PlayStation MVP
6372 posts

Re: Is 1v1 really that broken?

Jan 17, 2013

Their are bad matchups, but not a single one is impossible, not Radec and Sly, not Sackboy against Toro, not a single one. This game is more balanced than people make it out to be.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 50 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

@Aylas_Hero :smileyhappy:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????!!!! A GANON BEAT A META KNIGHT???!!!! I played SSBBrawl a lot! And I still do with my friends who btw were tournament players, and let me tell you that no, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER would a Ganon beat a M. Knight. When a any of my friends use M. Knight we all go against him no matter who it is, and hey in a 3 stock battle he leaves some of us with one life and some with 2, but never do we beat him perfectly and kick his **bleep**. And besides go to the home pages were SSBB tournaments are made and check the rules....

META KNIGHT IS BANNED EVERYWHERE!

Please look for another example cuz that was the most horrible one, and btw I never said that UMVC3 is a perfectly balanced game but comparing it to others its much more fair and better, nobody in the community complains about another character for nerfing, to this point everyone is okay with the game and it is NEVER boring, the only thing people want is an update to shake things up a bit cuz the game has its time and is being kinda forgotten by Capcom when UMVC3 is the most watched and attended game in EVO. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 50 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Hate to burst your bubble but uh the BBR (Brawl Back Room)  people (The ones who made the Unity Ruleset which banned MK)

disbanded and since they disbanded MK has been legal for a while now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 50 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 17, 2013

StarGalaxy37 wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble but uh the BBR (Brawl Back Room)  people (The ones who made the Unity Ruleset which banned MK)

disbanded and since they disbanded MK has been legal for a while now. 

Really? Weird.. Whatever I only play Brawl for fun, my friends are the ones that take it seriously... But news to them gotta tell them or they already knew... :/

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 50 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Um yeah. A Ganon can beat MK. Ganon even has tech. Seriously, Ganon has won tournaments in Japan even.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 50 (123 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

@Aylas_Hero :smileyhappy:

Ummm did you check if MK was banned when Ganon won that tournament? I just checked the web and it says it depends on the region for the banning of MK, (Very little regions that allow him) there was also a poll for his banishment and 75% answered yes, the Brawl community said that! Yes I believe a Ganon can win a tournament but since when is Ganon the worst character in Brawl? Match up Bowser vs MK, who would win? MK. In fact MK has won 50% of the tournament by 2011 before his banishment. WHY ARE WE TALKING BOUT BRAWL?! This game is horribly unbalanced, even the creators say that it isn't a complete, finished game. When you provide facts that specify otherwise then will I truly be convinced that this game is balanced for a 1vs1. Up until now this game is only balanced for a 2vs2. If you want to give me good examples provide a good fighting that didn't have soo much arguments over one character that ended up being banned. I mean for me if you take out MK Brawl is a really good and balanced game.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 50 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Jan 17, 2013
This is what you don't understand.

You said there are matchups in this game that CAN NOT be won by a character.

You are wrong. Any character CAN beat another. I was using analogy.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 50 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Jan 17, 2013

This argument is pointless even when stating that the creators are in my favor, you still stand with ur point. Your just trying to defend the whole morality that ur little tournament holds. Forgive me, but it is true. You know this game is pointless in 1vs1 yet you stand strong and defend yourself. I admire that, good.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 50 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Jan 17, 2013
1v1 is not broken. All it takes is practice with a character. I play 1v1 a lot and it seems to work way better than FFA, where characters are unbalanced.

Hardcore

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 50 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 17, 2013
so youre saying radec is hopeless against sly? grab sly and i'll fight you with radec. i main both sly and radec. 1. a sly who approaches with that barrel is a bad sly coz radec can demolish sly up close, 2. sly should be parrying, not hiding in a barrel.
"Slipped right in"
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 50 (82 Views)