Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: Is this game dying slowly?

Apr 18, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

I hate feeding trolls, but I can't help myself....

Thank you for brightening up this dark thread! Maybe this game is dying because people don't beleive anymore?!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 97 (110 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Freshh23 wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

wwinterj wrote:

Serious discussion here. We know alts are coming but with the lack of DLC news as to when this game will get more  and people losing interest do you think this game is dying a slow and painful death? Don't get me wrong I've no issue finding a game and still have fun but part of me that's growing is always asking "is this it?". How do you guys/girls feel about the future of this game been in limbo?

A good thread!

My opinion, yes, but very slowly- as this is the only available game of this genre available to play, expecially on the PS3 only, online. I feel like it will depend on we, the peple of this forum, to keep the skillful online alive, otherwise its just spammers. It really doesnt help that SSM is being very quiet about whats in the works, and frankly, i wouldnt be surprised if after this costume DLC we will not see anything else.

Sad, but its just my honest prosumption. All we can really do is stay active and try to have fun.

If this game doesn't get support for a much longer time, so many gamers will lose respect for Sony and Sony will lose credibility. Smart consumers, not fanboys of course.

Its unfair to lose respect for a company because they are not spending more money on a game that isnt MAKING them money. Its a buisness, after all.

There is the risk that if they keep making more DLC, people will see the support and be encouraged the buy the game, but i doubt that equation would be profitable. Lets not lose complete hope yet, just sit tight until the next costume DLC comes out, then we can probably expect an official word from SSM- even if it is to declare the discontinuation of support.

Message 22 of 97 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 18, 2013

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:
If true, it's sad because Melee and OG Smash still get played by so many people including myself and it never, never gets old.

You can blame Sony or SB for for including more PS icons and instead including characters that aren't PS icons, overpricing DLC, DLC characters being more non PS icons instead of PS icons, nothing to do besides Story Mode and multiplayer and all the people who praise all this and instead of wanting actual PS icons want characters that aren't.

this game failed at the last character announcment. Cloud, Tomba, Sora, Crash, or Spyro would have SOLD this game, but for some reason none of them were included. There is NO excuse that they are not in this game besides someone is being cheap, this game has new dante, and raiden, BUT I assume alot of the character were added for advertising purposes and for getting them real cheap. The dlc Also did NOT help but hindered it success

Are you still on that?

you opinion means nothing if you still cant comprehend WHY they are not in the game. Its been explained countless times, and frankly its people liek you that made SB and SSM not want to listen to the people.

Ill say it once more for you, they COULDNT be in because they DIDNT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO USE THEM. They even said they tried getting numerous characters in, but the IP owners said "no". THere is nothing else they could have done, simple as that.

3rd party characters is ONE thing and understandable if they couldn't be in the game but FIRST party characters/IPs not being in the game is completely INEXCUSABLE. This game is SUPPOSE to be about that but yet there are so many FIRST party PS icons that aren't in the game but characters that aren't PS icons are in this game.

This isn't questionable, it's the truth and you all know it, why defend it? Are you a consumer or do you work for these companies? you are a consumer so you should act like it, you should care more about yourself than these companies because they don't give a rats **bleep** about you.

Message 23 of 97 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Are these guys trying to resurrect Brawl Vs PSASBR from the grave again?
Message 24 of 97 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 18, 2013

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:

Negimafan wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:
If true, it's sad because Melee and OG Smash still get played by so many people including myself and it never, never gets old.

You can blame Sony or SB for for including more PS icons and instead including characters that aren't PS icons, overpricing DLC, DLC characters being more non PS icons instead of PS icons, nothing to do besides Story Mode and multiplayer and all the people who praise all this and instead of wanting actual PS icons want characters that aren't.

this game failed at the last character announcment. Cloud, Tomba, Sora, Crash, or Spyro would have SOLD this game, but for some reason none of them were included. There is NO excuse that they are not in this game besides someone is being cheap, this game has new dante, and raiden, BUT I assume alot of the character were added for advertising purposes and for getting them real cheap. The dlc Also did NOT help but hindered it success

Your tastes are pretty bad if you think Tomba belongs in the same breath as the other 4.

He's not as iconic as the rest but he's more of a PlayStation icon than Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Zeus, Isaac, Kat, Emmet, Raiden (should have been Snake, **bleep**!!!) and new Dante (should have been old Dante, W T F)

Your obviously a troll if you think some character I havent even heard of is more of a PS icon than Zeus.

Thats like saying "God of War isnt a big deal with Sony and its history"

Jjust because you haven't heard of him has nothing to do whether he's a PS icon or important to PS history or not. It doesn't matter whether I, you or anyone has heard or cares about certain characters, if they are PS icons than they are PS icons. I say Tomba should be in this game before Zeus because we already have a GoW character and it's the most important one, Kratos, before another GoW character releases we should get another PS icon from a different franchise. Have any character you want in this game, icon or not, but before the non iconic ones get in the game, actual PS icons have to be in the game.

