Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
1173 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

JLP_M wrote:
I recently saw some gameplay with him and he doesn't look that bad with AP to be honest.

You'll mostly have to rely on his Melee & Side Gun for great AP. But there was a user who wrote on his other moves on what AP it gets, so you don't rely on those.

And his Level 1/2 Supers are about planning. There is a kill combo (only one so far) for Jak though from a thread.

Down + Circle > Level 1 Super, wall only. He's decent but of course can be better by ones who knows how to play as him.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 71 of 88 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7048 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

JLP_M wrote:
I recently saw some gameplay with him and he doesn't look that bad with AP to be honest.

You'll mostly have to rely on his Melee & Side Gun for great AP. But there was a user who wrote on his other moves on what AP it gets, so you don't rely on those.

And his Level 1/2 Supers are about planning. There is a kill combo (only one so far) for Jak though from a thread.

Down + Circle > Level 1 Super, wall only. He's decent but of course can be better by ones who knows how to play as him.


False judgement. You dont use Jak so you cant talk!

 

Ive compared his AP gain with some of his moves and there terrible. Theres a reason why most Jak players spam the Blaster -_-.

 

Once again yes Level1/2 are all about planning but your limited in a time match. That wall combo situation for special. Yes its not like you can get somebody to a wall all the time -_-

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 72 of 88 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/21/2010
Offline
1173 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Wesley37 wrote:

JLP_M wrote:
I recently saw some gameplay with him and he doesn't look that bad with AP to be honest.

You'll mostly have to rely on his Melee & Side Gun for great AP. But there was a user who wrote on his other moves on what AP it gets, so you don't rely on those.

And his Level 1/2 Supers are about planning. There is a kill combo (only one so far) for Jak though from a thread.

Down + Circle > Level 1 Super, wall only. He's decent but of course can be better by ones who knows how to play as him.


False judgement. You dont use Jak so you cant talk!

 

Ive compared his AP gain with some of his moves and there terrible. Theres a reason why most Jak players spam the Blaster -_-.

 

Once again yes Level1/2 are all about planning but your limited in a time match. That wall combo situation for special. Yes its not like you can get somebody to a wall all the time -_-


False judgement? Actually, how would you know if I didn't use Jak? Where's the proof? This is just like the old days.....

By that, I mean you don't bring up valid points. Go check my Trophies, that's all it needs to be said.

 

Also, I know that Jak Players would rely on "Blaster" because of the AP gain is better than his other moves.

Also.... once again what? I was posting to the Thread, not you.

 

Why negative on a wall combo? I thought you would try to prove me with his other kill combos, if there is any at all.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 73 of 88 (110 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7048 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Wesley37 wrote:

JLP_M wrote:
I recently saw some gameplay with him and he doesn't look that bad with AP to be honest.

You'll mostly have to rely on his Melee & Side Gun for great AP. But there was a user who wrote on his other moves on what AP it gets, so you don't rely on those.

And his Level 1/2 Supers are about planning. There is a kill combo (only one so far) for Jak though from a thread.

Down + Circle > Level 1 Super, wall only. He's decent but of course can be better by ones who knows how to play as him.


False judgement. You dont use Jak so you cant talk!

 

Ive compared his AP gain with some of his moves and there terrible. Theres a reason why most Jak players spam the Blaster -_-.

 

Once again yes Level1/2 are all about planning but your limited in a time match. That wall combo situation for special. Yes its not like you can get somebody to a wall all the time -_-


False judgement? Actually, how would you know if I didn't use Jak? Where's the proof? This is just like the old days.....

By that, I mean you don't bring up valid points. Go check my Trophies, that's all it needs to be said.

 

Also, I know that Jak Players would rely on "Blaster" because of the AP gain is better than his other moves.

Also.... once again what? I was posting to the Thread, not you.

 

Why negative on a wall combo? I thought you would try to prove me with his other kill combos, if there is any at all.


Listen guy. Did I insult you? no, so leave that past nonsense out of this. You apparently love bringing up the past which is sad. Your rudeness is the cause of the way I act. You are worst then me actually. Because your tone is never correct.

 

Proof? really? Its common sense. You already stated your mains in some threads...-_- theres my proof. My points are fine while yours are stupid. Let me give you an example.

 

You said check my trophies... last time I checked playing through a characters story doesn't mean you main them or play as them often, so that was really stupid to say. 

 

Also once again. There is a reply button for all users isnt there? And you say im the dumb one? lol wow.

 

 

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 74 of 88 (104 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/19/2012
Offline
1785 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012
@BlueDiamond93: Ah alright I get you now, I'll see how future ranked matches go for me then using Jak because the way you describe your first few matches is how it's going for me as well.
Message 75 of 88 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7048 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
@BlueDiamond93: Ah alright I get you now, I'll see how future ranked matches go for me then using Jak because the way you describe your first few matches is how it's going for me as well.

Ok thanks for understanding Smiley Happy

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 76 of 88 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 28, 2012
So from someone who has played in the higher belts do u think he needs a buff? If so where does he need buffs?
Also, if ur in the higher belts can u inform me in what order belts go? im nearing the edge of green and I cant tell apart the ribbons belts and medals... >.<
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 77 of 88 (82 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7048 posts
 

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 28, 2012

Teh_Shade667 wrote:
So from someone who has played in the higher belts do u think he needs a buff? If so where does he need buffs?
Also, if ur in the higher belts can u inform me in what order belts go? im nearing the edge of green and I cant tell apart the ribbons belts and medals... >.<

He needs a buff in almost every field. Needle Lazer, Gyro Burster, Beam Reflexor, Peace Maker,  Arc Wielder, and the Mass Inverter. Now also his combo system from his games need to be brong onto this game. 2hit combos are not acceptable especially when Ratchet has a 3hit combo. Jak in his game series was known for doing 3 to 4hit combos. All his specials need a buff as well.

 

Level 1 is good to a point but it still needs a buff. Level 2 needs a buff. Level 3 also needs a buff. To go into detail about all supers. His level 1 needs a slight height extend same goes with horizontal wise. Level 2 needs more range because its start up is slow an way way to easy to dodge. Level 3 needs a longer duration. Its clearly not long enough especially when it comes down to larger maps.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 78 of 88 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/21/2012
Offline
114 posts
 

Tips?

Nov 28, 2012

Do you have any tips for fellow Jak players? Im always up to learn some new tricks and such

Photobucket
Message 79 of 88 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Offline
7048 posts
 

Re: Tips?

Nov 28, 2012

SatoHigurashi wrote:

Do you have any tips for fellow Jak players? Im always up to learn some new tricks and such


Honestly not text wise. People will have to fight me to see my tips. I cant explain it through words, only combat.

 photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 80 of 88 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes