Nov 27 2012
By: Snake_Nox Splicer 67 posts

Is Playstation All-Stars laggy, or not?

8 replies 164 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

There are two kinds of lag. One is the type you may find in Street Fighter. When you press a button, it may take a half second before your fighter makes the move. In games like Dark Souls and PS All-Stars there is another type of lag. When you press buttons, the character on screen does it on the spot. Though here is the catch. He doesn´t. The reason players are teleported half across the screen is because of terrible lag and to the other players, you are still on the other side of the screen.

Do you understand how I mean with this? I´ve seen players asking why you can grab a dodging opponent. He is really just grabbing you, because to him, you have not yet moved. Except to you, he has. It is confusing, I know. I´m trying my best to explain it.

So many times, it happened that Jak etc were shooting 3 shots at me, and kept shooting his 3 shots. I blocked the first string of shots and I tried to jump over him. To me, I did jump over his shots, but the game teleported me back to my original position and I got hit. Next time, Right after I blocked his third shot I directly rolled behind him. He kept shooting in the same direction, and the same thing happened.

And I reasure you that I have a perfectly valid online connection. I play SC5 and SSf4 without much lag. Barely any in fact.

Still, I think people mistake that just because their characters move when they push buttons, there is absolutely no lag.

Am I wrong about this? You must have experienced your guy teleporting or you getting hit by a ground combo while in the air, or dodging but still being hit by an attack. Tell me about your experience. Is it true as many people say, that there is no lag, or do they mistake SSF4 lag with this type of lag?

Message 1 of 9 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Is Playstation All-Stars laggy, or not?

Nov 27, 2012
I rarely ever get lag.
Message 2 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Nov 28, 2012

It lags, it disconnects, it lags in every way imaginable. Delays, teleports, crazy **bleep**.

this might be because of he vita players but im not entirely sure.

Message 3 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I only get the lost connection to host sometimes, but not very often
Message 4 of 9 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Most of the time its great, Play with some severely laggy player then its not so great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 5 of 9 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Not really, but apparently its horrible for some people.

Message 6 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Nov 28, 2012

There is lag but they do a fantastic job of hiding it until it gets really bad. Your moves always come out when you press them, they fought hard for this, I'm sure of it. The lag is different than that of say...Mortal Kombat where you have to deal with the constant delay between your buttons and the gameplay.

There will be times where both players "get the hit" on their screen, and thats where things get funky in this game. For the most part its miles better than most fighting games online. This really could have been a disaster...

Message 7 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I get any real lag (noticeable) very, very rarely.
Message 8 of 9 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 28, 2012
I see someone teleport across the screen like once every 3 games. But I really have no lag
Message 9 of 9 (112 Views)
0 Likes