general, the best player WILL win. Just because someone uses a confirm does not mean it isn't good. 

 

One thing to note about your main argument is that it takes more skill to land a super off of a read than it does to land a super off of a kill confirm. With that logic, kill confirms do, indeed, seem to not require skill.  However, you have to read to land the kill confirming attack, itself, thus making them have the same level of diffuculty. 

 

Thus, rendering your argument wrong.

 

 


Nope not the same level of difficulty it's easier to land a kill of a confirm than a read. a read into a kill confirm is still the kill confirm there no skill to reading and then kill confirm..take fat princess for example her confirm is usually the soldier followed by the cane hit and the lvl 1 .......if they are jumping all you have to do is time the jump and hit them with the soldier......so you're saying this is harder than timing when they jump or roll and trying to hit them with the lvl 1 that way? Because its not. theres nothing you can say that I won't have an equal response for dude all this talk of people accepting when you don't want to accept what is being said

Sleep Matt signature
Message 108 of 193 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

My post wasnt directed at anyone inparticular, just a general statement really. But everyone only focuses on the end result of a kill confirm, the actual super usage. People need to focus more on what happens before that, what led you to getting confirmed. Ultimately, even with a ton of kill confirms in my back pocket I can't use them if someone is skillful enough to prevent them. 

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 109 of 193 (76 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7491 posts
 

Re: It takes no skill to kill confirm

Feb 4, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

My post wasnt directed at anyone inparticular, just a general statement really. But everyone only focuses on the end result of a kill confirm, the actual super usage. People need to focus more on what happens before that, what led you to getting confirmed. Ultimately, even with a ton of kill confirms in my back pocket I can't use them if someone is skillful enough to prevent them. 


Which is why you shouldn't use them in the first place and just play the right way which is kill confirm free 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 110 of 193 (71 Views)
Reply
0 Likes