Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Is PAS:BR really that good?

Oct 14, 2012

nightrunner_ks wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Lets not judge the arcade mode without actually playing it. Feel free to make comparisons between stages, characters and gameplay. I've played the hell out of the Vita and the PS3 betas so in my opinion if I had to make comparisons it would be:

Roster - SSBB wins (obviously)

Yeah totally SSBB wins even though it has a bunch of clones and some **bleep** characters that don't even make sense like SANIC DA HEGEHOG.

God, SSBB was a terrible game with a terrible roster full of stupid Nintendo characters that people only like for "nostalgia." Whatever "nostalgia's" worth ha.

Lol thank you for this.

Message 51 of 73 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
You do understand nostalgia is the main reason to have characters in ? It had all the essentials ontop of that, Smash Bros has always got the roster right, you can't argue against that. As far as clones go, that falls under 'Character play styles'.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 52 of 73 (80 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Anyway about the comparison you did, I don't agree completely but at least you didn't expressed that in an obnoxious and **bleep** way. You know like "Lol explain to me how are you this stupid to think that PSABR isn't Godh".

Message 53 of 73 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Fair enough, I think you'll really lighten up about the game once you get a chance to play it though, trust me it really is fun.
Message 54 of 73 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Fair enough, I think you'll really lighten up about the game once you get a chance to play it though, trust me it really is fun.

I'm sure it's fun, I stated that many many times.

Message 55 of 73 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I know, but the thing is, reading about and watching it is pretty f***ing dull. Before I played the beta - it was getting tiring reading people's impressions and all these hands on with the supers system and character balancing etc etc. Its completely different once you play it, keep that in mind when you start losing hope and find yourself growing tired of all the talk.
Message 56 of 73 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Really, REALLY opinable. But again you don't really understand when graphics is good or bad. You still think that a game with more poligons is better as a rule. Because you have no taste, obviously. Probably you're one of those who thinks that Transformers 3 looks better than Citizen Kane. I don't want to prove anything really, anyway, have fun.
Graphics are not based on opinion, they are based on quality. Gameplay is debatable, graphics are not. And I'm the wrong person to talk movies with. Citizen Kane is the go to movie for cinematic one-uppers.

"You're talking about the story? It's a **bleep** fighting game for Christ's sake, what do you expect, Asimov? Kurosawa? Fellini?"

Nice names. Just the right amount of obscurity. I'd have gone with Lang. Too many people know who Kurosawa is. He doesn't really fit with your whole pretentious film buff thing. not to mention his style is a far cry from the other two. His films don't fit the surrealist science fiction and mystery elements like Lang's do. And the medium doesn't affect the story. The fact that it's a fighting game doesn't matter. You are complaining about the story for All Stars and praising Subspace, but when someone points out the flaws of Subspace you claim it's the medium. You should at least stand by one opinion.
Message 57 of 73 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I know, but the thing is, reading about and watching it is pretty f***ing dull. Before I played the beta - it was getting tiring reading people's impressions and all these hands on with the supers system and character balancing etc etc. Its completely different once you play it, keep that in mind when you start losing hope and find yourself growing tired of all the talk.

But again I never talked about the gameplay, which I think it's actually better than Brawl's (Brawl's one amazing too though, even if people here like to bash it). Obviously I have to play it to be sure about that, but I don't need to play the game to talk about the stages, the roster, the cutscenes and all that.

Message 58 of 73 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
While I partially agree, keep in mind - while you can compare and judge the roster, you can't judge their play styles. Same with stages, you can judge their look and aesthetics but not the feel when actually playing them. I won't give you cutscenes though, we just haven't seen enough of it to pass an opioid or be able to judge it as a whole.
Message 59 of 73 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:

Really, REALLY opinable. But again you don't really understand when graphics is good or bad. You still think that a game with more poligons is better as a rule. Because you have no taste, obviously. Probably you're one of those who thinks that Transformers 3 looks better than Citizen Kane. I don't want to prove anything really, anyway, have fun.
Graphics are not based on opinion, they are based on quality. Gameplay is debatable, graphics are not. And I'm the wrong person to talk movies with. Citizen Kane is the go to movie for cinematic one-uppers.

"You're talking about the story? It's a **bleep** fighting game for Christ's sake, what do you expect, Asimov? Kurosawa? Fellini?"

Nice names. Just the right amount of obscurity. I'd have gone with Lang. Too many people know who Kurosawa is. He doesn't really fit with your whole pretentious film buff thing. not to mention his style is a far cry from the other two. His films don't fit the surrealist science fiction and mystery elements like Lang's do. And the medium doesn't affect the story. The fact that it's a fighting game doesn't matter. You are complaining about the story for All Stars and praising Subspace, but when someone points out the flaws of Subspace you claim it's the medium. You should at least stand by one opinion.

Thank you for demonstrating to me that I'm right and you can't see when graphics are good or bad.

Never praised Subspace Emissary, it has flaws and I said that in this very tread. It's original and kinda brave though, that's undeniable. It just made me laugh that someone actually thought that the story was bad, when the only storyline we heard about PSABR it's ridicolous. That's all. 

Message 60 of 73 (46 Views)
0 Likes