Monster Hunter
25 posts

Re: Is spamming really all people can do?

Feb 26, 2013

Noobish-Hero wrote:
@Sly_08
Awkward because I honestly run into Nate more than any other character (even more than Kratos)

I wish I had your luck.

Really...I can stand Nate more than Kratos just because I run into him so often.

I RARELY see a SirDan. Why?

----------
Winners Think Funny (Clan Leader)
My YT Chan: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlyRavage
Message 11 of 50 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
249 posts

Feb 26, 2013

i know how you feel. like some ppl said, its best to make some friends and play together rather doing ranked matches alot. lowers the stress to know that you lost against somehow using skill, not spamming the same moves over and over.

Message 12 of 50 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Spamming is a strategy that works on people like OP and everyone else complaining. You think someone is inferior because they spam, they beat you once, and you think spamming is cheap because how else can someone beat you if they're worse than you?

News flash: if you lose to spammers, the spammers are better than you. That's why they won. There is no rule or mechanic that says spam is illegal or even should be. If you could consistently beat spammers, you wouldn't complain. It's because you sometimes lose to them that makes you mad. That makes it a good strategy and one you should plan for instead of complain or ask for anti-spam measures.
Message 13 of 50 (164 Views)
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Complaining about spammers doesn't necessarily mean you can't beat them. It's just something that occurs often enough to annoy players.
Message 14 of 50 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 26, 2013
If you always beat a person, why does it matter what they do?
Message 15 of 50 (150 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Feb 26, 2013

TrashCrap wrote:

Because people play games to have fun. Even if you win, people who constantly spam decimate the fun factor of this game. It matters.

Message 16 of 50 (131 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 26, 2013
What Gale said. As a Big Daddy, my best defense against spamming (especially Drake's braindead Barrel and AK) is to charge at them. Sure, I could win this way, but just charging back and forth? Dear sweet baby Jesus is it not fun, so I don't, and I lose.
Message 17 of 50 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 26, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

TrashCrap wrote:

Because people play games to have fun. Even if you win, people who constantly spam decimate the fun factor of this game. It matters.

So you don't have fun by overcoming a challenge and winning? That's not enough? They have to play the game the way you like even though they are having fun the way they play? That's pretty messed up guys.

Or, you think it takes less skill to spam. I've seen people say it before. And then you lose a couple times to a spammer. I know we all lose sometimes. And you think that since spamming takes no skill, and you lost to it, it needs to be fixed.

NO! You need to be fixed. Adjust to it, and teach people how to beat spammers. For gods sake teach people. A lot of people like to brag on the forums that they discovered something new, but don't want to tell anyone unless they play them. I know that might not be you, but hiding tech and strategy only keeps people from learning things besides spam. Sure, it may stroke your ego that you found it, but if no one else can do it, they will do what they know. And since spam is easy to discover, that's what they do. And they have fun. I don't think you can expect someone to sacrifice their fun so you can have fun.

Message 18 of 50 (121 Views)
Last Guardian
9914 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Spammer mindset: Winning is more fun than losing.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 19 of 50 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I like how you are content to lecture about teaching and helping others, yet I see nothing even remotely helpful in your posts here. Just you chastising those who speak out against the losers of this game who would rather be cheap and take the easy way out than actually learn the game.

I get satisfaction from beating other skilled players. Not from having to play a completely different, basic, dumbed down game because some players are too stupid or cheap to actually try.
Message 20 of 50 (113 Views)