Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5651 posts

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

imo jaks triangle and circle attacks are more dominate than his melee attacks

JayJay 2515 signature
Message 41 of 88 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

I am really good with his level 1. its not hard to land when you get used to it. it has one of the fastest start up times for a level 1. 

I can show you in a 1v1 if you want

Dude calm down lol. His level 1 is hard to land overall. It dont matter how skilled you are .His level 1 is hard to land regardless. If you have to rely on other people to set someone up or corners to get kills with it then it is hard for you to use it. Don't count handicaps like those because those are unfair.

I do the same exact thing in 1v1s as well. his level 1 has a fast start up and a big hitbox. it is very easy to punish people with it if you use it right. I never use my level 2, and rarely use my level 3. and I do very good with jak

It does not have a fast start up and does not have a huge hitbox at all. I use it all the time. It can take out multiple people if close enough but it still doesnt have a huge hitbox.

compared to other supers in general no, but compared to other level 1s is definitely does. it is not that hard to punish your opponet with jaks level 1. there is only a slight delay, if your opponent is coming out of a roll you can get them with it, if they are in the air you can get them. if they are stuck in a combo you can get them. if they just attempted a grab you can get them. if you just avoided there super you can get them. these are all common situations where I get someone with the level 1 super. 

Message 42 of 88 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
@Mizukage-JP: That is true but his level 1 is actually a lot more useful than you may think, that thing won me quite a few matches, granted I don't use it as much as his level 2 and 3 for better effects of course, I'd like to think of it as Kratos' level 2 just not as wide and doesn't go nearly as high.

Hmmm, I haven't really seen it being of much use. Yeah it is like Kratos' level 2 but the fact its not as wide really makes Jak a harder character to use. I don't know how you use it so effectively but I find the hitbox too small, it makes it a big risk to use his level 1 in fear of wasting an AP bar and his level 2 isn't much better either, so then there's no point even saving for that lol.

Message 43 of 88 (190 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Nov 27, 2012
He's my worst character. I guess that's just me though.
Message 44 of 88 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Mizukage-JP wrote:

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
@Mizukage-JP: That is true but his level 1 is actually a lot more useful than you may think, that thing won me quite a few matches, granted I don't use it as much as his level 2 and 3 for better effects of course, I'd like to think of it as Kratos' level 2 just not as wide and doesn't go nearly as high.

Hmmm, I haven't really seen it being of much use. Yeah it is like Kratos' level 2 but the fact its not as wide really makes Jak a harder character to use. I don't know how you use it so effectively but I find the hitbox too small, it makes it a big risk to use his level 1 in fear of wasting an AP bar and his level 2 isn't much better either, so then there's no point even saving for that lol.

jak isnt an easy pick up and play character. you need to get used to him. once you get the timing of his level 1 down it is really good. a friend of mine used to think that jaks level 1 wasnt that great either. now its all he uses

Message 45 of 88 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

I am really good with his level 1. its not hard to land when you get used to it. it has one of the fastest start up times for a level 1. 

I can show you in a 1v1 if you want

Dude calm down lol. His level 1 is hard to land overall. It dont matter how skilled you are .His level 1 is hard to land regardless. If you have to rely on other people to set someone up or corners to get kills with it then it is hard for you to use it. Don't count handicaps like those because those are unfair.

I do the same exact thing in 1v1s as well. his level 1 has a fast start up and a big hitbox. it is very easy to punish people with it if you use it right. I never use my level 2, and rarely use my level 3. and I do very good with jak

It does not have a fast start up and does not have a huge hitbox at all. I use it all the time. It can take out multiple people if close enough but it still doesnt have a huge hitbox.

compared to other supers in general no, but compared to other level 1s is definitely does. it is not that hard to punish your opponet with jaks level 1. there is only a slight delay, if your opponent is coming out of a roll you can get them with it, if they are in the air you can get them. if they are stuck in a combo you can get them. if they just attempted a grab you can get them. if you just avoided there super you can get them. these are all common situations where I get someone with the level 1 super. 

Its not that simple all the time. Rolling the other way can be misjudgement. Its 50/50 on that rolling situation. jaks level 1 is all chanve. Its a bet.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 46 of 88 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

you wait until they roll, and you can actually tell where they are going. most of the time I get them in the middle of an attack though. I take advantage of his mobility to avoid an attack and jump up an dover them and activate the super. works really well against the combo characters. 

I have about a 70% hit rate with it in 1v1. much higher in the other modes

Message 47 of 88 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

you wait until they roll, and you can actually tell where they are going. most of the time I get them in the middle of an attack though. I take advantage of his mobility to avoid an attack and jump up an dover them and activate the super. works really well against the combo characters. 

I have about a 70% hit rate with it in 1v1. much higher in the other modes

Yeah Im talking abour ranked matches where time is in the way not friends matches.

Thats right what you said about slow characters but what about fast other mobile characters to? or characters who constantly run and jump around to a point where Jaks level 1 and 2 are completely 100% useless?

btw do you know who I am?

Only time will tell.
Message 48 of 88 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 27, 2012
@BlueDiamond93: It's possible against faster characters you just have to bait them into leaving themselves vulnerable, I remember one match in particular it was a stock match, the match was left to me as Jak and an Evil Cole player, Evil Cole's flaming dash attack is important to his mobility and he can use it as an attack, most Evil Cole players like to use it a lot so towards the end of the match I had my level 2 and because Evil Cole was using the flaming dash so often I thought I'd bait him into doing it, the times he'd do it were when he expected me to do Jak's dash punch attack so I activated my level 2 in front of him expecting him to use the dash attack and sure enough he activated it right before but the massive hitbox caught him
Message 49 of 88 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6994 posts

Nov 27, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
@BlueDiamond93: It's possible against faster characters you just have to bait them into leaving themselves vulnerable, I remember one match in particular it was a stock match, the match was left to me as Jak and an Evil Cole player, Evil Cole's flaming dash attack is important to his mobility and he can use it as an attack, most Evil Cole players like to use it a lot so towards the end of the match I had my level 2 and because Evil Cole was using the flaming dash so often I thought I'd bait him into doing it, the times he'd do it were when he expected me to do Jak's dash punch attack so I activated my level 2 in front of him expecting him to use the dash attack and sure enough he activated it right before but the massive hitbox caught him

I knew it -_-. You guys are referring to friends and unranked matches. Your not put to the test where time is the factor and that every minute is important. No wonder why some other people have different opinions, sighs.......

You people need to be playing ranked matches then lets see just how good you are with Jak and see if he is not underpowered. I kick @ss as Jak in friend and unranked matches, but ranked matches is a whole another story sometimes.

Only time will tell.
Message 50 of 88 (137 Views)