Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012
Yeah I'll be honest I don't play ranked matches because I'm more comfertable with stock matches in the quick match section, I was spoiled by Smash Bros. I won't lie but strategy would still work really well for you in ranked matches if you plan out a strategy, that's how I'd go about it, for me when it comes to fighting games or anything of the nature it's always mind before action and I'm often successful as a result, I'll do a few ranked matches as Jak and see what results I get then I'll come back to this thread and give my impressions.
Message 51 of 88 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 27, 2012

BlueDiamond what do you mean if we know who you are?

Anyways, I don't know who to beleive! Half of the people are saying he is a great character and others not so much! Aaaah! I hope I can get my hands on this game atleast for a week or two before finals!

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 52 of 88 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
Yeah I'll be honest I don't play ranked matches because I'm more comfertable with stock matches in the quick match section, I was spoiled by Smash Bros. I won't lie but strategy would still work really well for you in ranked matches if you plan out a strategy, that's how I'd go about it, for me when it comes to fighting games or anything of the nature it's always mind before action and I'm often successful as a result, I'll do a few ranked matches as Jak and see what results I get then I'll come back to this thread and give my impressions.

Nah man. You have to play at least 50 games. You need to see how Sacboy camps and with your limited time you are at your greatest disadvantage. Jak is a patient fighter, so time is important to Jak. ou had not been through what weve been through. You must play at least 40-50 games to understand my points.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 53 of 88 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

JLP_M wrote:

BlueDiamond what do you mean if we know who you are?

Anyways, I don't know who to beleive! Half of the people are saying he is a great character and others not so much! Aaaah! I hope I can get my hands on this game atleast for a week or two before finals!

Most of the people saying Jak is fine are the people who play with him in casual matches and not ranked online. They haven't experienced the pressure of spammers, time and mistakes. 

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 54 of 88 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Im having little trouble with him, ranked or quick matches. rank 500 with him so far. his supers are very hard to use at least lvl 1 and 2, ive never killed more than 1 with his lvl 2, not enough range on it. it has a little more than raidens lvl 1. but ive scored many triple kills with his lvl 1. mass inverter needs a buff, it takes too long to activate and then doesnt even last a second.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 55 of 88 (125 Views)
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Nov 27, 2012

The timer is more of your enemy than anything else.... cuz you can be happy with all the time in the world of stock when it turns to 1v1. In ranked however.... that 3 min timer is waaaay too short for you.... Im slowly getting how he works and im not side triangle spamming anymore. im realizing the use of all his attacks and using them to his fullest extent. he definitely has a lot of utility going for him. Im getting better at his lvl 1 and landing it on people through prediction. He does take a fair amount of time to get used to so i wouldnt get frustrated with him at first and throw him in the "garbage character" tier like a lot of people do but he does need a buff in some areas. Anyone who says he doesnt is kinda being blind

Photobucket
Message 56 of 88 (121 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Nov 27, 2012
took me a few days to realise i could hold is forward triangle and dont have to spam it >.<
His down triangle needs some range, his gyro burster is almost worthless (in my experience, if u can tell me how it can be useful please do so) and needle laser could do with a range increase, as u may as well just punch them...
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 57 of 88 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Eh I'll just spend the rest of the week on ranked fights, I've been meaning to get to those anyway, and see what all the Sackboy rucous is about.

Message 58 of 88 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Nov 27, 2012

its only a handful if you let him get that way. I wish some few in FFA would understand that. I wish you luck on your trial lol

Photobucket
Message 59 of 88 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I honestly pull it out when i feel they'll be grounded and then use my blaster or the Wave Concussor. other than that im not one to spam it or use it every waking moment cuz it has its short delay of setting it up
Photobucket
Message 60 of 88 (110 Views)
0 Likes