Fender Bender
2538 posts

Re: Is spamming really all people can do?

Feb 26, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Spammer mindset: Winning is more fun than losing.

Your mindset: I'm only having fun if I don't play people who like to win more than they like to lose?

Why can't you have fun playing someone who has more fun winning than losing?

Message 21 of 50 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

Feb 26, 2013
You misunderstand. I'm not against spammers really. I love spammers because their predictability is an easy win for me.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 22 of 50 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

johngie wrote:
I like how you are content to lecture about teaching and helping others, yet I see nothing even remotely helpful in your posts here. Just you chastising those who speak out against the losers of this game who would rather be cheap and take the easy way out than actually learn the game.

I get satisfaction from beating other skilled players. Not from having to play a completely different, basic, dumbed down game because some players are too stupid or cheap to actually try.

As for your first point, I made a Sly Cooper guide that you can search for, as well as compiled all the guides I could find into one post so people can find guides easier. I am all about helping others and I give advice whenever I think I can offer some.

My advice here is to stop complaining about spammers. You literally just confirmed that you think spammers are people who are too stupid or cheap to actually try. Those are your words. When in reality, spamming is a strategy that works against a lot of people who don't know how to fight it. My girlfriend almost never blocks, and I could probably spam her to death. But what spamming does to a lot of people is annoy them because they think they are smarter than spammers, and wonder why spammers can ever find success playing the way they do, when in fact, they do find success, and they do have fun. And you have no right to tell them what not to do unless you actually teach a technique that THEY find to be superior to spamming. It doesn't matter if you think it's better, they have to think it's better.

edit: and lol nasrulez then my comments are not directed towards you. I also love spammers because of their predictability.

Message 23 of 50 (132 Views)
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Feb 26, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:
Spamming is a strategy that works on people like OP and everyone else complaining. You think someone is inferior because they spam, they beat you once, and you think spamming is cheap because how else can someone beat you if they're worse than you?

News flash: if you lose to spammers, the spammers are better than you. That's why they won. There is no rule or mechanic that says spam is illegal or even should be. If you could consistently beat spammers, you wouldn't complain. It's because you sometimes lose to them that makes you mad. That makes it a good strategy and one you should plan for instead of complain or ask for anti-spam measures.

as much as i hate to say it, you have a point in saying that there is no rule or mechanic against it. however, doesn't mean everyboy likes the idea to begin with. the way i see it, spammers have no strategy or button mash their way to victory. in essense, the victory boils down to luck rather that skill. yea, some luck is involved but against spammers, its purely luck. if we lose, its not to say the spammers are better than us. most of us probably just don't have some kind of strategy against spammers, which is a common thing i think

Message 24 of 50 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I apologize. I'm getting all worked up here. Echoing what nas said, I love spammers. However, when I think "spam" I think "Drake's barrel", and that is what I'm basing my posts on, as that single move is the only one that I honestly believe is currently overpowered, as well as the most effective when spammed. I can easily deal with pretty much every other type of spam.

And sure, spamming can be a useful strategy, but it shows no skill whatsoever, and it's immensely frustrating to lose to someone who shows little to no skill or has no grasp on the game.
Message 25 of 50 (124 Views)
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 26, 2013

I love using Emmett's mines to destroy Drakes barrels and I like his turrets to stop Raidens foward square.

I'm through playin games!
Message 26 of 50 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Spamming by nature is using a move that is seen as strong or even overpowered. No one spams weak moves after all. But saying that it takes no skill to spam is not relevant. If it doesn't take skill, you shouldn't lose. A lot of times, I lose to spammers not because it's cheap, it's because I refuse to adapt my strategy to fight them. If Kratos is spamming forward square, and I'm trying to connect one of my AP bursts, he is going to beat me unless I approach him differently by blocking, rolling, and punishing. If I do this, I can actually spam these techniques, causing him to think to himself "If I keep spamming, I am going to get punished every time and lose. I should try something else."

If anything, if spammers are the unskilled players everyone says they are, complaining about them is not going to help. Either teach them how to do other things on the forums, or force them to learn new things by continuing to punish them. If they want to change, they will.

Message 27 of 50 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Where I make generalizations about spammers lacking skill, you make ones about spammer changing their ways and realizing their errors, or adapting. In my experience, a good 85% of the time ravaging and punishing a spammer changes NOTHING, because the majority of the time the players are legitimately unskilled or unfamiliar with the various facets of the game/characters.
Message 28 of 50 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1151 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Rank matches is where most players will do what ever it takes to win, even spamming the best moves to get AP quick.

Drake with his barrel and AK gun

Sly with his teleport and hiding in the shadows using level 1

Kratos with his square spamming

Raiden with His slide sword then level 1 kill confirms

Sackboy with Cake while ignoring the jamsession

Message 29 of 50 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
68 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I actually think Sly's forward triangle is way more annoying than anything else.
I'm through playin games!
Message 30 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes