Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: Is this game an overall success or failure?

Feb 26, 2013

i consider any game that i can put over 100 hours into and have fun the whole time doing it a great success!!...

it may have some flaws.. but every game does....

this one is indeed a success !

Message 31 of 43 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 26, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Yeah, but I like unlocking characters because it's like "Hmm....wonder who they would put in the game?" Then when you encounter NEW CHALLENGER it's like "WOOOOO, THIS GUY/GIRL IS IN THE GAME!!!". Plus theres more content to the game when you got hidden characters, like the starting characters in SSBM is more then everyone in ASBR.

We live in the age of the internet, there are no secrets in games anymore. Also, this game was designed to be tournament friendly. Having to unlock all the characters for a tournament would be a pain in the arse.
Message 32 of 43 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 26, 2013

On topic:

Yes, to me this game is a success. The community is still active and the game didn't get crapped on in the reviews.

Message 33 of 43 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Feb 26, 2013

barker09 wrote:

On topic:

Yes, to me this game is a success. The community is still active and the game didn't get crapped on in the reviews.

blah blah blah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 34 of 43 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 26, 2013
You have a strong argument.
Message 35 of 43 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I consider this game a failure only because it was probably the easiest game a developer could've been given the job to make and somehow SOOO many mistakes were made.
It's fun but it could've been so much more than what it is...
Message 36 of 43 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Feb 26, 2013

JABsAlot wrote:
I have to agree that this game could've been so much more than it is now, but really it isn't. When this game was announced I went nuts hoping that all my fav characters would be in it, but was disappointed when only a few of them were. The roster is.....ok since I don't consider Raiden, Nariko, Fat Princess, Kat, Emmet, Radec, Parrappa, or Sir Daniel to be Allstars, just characters who happened to have games on playstation. Don't get me wrong I use Sir Daniel as one of my mains, but I don't consider him an Allstar (I do like him as a character though). Also good cole and evil cole as characters? Really? We could've just had regular Cole and have good cole or evil cole as transformations (like toro, hitting up and circle could've made him good cole and down and circle could've made him bad). Sorry for ranting, this game could've been better that's it

I'm pretty sure SuckerPunch said somthing like this to SuperBot, "You want Cole? Either two Coles or no Cole".

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 37 of 43 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
^if I was Superbot I would've said ok then no cole. Because frankly that's garbage.
Message 38 of 43 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 26, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
I consider this game a failure only because it was probably the easiest game a developer could've been given the job to make and somehow SOOO many mistakes were made.
It's fun but it could've been so much more than what it is...

Yeah it must have been super easy to take all the "**bleep** SMASH CLONE LULZ THIS GAME SUX."
And hounding down developers for the rights to use the characters.
And when is it ever easy to develop a game? Especially with the fans that complain about every single thing? A lot of hard work and patience was put into this game despite what some of you think.
Message 39 of 43 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
^its not rocket science. These guys had to make a fighting brawler game, with playstation characters. Pretty easy..
They're not spending time on developing new characters, stories, or any of that.
They didn't even have to make their own engine. BluePoint made one for them.
The biggest flaw in the game is all the bugs, I've never seen a game with TWO betas have soo many bugs and problems post-launch...
Message 40 of 43 (40 Views)
0 Likes