Message 11 of 17 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: It's unfortunate.

Dec 18, 2012

Plaaystation3 wrote:
Use drake, you'll have fun and leave the match on top majority of the time

I've seen some bad Drake players. Maybe it's because I go out of my way to kill people who spam moves.

Message 12 of 17 (111 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Dec 18, 2012
Fighting games are innately frustrating. It's because there's so much effort put into winning -- into doing your best to establish dominance over the other players. Not doing well makes one feel inferior and thus frustrated.

Welcome to the FGC.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 13 of 17 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I use parappa which is one of the characters most players online overlook so It's good to use a character like sir dan since people won't expect to fight him as much.

Message 14 of 17 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Rossome wrote:
Fighting games are innately frustrating. It's because there's so much effort put into winning -- into doing your best to establish dominance over the other players. Not doing well makes one feel inferior and thus frustrated.

Welcome to the FGC.

You know what?  I think this also largely hits the nail on the head for why I feel this way.  I love Smash, but PSASBR draws in more traditional fighting game elements, so that would explain what you're talking about.

Perhaps I'm not as much of a fighting game person like I thought I was.  It explains why I like series like Uncharted and inFamous, because they offer single-player experiences that I can engage myself in without the whole "dominance" thing.

Can't take heat, get out of kitchen, etc, etc.

Message 15 of 17 (99 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I thought this game would be less stressful and relaxed and more friendly than mortal kombat. Boy was I wrong. I get hate mail even in this game lol
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 16 of 17 (87 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Trying to play the game like it's Smash Bros will not really get you anywhere, it's like trying to play Team Fortress 2 like it was Call of Duty.

Best suggestion is to try out every character in the roster, you may find that you're more successful with a character you didn't intend to pick at first.

I myself didn't expect to still be playing Fat Princess from the beta onwards since I never even played her game but I just grew to like how she played in PSASBR and have improved with her a lot. I tried Sir Dan as soon as I got the full game but had trouble since I was not only not used to playing as him but also not used to the other 14 characters now added to the roster that played much differently from the original beta 6.

I've still been sticking to Fat Princess as my main but as I've grown more experienced I've gone back to trying to pick up Dan and have recently grown an adoration for Mr Bubbles himself Big Daddy (the fact I recently played Bioshock and have enjoyed it probably helped motivate me to play him :L) Sweet Tooth is another character I'm improving ever so slightly with each day.

Find a character you're comfortable using till you get all the basics of the game down and how to handle certain characters and certain kinds of players (i.e spammers) and once you do that start to experiment and branch out what you know for learning other characters. Also try to have fun, I know the desire to win every single match is tempting at first but you've first got to start learning to just enjoy the game the way it is first by messing around, having some random matches with friends and just experimenting and goofing around in arcade or practice mode :smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 17 (77 Views)
0 Likes