Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 26 2013
By: Sly_08 Monster Hunter 25 posts

Is spamming really all people can do?

[ Edited ]
49 replies 470 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

95% of my matches include a Kratos player.
90% of my matches include a Raiden player.

70% of my matches, people spam the same move over and over. With Kratos, the obvious side grab. With Raiden, they're constantly doing the square combo, which isn't hard to pull off. If I run into an Evil Cole player, half the time they spam the Phoenix Bird dash.....etc, etc (and all the other characters with spam moves, you all know...)

I have run into good players, obviously. Some people know what it's like to have and use skills. I hate spammers because I play for fun. Not to win. Winning is obviously fun, but I play to play. Not to win.
These spammers....seriously.... what's so fun about the same move over and over...and then stil lose.

I have had the displeasure of running into a game where everyone spammed. And it so happened to be that 2 of them were Kratos users...

I'm not the best player, but I sure as hell don't suck. And I love this game so much...but I'm losing my love towards it just because people ruin it for me with all there cheapness and spamming.

/soft rant

I just needed to get that off my chest. :smileyhappy:

----------
Winners Think Funny (Clan Leader)
My YT Chan: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlyRavage
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 50 (470 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Is spamming really all people can do?

Feb 26, 2013

Some advice: Make friends in the community here or real life, stay away from ranked matches, play offline if you can.

Most people here are passionate enough to learn a character instead of using exploits.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 50 (461 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Some say its immature, but I love to go into a matcher, find the spammer, torture him the whole match, then message him telling he sucks and should learn new tactics instead of spamming.

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 50 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Feb 26, 2013

1. Spam back.

2. Wait for an opening.

3. Use characters with a counter.

4. Use a range character and play keep away.

5. Learn combos with every character so you can fight back with anyone, but not to the point of try-hard winning so you can still have that fun experience.

I've only been playing the game for like a day now and figured out very few ways to counter some spammers, at least the bad spammers who only use like 2 moves.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 50 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
How do you not mention Drake in a spam post
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 50 (447 Views)
Sackboy
527 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Don't like being spammed, then hunt them don't and stop them.

Can't stop them?  Well, then they are better than you, so quit with the QQ, and practice.

You can say spam takes no skill.  Maybe its true, but being able to spam, and avoid the enemy to continue spamming does take skill.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 50 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
629 posts

Feb 26, 2013

>Talks about spamming

>No mention of Drake or Sly

Currently Playing: Playstation not All Stars Battle Royale
#TheBelievers
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 50 (432 Views)
Monster Hunter
25 posts

Feb 26, 2013

PsychoticCyclone wrote:

1. Spam back.

2. Wait for an opening.

3. Use characters with a counter.

4. Use a range character and play keep away.

5. Learn combos with every character so you can fight back with anyone, but not to the point of try-hard winning so you can still have that fun experience.

I've only been playing the game for like a day now and figured out very few ways to counter some spammers, at least the bad spammers who only use like 2 moves.

1. I'm not the type of person to complain and then do it myself. I don't spam. I prefer the skillful approach where I need to get to know my character(s).
2. It's usually too hectic. When I do get an opening, half the time somoone else attacks me.
3. Cooper is one of my mains. I agree, Counters are useful. People are suckers for it.

4. I'm a Good Cole player....I prefer the thought that everyone should be able to beat everyone. You can't see ahead who you'll face.

5. That's usually what I do. But before that I'd like to master a set of characters. My mains...

Noobish-Hero wrote:
How do you not mention Drake in a spam post

I haven't run into many Drake players. But yes, I know this happens too...the barrel -_-

It's sad really.

Like I said, 95% of my games include a Kratos player... I love Kratos...but this is getting ridiculous. I also don't like him in this game because he's cheap, too easy to use, fast and builds AP waaaaay to quickly.

----------
Winners Think Funny (Clan Leader)
My YT Chan: http://www.youtube.com/user/SlyRavage
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 50 (429 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Feb 26, 2013

barker09 wrote:

Some advice: Make friends in the community here or real life, stay away from ranked matches, play offline if you can.

Most people here are passionate enough to learn a character instead of using exploits.

Kudo! Playing offline is the best way to really enjoy this game! No spammers,no Raiden,no Kratos,you choose the rule and you have fun.

firma.PNG

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 50 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 26, 2013
@Sly_08
Awkward because I honestly run into Nate more than any other character (even more than Kratos)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 50 (418 Views)
0 Likes