Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 24 2013
By: bigmacpits Sackboy 487 posts

Is it just me, or is Isaac extremely simple to use?

5 replies 212 views Edited Mar 24, 2013
I just purchased the DLC pack (Isaac, Zeus, Graveyard) and I fell in love with Isaac immediately. But I had only played two rounds with him and I already knew a bunch of his combos and attacks. He was extremely easy to learn for me, which was disappointing as I was expecting Emmett-level learning curve. Anybody else feel like this?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Re: Is it just me, or is Isaac extremely simple to use?

Mar 24, 2013

Alot of his moves seem easy to use, and he is pretty effective against certain opponents. But he can be punished pretty well if you know what to look out for. 

See more on Know Your Meme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I was coming from playing Raiden and I felt like I wanted a more technical combo. When I watched the IGN preview for Issac, it showed how the timing needed to be percise and positioning etc. I think he's kind of a easy character. He lacks the long range attacks which means he always has to be at some middle position from everyone else (not including the Up + circle). 

Plus if he get's focused like I mean 100%, maybe it's me, but he falls apart. I've seen other characters hold up on their own but not for Issac. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11023 posts

Mar 25, 2013
Simple to use, difficult to master.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I honestly had trouble getting used to him at first if only because I was't in the habbit of using his wheel often but now I find him one of the most fun characters to use.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Mar 25, 2013
I wouldnt say he's easy to use as he is quite vulnerable after some of his attacks( up circle comes to mind) and he has a bit of recovery time after landing too. He also can't double jump for jack.

However, he does hold his own surprisingly well and has a monster grab. He may as well replace Emmett
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes