Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Is PAS:BR really that good?

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
One cutscene vs The best cutscenes of the game lol.

Well I guess the blue screen cutscenes will be the way they go about rivalries, but I guess we'll have to wait and see whether this applies to all cutscenes i.e. opening scene, boss scene, ending scene. Still, it would be unfair to judge the story from that.

I thought that it was just a work in progress, but then that image with Sackboy and Big Daddy made me realize that the cutscenes will be in that bland blue room... Brr terrible

Message 41 of 73 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Keiji_again wrote:
Cry? No. I'm just curious why you're stupid.
How come you don't touch on the biggest thing this game has that Smash Bros. doesn't? Expansion. Brawl hit it's peak at release. This game supports constant update and DLC.

Plus, if you're talking about quality. I mean actual quality. This game beats Brawl. Better graphics, animations, and online. As for the stages, if you played the game, you'd know they're great. Your attempts to "critic" ( it's critique by the way ) are based on vids and years of playing Super Smash Bros. So, they have no value whatsoever. You haven't played the game, at all. Your worthless opinions, based on nothing, are not new or insightful. They're colored heavily by bias and inexperience. I guess my question is, why do you have such a strong opinion of something you know nothing about?
Lol I can ask you the same question. Sorry for my spelling error, english isn't my first language.

And whao a 2012 game on PS3 has better graphics than a 2008 game on Wii? That's AMAZING dude, great success!!! And we could argue about that too but clearly you couldn't possibly understand my point, so well, it was nice talking with you.

Um...what is your point? That a Wii game released 4 years ago is designed better than this game? Except in the realm of graphics, animation, or online. Then, age comes in to play. So, Super Smash Bros, a game we know everything about is better than this game. And the ways that this game is better don't count because Brawl is older and on a less powerful system. You're ridiculous. If these games aren't in the same arena than why are YOU ( you remember you were the one comparing them because you haven't played this game and know very little about it ) comparing them in the first place? It seems you're all over the place with this. Make up your mind. Is Brawl better than this game you haven't played, or is it not?
Message 42 of 73 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
Keiji_again wrote:
Cry? No. I'm just curious why you're stupid.
How come you don't touch on the biggest thing this game has that Smash Bros. doesn't? Expansion. Brawl hit it's peak at release. This game supports constant update and DLC.

Plus, if you're talking about quality. I mean actual quality. This game beats Brawl. Better graphics, animations, and online. As for the stages, if you played the game, you'd know they're great. Your attempts to "critic" ( it's critique by the way ) are based on vids and years of playing Super Smash Bros. So, they have no value whatsoever. You haven't played the game, at all. Your worthless opinions, based on nothing, are not new or insightful. They're colored heavily by bias and inexperience. I guess my question is, why do you have such a strong opinion of something you know nothing about?
Lol I can ask you the same question. Sorry for my spelling error, english isn't my first language.

And whao a 2012 game on PS3 has better graphics than a 2008 game on Wii? That's AMAZING dude, great success!!! And we could argue about that too but clearly you couldn't possibly understand my point, so well, it was nice talking with you.

Um...what is your point? That a Wii game released 4 years ago is designed better than this game? Except in the realm of graphics, animation, or online. Then, age comes in to play. So, Super Smash Bros, a game we know everything about is better than this game. And the ways that this game is better don't count because Brawl is older and on a less powerful system. You're ridiculous. If these games aren't in the same arena than why are YOU ( you remember you were the one comparing them because you haven't played this game and know very little about it ) comparing them in the first place? It seems you're all over the place with this. Make up your mind. Is Brawl better than this game you haven't played, or is it not?

Lol when did I say Brawl is better? I only said I highgly doubt PSABR will be better, because, from what we've been shown, it isn't. Again, I can say the same thing about you, how do you know a game you don't know nothing about is better than another one? 

Message 43 of 73 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Lets not judge the arcade mode without actually playing it. Feel free to make comparisons between stages, characters and gameplay. I've played the hell out of the Vita and the PS3 betas so in my opinion if I had to make comparisons it would be:

Roster - SSBB wins (obviously)
Character play styles - PSABR wins (they all play extremely differently)
Graphics - PSABR wins (obviously)
Balancing - Draw (never had a problem in either games)
Stages - Draw (it's a quality in quantity, quantity in quality case here)
Gameplay - PSABR wins (it's really deep and tactics based which is a refreshing twist on the SSBB formula, you have to play it to understand)
Sound - SSBB wins (attack souds feel really unsatisfying, apparently being fixed in the final build, will wait and see)

Overall though, it's ridiculous to compare the two to point out the flaws in each, there quality games, lets just thank the stars we as gamers get to play them.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 44 of 73 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Keiji_again wrote:
I am because everybody else is too soft... In the official forums of Smash Bros. I'm harsh with it too. And anyway I always stated that my thoughts come from what they decided to release.

