Highlighted
Dec 18 2012
By: pmarc82 Lombax Warrior 133 posts

Is there Throw Tech in PSABR?

5 replies 279 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

I noticed that Drake's up throw sometimes gets blocked by the CPU on highest level in training mode. Do you guys think that throw tech is implemented in PSABR? I have been trying to get an answer for this for a while now. If yes, how is it done?

As far as I am concerned throw are inescapable, so maybe the drake up throw being blocked is a bug.

Message 1 of 6 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Re: Is there Throw Tech in PSABR?

Dec 18, 2012
There is, I've tech'd throws several times, it happens if two people grab each other at the same time. I've blocked it a number of times
Message 2 of 6 (277 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 18, 2012
If you press grab it cancels a grab but do it when they jUst grab you
Message 3 of 6 (276 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Thanks a lot guys...this thing was driving me crazy. So the raiden infinite throw loop doesnt really exist then, am I right?

Message 4 of 6 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 18, 2012
To some degree it does. First, how many people are going to think" I should grab-counter his grab?"when they're in the loop? Not many. Most will try to roll away, or go on the offensive. Second, and I may be wrong, but doesn't the loop begun with Raiden stunning you into a kneeling position? That's what it was when it happened to me at least, and there was nothing I could do.
Message 5 of 6 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Dec 18, 2012

johngie wrote:
To some degree it does. First, how many people are going to think" I should grab-counter his grab?"when they're in the loop? Not many. Most will try to roll away, or go on the offensive. Second, and I may be wrong, but doesn't the loop begun with Raiden stunning you into a kneeling position? That's what it was when it happened to me at least, and there was nothing I could do.

I see. I believe the loop does that with the forward circle move. I have never been exposed to it but that's what I recall seeing in a video. The forward circle gives you a butt drop and I dont think you can grab from the knee crumple position with any chars (i.e. Dante 3rd hit from 3x square, nariko's down circle, or raiden forward square).

Im thinking maybe i should just mash on throw when getting comboed on the ground. Not sure if there is some startup frame for the throw though, maybe that might not work.

In other news, I have seen throw beat Drake's forward square o_0 I wonder if that will work against raiden's forward square as well hehe

Message 6 of 6 (180 Views)
0 Likes