Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Is this game an overall success or failure?

Feb 25, 2013
Don't forget Hehaichi he was in PS1 too.
Message 21 of 43 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I'm confused as to how people say this game is a failure because of spammers. It's part of the game. Deal with it. Don't ask the developers to patch out a strategy you don't like/struggle to fight against. COD has a ton of spammers but I don't think people would say COD is a failure of a game.

Call this game a failure as far as marketing goes. It's a huge reason we didn't get characters we want (IMHO). It never had a lot of support, so why should big IP's support it? If the game was marketed well, and people actually had faith in it instead of calling it a lame SSB ripoff, it could have been great to everyone, not just us forumers.

And as far as the balancing OP suggests, I think everyone is balanced for the most part. There are top tier characters that need some tweaking (reduce the size of Kat's gravity pull and she's fine by me) and buff some low tier characters like Dante. Sure he might be unsafe because he cant change directions, so give his bullets a little hit stun so he has an option to start a combo with them for a little less AP.

Message 22 of 43 (134 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Idk why people don't consider Sir Dan, but Parappa was just a rapping game, there was 0 fighting, so why add him?

Well SSB had Snake and this game has Raiden so it's like whoever wants to make a game similar to SSB EVERYONE is allowed to use Metal Gear characters. Big Daddy should have been like a secret character.....btw why aren't their secret characters???? I don't like having all the characters at my disposal without me earning them, it feels so unfulfilling.

Message 23 of 43 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 25, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:btw why aren't their secret characters???? I don't like having all the characters at my disposal without me earning them, it feels so unfulfilling.

I personally don't like the thought that some characters are kept from me when I payed $60 for this game. I don't want to be forced to play a character I don't want to play as to unlock someone I do. That kind of gimmick is a way to make it seem like there are things to earn and a lot of content in a game, when really, there isnt

Message 24 of 43 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
955 posts

Feb 25, 2013

People **bleep** about competition and balance : +1 points to the game for being really competitive.

People complain about no spyro and Crash yet they still bought the game when they werent annouced : +1 to the game for having a roster making up for the absense of those 2 characters.

People are here discussion whether the game is a success or failure: +1 for having enough popularity to be considered worth discussing.

Whether or not you thing this game is good or bad, the fact is you play it, probably alot. You and most of us are here discussing it for hours on end because we consider the game worth discussing. Go and check if people are discussing a game like reality fighters, honestly go check the post count for that section of the forums and compare it to here....

Game, set and match

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Message 25 of 43 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Heihachi makes 5 PS1 characters. 5 out of the initial 20 is 1/4 of the roster. How were they underrepresented?

I understand that the roster is more current, but to say PS1 is underrepresented is a little ridiculous.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 26 of 43 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Wait, wasn't Toro in a PS1 game too? So that's 6 PS1 characters. There's more PS1 characters than PS2 characters in this game. Yet, people think PS1 is underrepresented.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 27 of 43 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Yeah, but I like unlocking characters because it's like "Hmm....wonder who they would put in the game?" Then when you encounter NEW CHALLENGER it's like "WOOOOO, THIS GUY/GIRL IS IN THE GAME!!!". Plus theres more content to the game when you got hidden characters, like the starting characters in SSBM is more then everyone in ASBR.

Message 28 of 43 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Feb 25, 2013

@Psychoticyclon

Don't forget parappa got karate lessons from TEACHA master onion.Seriously now what i don't like is that there aren't as many iconic ps1 characters as it should.Sure there are a lot newer characters who are really cool and i like how they put drake and cole into the game but it still is missing some ps1 representatives.Also i don't like how they put new dante and made his lvl 3 turn his hair and jacket color to the old dante because i feel it is like they are saying  "sorry we couldn't get old dante but we will recolor the new one to compensate".

Message 29 of 43 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 25, 2013

All_FAIL_royale wrote:
Also i don't like how they put new dante and made his lvl 3 turn his hair and jacket color to the old dante because i feel it is like they are saying  "sorry we couldn't get old dante but we will recolor the new one to compensate".

It's called Devil Trigger. Works the same way in DmC.

Message 30 of 43 (92 Views)
0 Likes