Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: JLP_M Gaming Beast 2260 posts

Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

87 replies 812 views Edited Nov 27, 2012
So I'm picking up the game tomorrow morning finally, I've seen folks on here say Jak is underpowered and a few saying you need to know how to use him.

I recently saw some gameplay with him and he doesn't look that bad with AP to be honest.

Topic though, what are your thoughts on Jak?
ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 88 (812 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Re: Is Jak really that underpowered? (Your opinion please)

Nov 27, 2012

I regularly 2v2 with someone who uses Jak. We've lost once. It simply comes down to who's learned to play as him and who hasn't.

Message 2 of 88 (807 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Id say for a free for all match,he might not have the BEST advantage but 2v2.....he's a monster PLUS him with the killer bee's make a good combination 

Sly: Not a problem because ya know...
Bently: Don't say it!
Sly: That's how I roll!

Message 3 of 88 (797 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 27, 2012

In terms of a 4 player match he's actually by far one of the best. Most people think he's bad due to his poor melee capabilities.

Message 4 of 88 (788 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I can kill anyone 1vs1. I feel confident enough.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 5 of 88 (775 Views)
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Nov 27, 2012
i think only his circle button moves are underpowered
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 6 of 88 (770 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Jak runs circles around the team, so long as you're not one of those idiots who spams over triangle to get his AP. He is all about placement and someone who you actually need to set time aside to learn. Very effective character if you're utilizing the direction of his squares and stunning with his circles. A lot of people get confused on how to simply combo with him. Just got to practice like any other character.

Message 7 of 88 (766 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Nov 27, 2012

It really is how creative you are with Jak. (I sound stupid i know, but listen) His level one is **bleep**, at least from my opinion (im a huge jak fan). Against fast people like Sly Cooper or Raiden, it will fail. But his level two and three are decent. You have to think about your situation. That's why you do the character tuitionals: you can know the moves and how they work. Honestly, it's the type of fighter you are, as Jak is an all-around fighter. My favorites are Jak and Daxter, Raiden, Good Cole, and Big Daddy, but you have to be creative and know how to use them, especially Sly Cooper.

Sorry if it's too long.

Message 8 of 88 (758 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1923 posts

Nov 27, 2012
jaks level 3 sucks **bleep** period..
Message 9 of 88 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Really appreciate the replies guys, didn't know Jak was a great character when it comes to 2 V 2. I want to try to make him one of the main characters. But as frogmanlego  said, I'm a little worried about his Supers.

dPrototype wrote:

It really is how creative you are with Jak. (I sound stupid i know, but listen) His level one is **bleep**, at least from my opinion (im a huge jak fan). Against fast people like Sly Cooper or Raiden, it will fail. But his level two and three are decent. You have to think about your situation. That's why you do the character tuitionals: you can know the moves and how they work. Honestly, it's the type of fighter you are, as Jak is an all-around fighter. My favorites are Jak and Daxter, Raiden, Good Cole, and Big Daddy, but you have to be creative and know how to use them, especially Sly Cooper.

Sorry if it's too long.

Not long man, just the type of info I wanted. Thanks!

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 88 (740 Views)