Fender Bender
2709 posts

Re: Is this game an overall success or failure?

Feb 25, 2013

its a matter of perspective really. its like a 2 way street for me. 

its a failure due to all the spammers out there (hence i play more offline or with friends)

but its a success because i still enjoy the hell out of this game.

Message 11 of 43 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Parappa was a PS1 classic btw.

Also I never said Crash and Spyro shouldnt be in All Stars all I said was if they would really made this game a success if they were added.

Activision is at fault since they hold the rights for Crash and Spyro do you know how much money it will take to get those two let alone just one?
Message 12 of 43 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 25, 2013

depends on how you define success, if you want to go by superbots standards to introduce a new fighting game into the fighting game genre then yes, an new inovative take on how fighting games are played then yes, digging deep into playstations history to find memorable characters that people would like to play as (trust me i want crash too) then yes. I love this game and want a sequel for PS4. Also the reason that Kratos, Raiden, and Nariko can switch directions during their combos because thats how their own games are, very combo heavy 3 dimensional hack and slashers

Message 13 of 43 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Feb 25, 2013

I know he was...where was this going?

This game isnt really much of a success now, might as well add in Playsation's popular OG's.

Then Activision needs to stop f#cking with games. I would also like to say that it would cost a lot of money because that's 2 characters everyone expected to be in the game in the first place.

Message 14 of 43 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Depends on how you look at it:

Critically: I'd say its a success with scores sitting in the 75-85% region.  Not bad for a first run, especially since most of the negative comments are on the single player component.

Financially: I'd say its a failure, mostly due to poor marketing.  Though SONY claims sales were on target.  If they put more money behind this franchise, we'll probably see the drastic improvement SSB had between the original and melee.

In the end, I find the game extremely fun and its one of the few games I won't be reselling since its something I can enjoy with friends in the same room as me.

Message 15 of 43 (125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I have to agree that this game could've been so much more than it is now, but really it isn't. When this game was announced I went nuts hoping that all my fav characters would be in it, but was disappointed when only a few of them were. The roster is.....ok since I don't consider Raiden, Nariko, Fat Princess, Kat, Emmet, Radec, Parrappa, or Sir Daniel to be Allstars, just characters who happened to have games on playstation. Don't get me wrong I use Sir Daniel as one of my mains, but I don't consider him an Allstar (I do like him as a character though). Also good cole and evil cole as characters? Really? We could've just had regular Cole and have good cole or evil cole as transformations (like toro, hitting up and circle could've made him good cole and down and circle could've made him bad). Sorry for ranting, this game could've been better that's it
Message 16 of 43 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Why do people don't consider Parappa and Sir Dan as All Stars?! They started on the PS1 and Sony still has the rights to them.

I understand Raiden and Big Daddy not being All Stars but Parap and Dan?! .__.
Message 17 of 43 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9917 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Parappa, Sir Dan, Spike, AND Sweet Tooth are PS1 All-Stars, but because Crash and Spyro aren't in the game PS1 is underrepresented.

Lolwut?
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 18 of 43 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2709 posts

Feb 25, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Parappa, Sir Dan, Spike, AND Sweet Tooth are PS1 All-Stars, but because Crash and Spyro aren't in the game PS1 is underrepresented.

Lolwut?

talk to activision about that...

Message 19 of 43 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9917 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I don't care that they're not in this game, and I don't care if they get put into this game.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 20 of 43 (100 Views)
0 Likes