Message 25 of 97 (101 Views)
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Freshh23 wrote:
He's not as iconic as the rest but he's more of a PlayStation icon than Big Daddy, Fat Princess, Zeus, Isaac, Kat, Emmet, Raiden (should have been Snake, **bleep**!!!) and new Dante (should have been old Dante, W T F)
Just because I don't own doens't mean I haven't played it. ALSO, I don't need to own it or played it to know facts, like: that this game is suppose to be about PlayStation icons but it sold out and it is not and every time they get a chance to make it so, they make it worse.

He had two mediocre games, and the developers who made him died shortly after. When they started out, Sony didn't want to have anything to do with 2-D games, in order to distance themselves from the competition. If you consider yourself a "voice" on Playstation, this should be obvious to you.

And by refusing to buy it, you're making Tomba's chances of getting in even lower than they were before. Believe it or not, it takes resources to make a character. It takes even more resources to make a new fighting system.

Frankly, for the budget they got, 20 characters should seem pretty huge. Street Fighter IV started out with 17, and they've had years to perfect their formula.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 26 of 97 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Freshh23 wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:

Are you still on that?

you opinion means nothing if you still cant comprehend WHY they are not in the game. Its been explained countless times, and frankly its people liek you that made SB and SSM not want to listen to the people.

Ill say it once more for you, they COULDNT be in because they DIDNT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO USE THEM. They even said they tried getting numerous characters in, but the IP owners said "no". THere is nothing else they could have done, simple as that.

3rd party characters is ONE thing and understandable if they couldn't be in the game but FIRST party characters/IPs not being in the game is completely INEXCUSABLE. This game is SUPPOSE to be about that but yet there are so many FIRST party PS icons that aren't in the game but characters that aren't PS icons are in this game.

This isn't questionable, it's the truth and you all know it, why defend it? Are you a consumer or do you work for these companies? you are a consumer so you should act like it, you should care more about yourself than these companies because they don't give a rats **bleep** about you.

Just because an IP is first party doesnt guarentee they wil be willing to let others use their characters. In fact, even characters like Jak are not 100% guarenteed- Naughty Dog could have said "No" for whatever reason, if they had wanted to.

If youw ant to mad at ANYONE, be mad at the companies not allowing their IP's to be used- not SB and SSM.

I am a consumer, but i actually have an understanding of the development process and what goes on with it- as such i dont expect a company to do something out of their control.

Message 27 of 97 (93 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 18, 2013

WTH? I'm not a troll, I have a life, I wouldn't waste any time being a troll, I'm not an internet nerd. I'm a gamer that currently loves PlayStation  and it's franchises and was super duper excited for this game but they completely dropped the ball and sold out. I want this game to be the best it should and be the game it's suppose to be, a game celebrating PS icons. When you play Smash Bros everything about the game says Nintendo and celebrating it's icons, it's not the case with PSASBR. If you really care about this game you would want the same thing. I think you guys are just such fanboys that you refuse to say those negative things about it thinking it will help the game, but it only makes things worse. That's one reason why so many people dislike the gaming community, even gamers themselves.

Message 28 of 97 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Apr 18, 2013
@freshh23 we agree that this game needs more PS icons(even if they're third party) but hey some of it ain't gonna happen since the companies who own them says "NO", that's life man, take what you can get.
Message 29 of 97 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Freshh23 wrote:
Just because I don't own doens't mean I haven't played it. ALSO, I don't need to own it or played it to know facts, like: that this game is suppose to be about PlayStation icons but it sold out and it is not and every time they get a chance to make it so, they make it worse.

He had two mediocre games, and the developers who made him died shortly after. When they started out, Sony didn't want to have anything to do with 2-D games, in order to distance themselves from the competition. If you consider yourself a "voice" on Playstation, this should be obvious to you.

And by refusing to buy it, you're making Tomba's chances of getting in even lower than they were before. Believe it or not, it takes resources to make a character. It takes even more resources to make a new fighting system.

Frankly, for the budget they got, 20 characters should seem pretty huge. Street Fighter IV started out with 17, and they've had years to perfect their formula.

That doesn't mean he's not a PS icon, he is, or AT LEAST is more of a PS icon than a lot of the characters in this game. That's what I'm saying.

No, I know how these things work, if I buy this game they will think I'm happy the game is and with what they are doing so they will continue to do it. This is how it works, companies have to make me want to buy their product, I don't buy a lame product so they can get more money so they can finally make a good product, instead of making a lame one, you make a good one so we buy your product and you get so much more buys.

I'm not talking about size of roster, re-read what I'm talking about.

Message 30 of 97 (75 Views)
0 Likes