zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

I believe Paul, but if SuperBot is doing this rumour to try and flush him out... then they're fricken stupid. Many people have canceled their preoders and stated they're not getting the game because of this.

they can fix it by announcing new characters, i see it from both sides, they want to figure out who is on the inside leaking information, because thats never good for a company, it could really mess them up or their schedule, plus it kind of makes sense, if you remember paul gales been asking an awful lot (no offense to him) about revealing characters and they probably dont really trust him. They probably think he will blurt out the characters at any moment.

The only way they could possibly fix this is to announce one of the BIG characters. Fast. If superbot doesn't say anything then 

Pauls gonna tell us about more characters. If they say something, then they look like an asshat company that spreaded false info. I'm sure people wouldn't resept SuperBot for that.

eh if you look at it rom a business standpoint they dont look bad, but i guess to fans they do, but yeah they will probably announce a big character coming up, or give their reason for saying theres only 20.

The fans are all that matters, really. If you knew nothing about this game and saw that it only had 20 characters on the back of the box, you'd be like "Hm. Not many characters, thats weak. Where's Smash Bros? I need mah fix of 30+ characters!" No seriously. 20 isn't impressive.

thats not true at all. i play a lot of fighters and the roster number doesnt affect me too much, its normally the gameplay and content. 20 isnt bad, look at MANY other fighting games (besides smash, as many people will tell you they already had a base and clone characters, its hard to make a fighter without clone characters)

Many other fighter have far more than 20 characters and no clones... Brawl had 28+ non clones, and using other fighters isn't very fair. Theres many different fighting game types, like a brawler (this/smash) is alot different from a 2D beat-em up type (Mk, SF)i

i cant tell if you are joking...have you played this game? yes it looks like a brawler. but it plays like a "beat-em up" like mortal kombat and street fighter, tekken, etc.

I'm not joking. You can't be implying that this is the same as Mortal Kombat, thats like saying Marvel vs. Capcom plays like Soul Caliber.

Message 21 of 38 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Is

Sep 30, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
I thought Paul said the ones he knows of are the actual ones, since the knew of them pre-leak.

yeah thats what i was thinking;p

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 22 of 38 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

I believe Paul, but if SuperBot is doing this rumour to try and flush him out... then they're fricken stupid. Many people have canceled their preoders and stated they're not getting the game because of this.

they can fix it by announcing new characters, i see it from both sides, they want to figure out who is on the inside leaking information, because thats never good for a company, it could really mess them up or their schedule, plus it kind of makes sense, if you remember paul gales been asking an awful lot (no offense to him) about revealing characters and they probably dont really trust him. They probably think he will blurt out the characters at any moment.

The only way they could possibly fix this is to announce one of the BIG characters. Fast. If superbot doesn't say anything then 

Pauls gonna tell us about more characters. If they say something, then they look like an asshat company that spreaded false info. I'm sure people wouldn't resept SuperBot for that.

eh if you look at it rom a business standpoint they dont look bad, but i guess to fans they do, but yeah they will probably announce a big character coming up, or give their reason for saying theres only 20.

The fans are all that matters, really. If you knew nothing about this game and saw that it only had 20 characters on the back of the box, you'd be like "Hm. Not many characters, thats weak. Where's Smash Bros? I need mah fix of 30+ characters!" No seriously. 20 isn't impressive.

thats not true at all. i play a lot of fighters and the roster number doesnt affect me too much, its normally the gameplay and content. 20 isnt bad, look at MANY other fighting games (besides smash, as many people will tell you they already had a base and clone characters, its hard to make a fighter without clone characters)

Many other fighter have far more than 20 characters and no clones... Brawl had 28+ non clones, and using other fighters isn't very fair. Theres many different fighting game types, like a brawler (this/smash) is alot different from a 2D beat-em up type (Mk, SF)i

i cant tell if you are joking...have you played this game? yes it looks like a brawler. but it plays like a "beat-em up" like mortal kombat and street fighter, tekken, etc.

I'm not joking. You can't be implying that this is the same as Mortal Kombat, thats like saying Marvel vs. Capcom plays like Soul Caliber.

well according to most people fighters do play like other fighters. I dont see how thats really a good comparision. If you are really complaining about 20 characters. Look at games just starting out THIS gen Persona Arena (if theres more? had like 9) Blazblue had 12, there was that PSN one with like 12. 20 is quite a lot or a series just starting out (and theres more so...)

Message 23 of 38 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

It should't be about "its the first in the series", it should be about trying their best. SuperBot can't be trying their best if they're "holding back because its the first game". (Btw these quotes are getting long, lets keep it short. Smiley Tongue)

Message 24 of 38 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

It should't be about "its the first in the series", it should be about trying their best. SuperBot can't be trying their best if they're "holding back because its the first game". (Btw these quotes are getting long, lets keep it short. Smiley Tongue)

alright haha, and i didnt say that should be the argumentSmiley Tongue im saying they have to do everything from scratch, nintendo for smash had a base to use for several gens, so did other fighting games, its much easier for them to do this than it is for superbot when its their first game and tehy have no previous experience with this type of game and they have no base to work with Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 38 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 30, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

alright haha, and i didnt say that should be the argumentSmiley Tongue im saying they have to do everything from scratch, nintendo for smash had a base to use for several gens, so did other fighting games, its much easier for them to do this than it is for superbot when its their first game and tehy have no previous experience with this type of game and they have no base to work with Smiley Happy

I guess you're right. Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 38 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 30, 2012

DairzBear101 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

I guess you're right. Smiley Happy

hahaSmiley Happy thats why i mentioned persona and blazblue, im sure they would love to put more characters in, just that its their first game of the series, already takes a bit just to put one game in, if all-stars gets a sequel im sure there will be A TON more characters, they have already said it takes maybe 2-3 weeks to code a charatcer in and do everything now that they are used to it and it gets faster as they do it.

Message 27 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Sep 30, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

Customers don't care if its a starting game, if superbot wants to compete they have to add more characters.  for example if a restaurant opens up and the food isn't to great people won't go there to buy food because its a starting business eventually the food will get better, they will just get food that has better taste. It was a **bleep** example but I'm sure you might understand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 28 of 38 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 30, 2012

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

Customers don't care if its a starting game, if superbot wants to compete they have to add more characters.  for example if a restaurant opens up and the food isn't to great people won't go there to buy food because its a starting business eventually the food will get better, they will just get food that has better taste. It was a **bleep** example but I'm sure you might understand.

im sure the people they are hiring have experience cooking the food they are cooking, and normally have cook books or recepies to follow. They have help, this game didnt really, yes they had experts on fighting games, but as mentioned above this game is like smash, not soul calibur and all. They werent used to making a game like this. If a pizza shop started selling sushi, i doubt itd be good at first, practice makes perfect.

Message 29 of 38 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

joblade wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DairzBear101 wrote:

^this. I was trying to explain that, but I didn't do a very good job.Cat Wink

Also, if something doesn't do well the first time, who's going to show up the second time?

Message 30 of 38 (47 Views)
0 Likes