Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:


It should't be about "its the first in the series", it should be about trying their best. SuperBot can't be trying their best if they're "holding back because its the first game". (Btw these quotes are getting long, lets keep it short. Smiley Tongue)


alright haha, and i didnt say that should be the argumentSmiley Tongue im saying they have to do everything from scratch, nintendo for smash had a base to use for several gens, so did other fighting games, its much easier for them to do this than it is for superbot when its their first game and tehy have no previous experience with this type of game and they have no base to work with Smiley Happy

 


Customers don't care if its a starting game, if superbot wants to compete they have to add more characters.  for example if a restaurant opens up and the food isn't to great people won't go there to buy food because its a starting business eventually the food will get better, they will just get food that has better taste. It was a **bleep** example but I'm sure you might understand.


^this. I was trying to explain that, but I didn't do a very good job.Cat Wink

Also, if something doesn't do well the first time, who's going to show up the second time?


that depends on how they advertiseSmiley Tongue if food critics and other people say its gotten better or anything than im sure people will try it out, word of mouth. advertisements. etc

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 31 of 38 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/26/2010
Offline
1336 posts
 

Re: Is

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:


It should't be about "its the first in the series", it should be about trying their best. SuperBot can't be trying their best if they're "holding back because its the first game". (Btw these quotes are getting long, lets keep it short. Smiley Tongue)


alright haha, and i didnt say that should be the argumentSmiley Tongue im saying they have to do everything from scratch, nintendo for smash had a base to use for several gens, so did other fighting games, its much easier for them to do this than it is for superbot when its their first game and tehy have no previous experience with this type of game and they have no base to work with Smiley Happy

 


Customers don't care if its a starting game, if superbot wants to compete they have to add more characters.  for example if a restaurant opens up and the food isn't to great people won't go there to buy food because its a starting business eventually the food will get better, they will just get food that has better taste. It was a **bleep** example but I'm sure you might understand.


^this. I was trying to explain that, but I didn't do a very good job.Cat Wink

Also, if something doesn't do well the first time, who's going to show up the second time?


that depends on how they advertiseSmiley Tongue if food critics and other people say its gotten better or anything than im sure people will try it out, word of mouth. advertisements. etc

 


Well we have to hope the food critics, err the reviewers give it a good score otherwise it may not do well selling it to the masses. We know the game is good because we follow it up. What if someone lets call him jimmy doesn't follow the game. If jimmy never saw any gameplay or playing the beta or any other information for the game the only thing he sees is a fighting or brawler game with 20 characters than he may not try it out, especially if the reviews aren't too good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 32 of 38 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:


It should't be about "its the first in the series", it should be about trying their best. SuperBot can't be trying their best if they're "holding back because its the first game". (Btw these quotes are getting long, lets keep it short. Smiley Tongue)


alright haha, and i didnt say that should be the argumentSmiley Tongue im saying they have to do everything from scratch, nintendo for smash had a base to use for several gens, so did other fighting games, its much easier for them to do this than it is for superbot when its their first game and tehy have no previous experience with this type of game and they have no base to work with Smiley Happy

 


Customers don't care if its a starting game, if superbot wants to compete they have to add more characters.  for example if a restaurant opens up and the food isn't to great people won't go there to buy food because its a starting business eventually the food will get better, they will just get food that has better taste. It was a **bleep** example but I'm sure you might understand.


^this. I was trying to explain that, but I didn't do a very good job.Cat Wink

Also, if something doesn't do well the first time, who's going to show up the second time?


that depends on how they advertiseSmiley Tongue if food critics and other people say its gotten better or anything than im sure people will try it out, word of mouth. advertisements. etc

 


Well we have to hope the food critics, err the reviewers give it a good score otherwise it may not do well selling it to the masses. We know the game is good because we follow it up. What if someone lets call him jimmy doesn't follow the game. If jimmy never saw any gameplay or playing the beta or any other information for the games the only thing he sees is a fightin or brawler game with 20 characters than he may not try it out, especially if the reviews aren't too good.


yeah but if he did research on the game (and lets say theres only 20 characters) but theres thousands of challenges and tons of gameplay modes and a really long amazing story, than im sure he would buy itSmiley Tongue people gave $60 for persona arena when it had 9 characters, just for the storySmiley Surprised

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 33 of 38 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/26/2010
Offline
1336 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

I get your point but I think casual players don't really research apart from the basics Such as characters and reviews. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 34 of 38 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

joblade wrote:

I get your point but I think casual players don't really research apart from the basics Such as characters and reviews. 


i know :/ hopefully for casual gamers itll be like how they viewed smash, i saw lots of people walk into gamestop not knowing about it and go "wow a game with nintendos biggest characters?! ill buy it" maybe they will say the same about all-stars.

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 35 of 38 (252 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 09/25/2012
Offline
75 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

joblade wrote:

I get your point but I think casual players don't really research apart from the basics Such as characters and reviews. 


i know :/ hopefully for casual gamers itll be like how they viewed smash, i saw lots of people walk into gamestop not knowing about it and go "wow a game with nintendos biggest characters?! ill buy it" maybe they will say the same about all-stars.

 


Probably. They'd see people like Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, etc. They could hit childhoods with Jak/Ratchet, but those big big characters (Crash/Cloud/Spyro) are needed if the game is to sell as well as possible

Message 36 of 38 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
6850 posts
 

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

joblade wrote:

I get your point but I think casual players don't really research apart from the basics Such as characters and reviews. 


i know :/ hopefully for casual gamers itll be like how they viewed smash, i saw lots of people walk into gamestop not knowing about it and go "wow a game with nintendos biggest characters?! ill buy it" maybe they will say the same about all-stars.

 


Probably. They'd see people like Drake, Kratos, Sackboy, etc. They could hit childhoods with Jak/Ratchet, but those big big characters (Crash/Cloud/Spyro) are needed if the game is to sell as well as possible


yeah i agreeSmiley Tongue they probably are in, most likely the casual gamer wont notice the game for a week or two than do research and by than we will know the unlockable characters in the game (if there are any) and all the secretsSmiley Happy anyways im heading to bed xD

 



http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 37 of 38 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
296 posts
 

Re: Is

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

Any casual gamer that gets this game has no idea who spyro and crash are.... only real gamers at this point care about spyro and crash (whom i dont like anyway)...... Also everyone on this thread right now is going to get this game so why argue??

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 38 of 38 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes