Splicer
69 posts

Re: Is the problem that we've played the games?

Feb 3, 2013

This is sooo true haha. I wana  play this with someone who has never really played games before but i think i dont know anyone who is that. lol

Message 11 of 31 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Well yeah, I have a cousin who's never touched a Playstation game but after I let him play All-Stars he grew to like Good Cole because he's a fan of super heroes.
Message 12 of 31 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 3, 2013

same thing happened to me man,

most of my friends play japanese games or sports games, so they don't know almost any of these chars,

before we played the game, i showed them the roster, and i asked them "do you know any of these guys?"

they mostly answered Kratos and Sweet Tooth, but that's it,

one guy knew who Dante was, and i said that it was from the latest game, and he too was the only one who knew about the existence of SSB (my country grew up with the PlayStation, they never gave a single efff about Nintendo consoles)

honestly though, we had a blast playing FFA kill-limit,

i judge a game on whether it's fun or not, and this game's fun level is off the charts....

Play For Fun!
Message 13 of 31 (181 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 3, 2013
This game is amazing. All my friends love it when I play with them the first time. Idk why anyone wouldn't like it

Message 14 of 31 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Well, technically, there was never an official Super Smash Bros. forum, so people could never give some constructive criticism, and if they could, there was nothing Nintendo could do about it, the Wii can't change gameplay by updating. So people just learned to deal with it.

Here in PSASBR, we have a chance to make a difference, and we take advantage at that. Regardless if it's good or bad.

Message 15 of 31 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Happens a lot when I play with my non-Playstation owning friends. They always pick these unorthodox choices for someone playing the game for the first time, and they have a lot of fun.

90% of the time I'm playing the game locally with friends, and it's a blast. I don't think that same experience can be mirrored online, with any game really - it's just not the same.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 16 of 31 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Feb 3, 2013
^true dat...
Play For Fun!
Message 17 of 31 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Soo true! Playing offline with a friend (in my case I play with my brother) it's extremely different. Way more fun than playing against Kratos,Nate and Raiden.

firma.PNG

Message 18 of 31 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2537 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The other day, I brought this game to a party, got wasted, and played some 4 player FFA. No one complained. Everyone loved it. I've always been able to overlook the "issues" people have with this game. It's like people think they're smarter than the developers and the best player in the world. If they don't win, it's not their fault - the game is flawed.

Either that or people love to complain about things they aren't familiar with because they thought they would be
Message 19 of 31 (129 Views)
Wastelander
781 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Ahhh this thread is like a refreshing Oasis of appreciation in the middle of a hot, dry desert of whining and entitlement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 20 of 31 (114 Views)