Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Is Grabbing too Easy? What's your opinion?(NOT a complaint thread)

Dec 13, 2012
I think it's too easy.
Message 11 of 16 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 13, 2012
You cannot grab someone while they are being comboed. However, you can if they are in a neutral grounded state, or blocking.

I think it's a really good idea that grabbing is a counter to dodge-rolling, because it forces the player to learn more defensive maneuvers than just holding down the block button and wiggling the stick.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 12 of 16 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Dec 13, 2012
The fact of grabbing being easy to do is not a problem to me. The only problem I have with grabbing is that you have absolutely no way to break out of it. We all deserve a chance to fight to keep our hard-worked AP from getting beaten out of us. They need to add a command where you have the opportunity to break out of a grab. If they did that, I'll be satisfied.
Message 13 of 16 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 13, 2012

Ndukauba wrote:
The fact of grabbing being easy to do is not a problem to me. The only problem I have with grabbing is that you have absolutely no way to break out of it. We all deserve a chance to fight to keep our hard-worked AP from getting beaten out of us. They need to add a command where you have the opportunity to break out of a grab. If they did that, I'll be satisfied.

If you grab in the same direction at the same time as your opponent, you will "tech" and return both characters to a neutral state, though this will not save you if you are already stuck in an attack animation.  Otherwise, you always have your own movement ability to avoid getting grabbed in the first place.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 14 of 16 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 13, 2012

The only thing that's too easy about it is grabbing during dodges, especially since regular grabs tend to whiff when only 1/4 inch away as your hand passes right through them like a specter. I could see it working at the end of a roll , but not during the whole animation. I'd think  Rolling behind someone who's grabbing forward really shouldn't end with the roller reappearing in the missed grab. You can twist slightly to avoid an explosion that covers a whole platform, but that stubby arm two feet above your head and behind you? Getcha every time. Also some aren't as interruptable as others- I know with Radec it seems I'm almost impervious to basic attacks. Almost. 

I don't believe any grabs cause infinites if you mash jump. You'll get swatted out of the air, but at least you'll be up. Although since you only have about 1 frame to act, grabs online can screw you over.

Message 15 of 16 (96 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 13, 2012
You can't grab while being hit, if that happens it's due to lag.

You can also avoid grabs easily by keeping your distance, going for a grab at the same time to tech it or just jump since you can't be thrown in the air.

Besides grabs have very short range so they're only really used for when fighting players that just block or try to roll all day.
Message 16 of 16 (85 Views)