Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
426 posts

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

I personally think that any character has the potential to be excelent in the right hands. To me, Jak and Daxter is just much more difficult to use than, say... Kratos or Dante. Though, if in the right hands, I'm sure Jak can become a great character.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 88 (192 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

I am really good with his level 1. its not hard to land when you get used to it. it has one of the fastest start up times for a level 1. 

I can show you in a 1v1 if you want

Dude calm down lol. His level 1 is hard to land overall. It dont matter how skilled you are .His level 1 is hard to land regardless. If you have to rely on other people to set someone up or corners to get kills with it then it is hard for you to use it. Don't count handicaps like those because those are unfair.

I do the same exact thing in 1v1s as well. his level 1 has a fast start up and a big hitbox. it is very easy to punish people with it if you use it right. I never use my level 2, and rarely use my level 3. and I do very good with jak

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 88 (185 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Amen. I always use his level one as soon as I can to get ahead. Then, it's just a game of cat and mouse.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 88 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Jak is one of my mains so I don't thjink he's underpowered at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 88 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Weekend All-Star
6864 posts

Nov 27, 2012

nobody7X7 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

nobody7X7 wrote:

I am really good with his level 1. its not hard to land when you get used to it. it has one of the fastest start up times for a level 1. 

I can show you in a 1v1 if you want

Dude calm down lol. His level 1 is hard to land overall. It dont matter how skilled you are .His level 1 is hard to land regardless. If you have to rely on other people to set someone up or corners to get kills with it then it is hard for you to use it. Don't count handicaps like those because those are unfair.

I do the same exact thing in 1v1s as well. his level 1 has a fast start up and a big hitbox. it is very easy to punish people with it if you use it right. I never use my level 2, and rarely use my level 3. and I do very good with jak

It does not have a fast start up and does not have a huge hitbox at all. I use it all the time. It can take out multiple people if close enough but it still doesnt have a huge hitbox.

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 88 (175 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Jak's level 1 definitely doesn't have a huge hitbox. Also to those who are saying things like "Jak is not underpowered,1 vs. 1 me ill beat anybody with Jak", I hope your place in the leaderboard reflects your confidence.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 88 (166 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Leaderboards don't always portray actual skill.

I never go on Ranked and I'm pretty sure I could wipe the floor with a lot of people.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 88 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 27, 2012
His ap gain needs to go up and to me he feels slow when he should be one of the fastest in the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 88 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 27, 2012
@Mizukage-JP: That is true but his level 1 is actually a lot more useful than you may think, that thing won me quite a few matches, granted I don't use it as much as his level 2 and 3 for better effects of course, I'd like to think of it as Kratos' level 2 just not as wide and doesn't go nearly as high.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 88 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Nov 27, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Leaderboards don't always portray actual skill.

I never go on Ranked and I'm pretty sure I could wipe the floor with a lot of people.

Thats true. Fair enough, but playing a person in a 1 vs. 1 match won't prove that a character isn't underpowered so I don't know why so many people always say that on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 88 (151 Views)
0 Likes