Reply
Survivor
Registered: 11/08/2012
Offline
2456 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013
Whenever I use raiden I just use his level 2 or 3. The only times ill use his level 1 are if the games gonna end or if somebody's trying to gigapunch me and I parry them. I would rather everybody's level 1 just be like slys than these EASY level 1 set-ups.
Message 31 of 52 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/11/2012
Offline
280 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@acurse
It wasn't straight up to you.
Its also to the big boy strife

Then why did you start off by saying "You started the slander"? And what part of it WAS directed at me? The "point" at the end where you say if your opinions are challenged in any way you will fight back? Ok you didn't actually say that..... But thats what you did. Your opinions where challenged, not in an aggressive manner just a contradictory manner then you lashed out.

Message 32 of 52 (192 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Online
1779 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

BIG_C_23 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

BIG_C_23 wrote:

Set Ups have always been huge in every fighting game.


Setups that always lead into combos? Sure.

 

Setups that always lead to a kill? Nope.

 

But that argument itself is irrelevant anyway. You might as well argue that health bars should be in this game, because they've "always been huge in every fighting game."


Wrong, in many games good players have combos that are near unbeatable that lead into a KO. 100% Combos. These usually require set ups to start the combos off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fK9t1eOJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGO_rbww9TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPYL9Gu_mY

 

Pretty much every single fighter has their version off a Kill Confirm.

 

 


Lol, ignoring the fact that those combos were performed on practice mode dummies and the fact that many of MK's "100%" combos were patched out, try learning what a reset is before posting videos like that. It's the very opposite of a combo that guarantees a kill, genius.

Message 33 of 52 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/28/2012
Offline
76 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013

I agree.

 

The community needs to grow some cojones:

 

What this means to me is that instead of complaining about the tactics others are using, you learn how to counter them and win despite.  

 

Having balls means being willing and able to stand up and deal with a tough situation, stick through and overcome it.  

 

Posting on a forum about how lame "Kill confirms" are is about the opposite of cojones.

Come watch competitive and casual PSASBR play:
http://twitch.tv/hotboxgaming
Message 34 of 52 (174 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/18/2007
Offline
4137 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

BIG_C_23 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

BIG_C_23 wrote:

Set Ups have always been huge in every fighting game.


Setups that always lead into combos? Sure.

 

Setups that always lead to a kill? Nope.

 

But that argument itself is irrelevant anyway. You might as well argue that health bars should be in this game, because they've "always been huge in every fighting game."


Wrong, in many games good players have combos that are near unbeatable that lead into a KO. 100% Combos. These usually require set ups to start the combos off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5fK9t1eOJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGO_rbww9TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPYL9Gu_mY

 

Pretty much every single fighter has their version off a Kill Confirm.

 

 


Lol, ignoring the fact that those combos were performed on practice mode dummies and the fact that many of MK's "100%" combos were patched out, try learning what a reset is before posting videos like that. It's the very opposite of a combo that guarantees a kill, genius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You sound like an idiot right now lol. I know what a reset is. ALSO, when those were patched out, more were found. Watch some tournaments sometimes buddy, i've seen em done plenty of times, you just don't want to believe it. Good day to you sir, 

 


#Reapers
Message 35 of 52 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/18/2007
Offline
4137 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013

godlessmode wrote:

I agree.

 

The community needs to grow some cojones:

 

What this means to me is that instead of complaining about the tactics others are using, you learn how to counter them and win despite.  

 

Having balls means being willing and able to stand up and deal with a tough situation, stick through and overcome it.  

 

Posting on a forum about how lame "Kill confirms" are is about the opposite of cojones.



You litterally just redeemed this thread in one post, my friend. Kudos to you.


#Reapers
Message 36 of 52 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/17/2012
Offline
2454 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013
@big c
I agree they have always been a unique thing to fighters but do you not think it could of been different with this game? The unique way in killing a person
Message 37 of 52 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
Registered: 07/16/2012
Offline
5944 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013
Cleaned this thread of some off topic comments!
Message 38 of 52 (145 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013
lol they have cojones to KC but they dont have cojones to stay in when they loose XD **bleep**. rage KC quitters

Message 39 of 52 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/30/2012
Offline
121 posts
 

Re: It's time for the community to grow some Cojones

Jan 17, 2013

the hit confirms are part of the online meta game now, just means you have to try a little harder and watch the other player's meters. They exist in almost every traditional fighting game, keep the game from being totally random

" Everybody following their heart; that's a loser's strategy"
-Seth Killian
Message 40 of 52 (121 Views)
Reply
0 Likes