Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 25 2012
By: Evan_Johnson First Son 3 posts

Issues that kept this game from being one of the greatest games I ever played

[ Edited ]
15 replies 406 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

To developers of Playstation All Stars:

First of all the characters play and feel great and the level designs are amazing. However there are 4 things cause me to give this 5 out of 10 instead a 9 out of 10. 

1. Have Dante's guns have a stun. His combos are worthless which is what his character is based off of because his guns don't stun like other moves so an enemy character can easily disrupt his combo like its nothing.

2. This is the big one. Have a game type where the characters have a health bar and there are no power finish moves. Because the moves are very unbalance, and the level 3 finish moves are get annyoing after watching 60 times and disrupt the fighting like a bad commercial. I am not saying get rid of what you got, just add something different. More options equal more enjoyment. 3 of my 5 brothers quite playing immediatly after this and after two days of givinig it my all I have to agree with their frustration. 

3. Lower raiden's damage dealing because he has speed, range and strength which makes him very powerful and more people are realizing this and are playing with him. My 10 year old brother beat me with him the first time he picked up the controller and I had been playing for a couple days(with Dark Cole). 

4. Better servers because I have yet gotten on a game where everything played fine and wasn't ruin by lag or connection issues.

I am only holding onto this game because I am hoping a patch will be made that will fix these concerning issues. This game represents all of PS3's history of gaming and should be continued to be polish to a fine jewl. It has the potential to be a great game and I hope it gives Smash Brothers a run for its money, but only if these and future issues are dealt with. Hope my voice is heard and keep up the good work you guys. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (406 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Issues that kept this game from being one of the greatest games I ever played

Nov 25, 2012

I agree with the part about Dante completely and the 2nd part to a certain extent. I feel a health bar mode would be a nice option to have but the focus should remain on super-based kills because that is what defines this game. I mentioned this in another post I made where they could add health bars to the match while having supers still be OHKOs. That way, you have more options to takedown opponents, either deplete their health or super them.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (363 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1527 posts

Re: Issues that kept this game from being one of the greatest games I ever played

Nov 25, 2012
I feel the same way, I still love the game but I'm waiting for a patch to fix some characters (nothing major) and make it more balanced. That being said it still is somewhat balanced, but there's some loose characters like Kratos and Raiden that have a bit of the upper hand with AP gain. If they do patch it, it'll be so much better :smileyhappy: as for people complaining about the menus and stuff...it's not a huge deal guys. Sure they're a little bland but who cares? It's about the core gameplay, you're only being nit picky lol. And yes, online needs fixibg with connection issues/lag and some of the weird issues tgat pop up like the infamous character switch. Otherwise, pretty good game
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 25, 2012

You are givng this game a 5/10 because:

1. <insert character here> sucks

2. I don't like/understand the game mechanics and want them changed completely to one of my preference

3. <insert character here> is too powerful

4. My internet connection sucks/My opponents' internet connection sucks

Those are not compelling reasons, at all, to drop the game from a 90% to a 50%. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (320 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 25, 2012
1. No other spamable guns stuns, so hell no!
2. "Please change what this game is about" Are you kidding me?!
3. Raiden is fine. Learn to fight him instead of wanting him nerfed, less than a fredning week after release.
You got owned by a child Deal with it xD
4. I've only had great connection games. Maybe because my connection is great?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Nov 25, 2012

add in the missing stages, fix blocking, add in dart and the ps allstars

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (267 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Nov 25, 2012
i dont need a health bar.. go and play smash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 25, 2012

dudedude32323232 wrote:

add in the missing stages, fix blocking, add in dart and the ps allstars

Stop whining all over the forum about the same thing.

OH MY GOD! Hahahahahah you're a Dart fan xD xD xD xD

That's why you're **bleep** off xD It all makes sense now xD

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Evan_Johnson wrote:

To developers of Playstation All Stars:

First of all the characters play and feel great and the level designs are amazing. However there are 4 things cause me to give this 5 out of 10 instead a 9 out of 10. 

1. Have Dante's guns have a stun. His combos are worthless which is what his character is based off of because his guns don't stun like other moves so an enemy character can easily disrupt his combo like its nothing.

2. This is the big one. Have a game type where the characters have a health bar and there are no power finish moves. Because the moves are very unbalance, and the level 3 finish moves are get annyoing after watching 60 times and disrupt the fighting like a bad commercial. I am not saying get rid of what you got, just add something different. More options equal more enjoyment. 3 of my 5 brothers quite playing immediatly after this and after two days of givinig it my all I have to agree with their frustration. 

3. Lower raiden's damage dealing because he has speed, range and strength which makes him very powerful and more people are realizing this and are playing with him. My 10 year old brother beat me with him the first time he picked up the controller and I had been playing for a couple days(with Dark Cole). 

4. Better servers because I have yet gotten on a game where everything played fine and wasn't ruin by lag or connection issues.

I am only holding onto this game because I am hoping a patch will be made that will fix these concerning issues. This game represents all of PS3's history of gaming and should be continued to be polish to a fine jewl. It has the potential to be a great game and I hope it gives Smash Brothers a run for its money, but only if these and future issues are dealt with. Hope my voice is heard and keep up the good work you guys. 

No no no no no. Dante's gun should not stun. I'd rather they accumulate more AP. The thing is, Dante's neutral triangle auto locks. If they were to stun, then we'd have the same problem with him as we do with Kratos. An Auto Locking massive Ap builder.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Nov 25, 2012
A health bar may be cool. Don't take out supers. They just do massive damage to the health bar. The characters don't have to dissapear at all. It can. Be like an actual fighting game where the character poses the whole health bar and just falls back and on the ground knocked out. I'm not saying to change the main game. I love it. An addition mode though with this option would be awesome.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (214 Views)
0 Likes