Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2013
By: Le_Froglet Hekseville Citizen 252 posts

Is the patch out yet?

9 replies 339 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

I aint played in weeks and will carry on that way until the patch is out.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18799 posts

Re: Is the patch out yet?

Jan 15, 2013

The game hasn't even been out for two months yet. I wouldn't expect any patches or updates for at least another month. To properly fix as many bugs as possible, it takes time.

The process for debugging a program includes collecting the bug reports, reproducing the issue, determining a fix (which in the case of character balance can be tricky), and then testing that fix and fixing any new issues that fix may have introduced.

Then once you have a patched game, if it requires server side updates too, a plan needs to be made to push the game update and server updates at the same time, sometime in the middle of the night to impact as few gamers as possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jan 15, 2013

coreno wrote:

The game hasn't even been out for two months yet. I wouldn't expect any patches or updates for at least another month. To properly fix as many bugs as possible, it takes time.

The process for debugging a program includes collecting the bug reports, reproducing the issue, determining a fix (which in the case of character balance can be tricky), and then testing that fix and fixing any new issues that fix may have introduced.

Then once you have a patched game, if it requires server side updates too, a plan needs to be made to push the game update and server updates at the same time, sometime in the middle of the night to impact as few gamers as possible.

All true, except for the fact there has already been a patch (v1.02), and details of the next (v1.03) have already been mentioned, it wont be long before it actually hits.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18799 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Lex_Gamer wrote:

coreno wrote:

All true, except for the fact there has already been a patch (v1.02), and details of the next (v1.03) have already been mentioned, it wont be long before it actually hits.

This I did not know! Link to update details?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4137 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I don't know if you know this to the guys above, but we are on 1.03, the next patch would be 1.04.

#Reapers
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 15, 2013
Actually, for Vita, the patch is 1.02 and the PS3 patch is 1.03; I believe.

On the Vita I'm on 1.02 (the Vita's patch came out after the 1.03 fix for the PS3).
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:

On the Vita I'm on 1.02 (the Vita's patch came out after the 1.03 fix for the PS3).

You also have to remember that the 1.02 patch completely broke the game during its test run in EU. They wanted to make sure they got everything sorted out before they released any patches here in the US

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

You also have to remember that the 1.02 patch completely broke the game during its test run in EU. They wanted to make sure they got everything sorted out before they released any patches here in the US

Yeah

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 15, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

I gotchya. But that doesn't exactly change the fact that the versions are dfferent between consoles, haha!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 15, 2013
It is getting really silly now, the games been out for almost 2 months and nothings happened and I don't think anything will, patch 1.01 was on day1 (UK release), patch 1.02 came out to nerf sackboy (which is fine) but it f'd things up and prevented people going online and worse but less then a day and a half later during Americas week break thing before Xmas (UK don't have) they made patch 1.03 to fix 1.02.

So a small lil patch even to fix 1 online property doesn't seem hard especially when by the sounds n looks of it dlc is complete
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes