Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 20 2012
By: Lotusvibe First Son 9 posts

Is there a way to map jump to up diretion in final release?

8 replies 174 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

I cannot find an answer in the forums.  Is there a setting in control options to assign jump to the up direction button on dpad?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Re: Is there a way to map jump to up diretion in final release?

Nov 20, 2012

Just check on the option and the response is there

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I don't think so. Unless someone can prove me wrong
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 20, 2012

drakolecoococo wrote:

Just check on the option and the response is there

I don't have the game I cannot check the options menu if that is what you meant.  I'm sorry I'm actually very unclear about what you are trying to say.  Are you saying yes or no?  Is there a setting to enable setting jump to the up direction?  Can anyone post a screen shot of this setting in the options menu if it exists.  It may sound silly but I'm not going to buy the game unless I have this option I played the beta and just can't get used to have X as jump.  I play many fighting games and up is always jump for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Nov 20, 2012
I dont think you can. Besides it would mess some of the moves up.. i mean you need to hold up and press an attack to do attack, if up was jump, you wouldnt be able to do all the up moves..
ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 20, 2012
It actually wouldn't mess up the moves at all. In SSB I map jump to "Up" on the analog stick even though you hold up to use some A attacks and B attacks
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 20, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:
It actually wouldn't mess up the moves at all. In SSB I map jump to "Up" on the analog stick even though you hold up to use some A attacks and B attacks

Thanks you!!! I was just about to reply the previous post about that.  in Smash Brothers Brawl - (UP + attack) = Upward Smash attack     (UP+Special) = upward special attack or the 3rd jump if you will.   (UP) = Jump

Unless I'm  missing somthing it should not mess up things at all.  Are they're any other 2d fighting games where up isn't jump?  In Mortal kombat up is jump, in street fighter up is jump, smash brothers up is jump, king of fighters up is jump.  It just seems so weird to not include it as an option as any fighting game veteran will have to adjust to this lack of a control option. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (86 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1194 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Lotusvibe wrote:

musicfreaklam wrote:

Thanks you!!! I was just about to reply the previous post about that.  in Smash Brothers Brawl - (UP + attack) = Upward Smash attack     (UP+Special) = upward special attack or the 3rd jump if you will.   (UP) = Jump

Unless I'm  missing somthing it should not mess up things at all.  Are they're any other 2d fighting games where up isn't jump?  In Mortal kombat up is jump, in street fighter up is jump, smash brothers up is jump, king of fighters up is jump.  It just seems so weird to not include it as an option as any fighting game veteran will have to adjust to this lack of a control option. 

Yay and Street Fighter too do that, Up to jump.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Why is it such a big deal to have up as jump? The control scheme works very well as it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (75 Views)
0 Likes