If they decide to release a bad cutscene to demonstrate how rivalries work, it's obvious that my thoughts about the whole rivalry thing can't be good.

I know that everyone who criticizes any aspect of this game will be tagged as a fanboy. It's an official forum, I didn't expect any other reaction really. But I'm going to buy this **bleep** game, why the hell should I want this to suck?

HAHAHAHAHA! What? What made the cutscene bad, exactly? And maybe you missed the " WORK IN PROGRESS " disclaimer at the beginning. So you are basing your entire opinion of the rivalry system on an unfinished video, that was less than a minute, released 3 months ago? You really don't know anything, do you?
Well show me how are they now please

I don't have to. Watch those videos again. That Super Smash Bros. video was an FMV. It's fully CG. The Toro video on the other hand is using the gameplay models, and still looks better. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.
Message 45 of 73 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:
Keiji_again wrote:
I am because everybody else is too soft... In the official forums of Smash Bros. I'm harsh with it too. And anyway I always stated that my thoughts come from what they decided to release.

If they decide to release a bad cutscene to demonstrate how rivalries work, it's obvious that my thoughts about the whole rivalry thing can't be good.

I know that everyone who criticizes any aspect of this game will be tagged as a fanboy. It's an official forum, I didn't expect any other reaction really. But I'm going to buy this **bleep** game, why the hell should I want this to suck?

HAHAHAHAHA! What? What made the cutscene bad, exactly? And maybe you missed the " WORK IN PROGRESS " disclaimer at the beginning. So you are basing your entire opinion of the rivalry system on an unfinished video, that was less than a minute, released 3 months ago? You really don't know anything, do you?
Well show me how are they now please

I don't have to. Watch those videos again. That Super Smash Bros. video was an FMV. It's fully CG. The Toro video on the other hand is using the gameplay models, and still looks better. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

Really, REALLY opinable. But again you don't really understand when graphics is good or bad. You still think that a game with more poligons is better as a rule. Because you have no taste, obviously. Probably you're one of those who thinks that Transformers 3 looks better than Citizen Kane. I don't want to prove anything really, anyway, have fun.

Message 46 of 73 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Lol when did I say Brawl is better? I only said I highgly doubt PSABR will be better, because, from what we've been shown, it isn't. Again, I can say the same thing about you, how do you know a game you don't know nothing about is better than another one?

Here
The gameplay for now, anyway, is the only thing in which Battle Royale has shown to be potentially better. About the rest, for what we saw (roster, stages, story mode...) it's far from the quality and quantity of Brawl. Obviously we haven't seen the whole product so who knows, but I hardly believe it will offer more on those categories.

and here
For the Subspace Emissary, yeah the cutscenes were awesome. Sure they were better than that piece of **bleep** with Heiachi and Toro

and here
Horrible stages? Yeah sure, any "horrible stage" in Brawl it's far better than a straight platform and some dude in the back of the screen

and I've played it.
Message 47 of 73 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:

Here
The gameplay for now, anyway, is the only thing in which Battle Royale has shown to be potentially better. About the rest, for what we saw (roster, stages, story mode...) it's far from the quality and quantity of Brawl. Obviously we haven't seen the whole product so who knows, but I hardly believe it will offer more on those categories.

and here
For the Subspace Emissary, yeah the cutscenes were awesome. Sure they were better than that piece of **bleep** with Heiachi and Toro

and here
Horrible stages? Yeah sure, any "horrible stage" in Brawl it's far better than a straight platform and some dude in the back of the screen

and I've played it.

Umh, that's what I'm saying dude... "We haven't seen the whole product so who knows" what do you think that means?

You played it? Awesome dude! I thought the game was coming out in November

Message 48 of 73 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 14, 2012
My honest comparison between the beta and SSBB has been overlooked.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 49 of 73 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 14, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Lets not judge the arcade mode without actually playing it. Feel free to make comparisons between stages, characters and gameplay. I've played the hell out of the Vita and the PS3 betas so in my opinion if I had to make comparisons it would be:

Roster - SSBB wins (obviously)

Yeah totally SSBB wins even though it has a bunch of clones and some **bleep** characters that don't even make sense like SANIC DA HEGEHOG.

God, SSBB was a terrible game with a terrible roster full of stupid Nintendo characters that people only like for "nostalgia." Whatever "nostalgia's" worth ha.

Message 50 of 73 (48 Views)