Feb 25 2013
By: nozzyboi First Son 29 posts

Is this game an overall success or failure?

42 replies 379 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Honestly, even though this game is very fun to play. It is the biggest gltiched out game out. And the reason why this game is selling is because fans who liked Smash Bros, and MVC are playing it. It is very unique. But they needed to pay more attention to the game. Here is my list of problems with a solution.

My Problems with the game:

1. Online Mode: Too many people are playing the same way. Spamming and throwing you into other ppl's kills. And quiting the game can cause the game to not count.

Solution: Quitters should be replaced by bots. And if you quit, you automatically lose your 11 points and you have to wait 30 seconds before getting back into another match.

2. Characters: The characters in the game are fine. I'm talking about the way they setup their AP. You have some characters who can hit you with a two hit combo and it's 40-60 AP. And there are too many characters who were built for spamming. Where you can just sit back and do the same thing over and over again.

Solution:

A) Drake's Barrel - It needs to be nerfed. And the way I want it to be is actually fair to everyone. If drake gets hit in mid air at the beginning on his barrel, that barrel doesnt come out. And the barrel should not be on the screen for that long. It should roll for a little bit, and then disappear if it doesnt hit anyone.

B) Kratos, Nariko, and Raiden - If they are facing one way and in the middle of a combo. They should not be able to turn around immediately and start another combo.

3. Jump Spamming: They need to nerf this. If someone jumps in the air, there needs to be a 2-3 second delay before they can jump again. This is just to get rid of the spammers who will just jump all game long, and attack from the air.

Message 1 of 43 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Is this game an overall success or failure?

Feb 25, 2013
This game is not the biggest glitched out game it might be ONE of the biggest glitched out game out there but not the biggest.
Message 2 of 43 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Overall it was a failure the bad things about it just overule the good things.

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 3 of 43 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Feb 25, 2013

Only bought it because I'm a huge SSB fan and thought this game would be exactly the same but with Sony characters and items. Huge let down when I found out you can 1.spam 2. only win through supers 3. only way to get supers is to combo 4. when your in a combo, you can't do sh!t 5. Barely any characters compared to SSB. 6. No Spyro, Crash, or anyone from Kingdom Hearts. Like seriously, didn't Spyro make Playstation, but instead I find Nariko, Kat and Emmett, Idk where thier even from or whether or not they are from Playstation or not. There are perks to the game as well, but as it is, I would say 3/10.

Message 4 of 43 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Why can't sony represent characters from their future in All Stars? (Nariko, Kat, Emmett)

Also let's be honest here would Spyro and Crash really do some justice to All Stars? Fan serves? Yes Gameplay? No.

And another thing if your comparing this to SSB well then you took a wrong turn buddy.
Message 5 of 43 (334 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Feb 25, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

Only bought it because I'm a huge SSB fan and thought this game would be exactly the same but with Sony characters and items. Huge let down when I found out you can 1.spam 2. only win through supers 3. only way to get supers is to combo 4. when your in a combo, you can't do sh!t 5. Barely any characters compared to SSB. 6. No Spyro, Crash, or anyone from Kingdom Hearts. Like seriously, didn't Spyro make Playstation, but instead I find Nariko, Kat and Emmett, Idk where thier even from or whether or not they are from Playstation or not. There are perks to the game as well, but as it is, I would say 3/10.

I'll put this as clear as possible:

Crash e Spyro.PNG

firma.PNG

Message 6 of 43 (325 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9118 posts

Feb 25, 2013
I agree with Danny. This was never meant to be like SSB.

Financially this game was a failure. The weak marketing hurt this game something fierce. That, and people who played it didn't like it because it wasn't like SSB.

In my books this game was a huge success. It was everything I thought it would be. Even with all the bugs and balance issues I still have fun with it. No fighting game is without it's fair share of problems and this game is no exception. But it's still enjoyable.

The roster was a problem for people too. Now personally, I think the roster is just fine. It offers variety and represents some of Playstation's greatest. But people always gripe about no "Crash or Spyro". People think this game NEEDS these characters when it really doesn't. I could care less if they make it in this game.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 7 of 43 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Feb 25, 2013
Overall its a failure

Is it a good game? Yes.

Is it the game it could have been? Not even close

Message 8 of 43 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I still think the character balance is pretty bad, so from purely that perspective it's a big failure in my books, but overall I've had more fun with this game than many other games in the recent past.

So in the end, I still love playing the game despite it not being perfect.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 9 of 43 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Feb 25, 2013

To Danny: I never said they couldn't, I just don't see why they did when Crash and Spyro has been with playsation since PS1 and these characters came out of the woods.

You can't see Spyro and Crash in this game yet we have fat princess and parappa?
Yeah no cr@p, took a left, missed a step and fell into a field of cacti. Still wanted to see how some of these characters would fight like in a SSB type game. Didn't expect anyone to be Overpowered and BOOM, got out of the field of cacti only to be hit by a bus and got flung into a tar pit.

Message 10 of 43 (288 Views)
0 Likes