Oct 08 2012
By: Chrono-Cactaur Hekseville Citizen 325 posts

Is Nathan Drake Really A PlayStation All-Star?

59 replies 685 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

I want serious answers with logical reasoning.

No "Drake is an all-star cuz he kool lul" or "Well Uncharted was developed by Naughty Dog, so it's instantly awesome"

Comments/opinions like those are biased, and thus will not be taken seriously. One could argue that my opinion is biased, but at least I have logical reasoning to back it up.

And no, just because the games sell, doesn't mean that the character is an All-Star. Sales are but one factor, here.

(Besides, if sales dictated character's all-star status... we'd have a much bigger roster)

Message 1 of 60 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
357 posts

Re: Is Nathan Drake Really A PlayStation All-Star?

Oct 8, 2012

Are you really this stupid?

Message 2 of 60 (681 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 8, 2012

its a really big series for sony. so yes.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 3 of 60 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7970 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Sales aside, the Uncharted series is one of the best franchises of this console generation. It's a PS3 exclusive, and it's near impossible to find a better third person shooter/ action adventure game out there right now. Yeah, Drake doesn't have the longevity of several other characters on the roster, but he's certainly a PS All- Star simply for the dominance the series has shown this gen (and with no real sign of slowing down).

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 4 of 60 (654 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
521 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

No "Drake is an all-star cuz he kool lul" or "Well Uncharted was developed by Naughty Dog, so it's instantly awesome"

Comments/opinions like those are biased, and thus will not be taken seriously. One could argue that my opinion is biased, but at least I have logical reasoning to back it up.

And no, just because the games sell, doesn't mean that the character is an All-Star. Sales are but one factor, here.

(Besides, if sales dictated character's all-star status... we'd have a much bigger roster)

So where is your logic?

He has become a video game icon and is one of the best-sellers of this console generation. He is a great character with games that are lauded as some of the best games this generation, and even some of the best games of all time.

He has a huge following and is one of the faces of Playstation now.

Yes, he is an All-Star.

Message 5 of 60 (653 Views)
Fender Bender
2431 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Yes.

Discussion over.

Message 6 of 60 (633 Views)
Fender Bender
2905 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Uh yes, Uncharted 2 is the best game this gen.

Message 7 of 60 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Oct 8, 2012
All three uncharted games are some of the best reviewed on the ps3. Uncharted 2 and 3 were picked by ign as numbers 1 and 2 on igns top 25 ps3 games. Nate got voted as igns presidential candidate. Try again Chrono you pretentious tool.
Message 8 of 60 (617 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Uncharted is one of the biggest series this generation by reviews, if your are looking for a numerical value. the three games recieved an 88, 96, and a 92 metacritic. so that averages at a 92.

for reference, Gears of war recieved a 94,93,91 which averages at a 92.6, and I know everyone will say Gears of War was Microsofts biggest game of this generation (Even bigger than Halo to most).

While you can argue numbers, it is easiest to respond to your post with no argument.

Message 9 of 60 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Illuvial wrote:

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

So where is your logic?

He has become a video game icon and is one of the best-sellers of this console generation. He is a great character with games that are lauded as some of the best games this generation, and even some of the best games of all time.

He has a huge following and is one of the faces of Playstation now.

Yes, he is an All-Star.

^ Exactly...

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 10 of 60 (579 Views)
0 Likes