Oct 16 2012
By: Dean-Bax96 Hekseville Citizen 291 posts

Invalid Beta Codes

11 replies 206 views Edited Oct 16, 2012
Hey all. So I received a beta code from Geek Exchange when they were giving out the early public codes, so me bouncing from wall to wall couldn't wait to try it. Alas, to no avail, the code was invalid. I've emailed then, I've looked for a phone number (guess I mean serious business) and tweeted them, but I want to give them proof of the emailed code (like a screenshot, for example)
So my question is: should I get over it, ah well, or should I be patient and then possibly nag them for another (with proof)?
Thanks in advance, please don't roast me
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am not like my father. The world I create will not be like his."
Message 1 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Re: Invalid Beta Codes

Oct 16, 2012

Print screen button.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 2 of 12 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 16, 2012
My laptop died like, two hours ago. Can't do that, but thanks for suggesting. I'm on my phone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 12 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 16, 2012
it's because it's american and I presuem you live in europe :/ it sucks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 4 of 12 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 16, 2012
I guess I could send them a photo of it on Twitter, since its invalid so its no use to other viewers, right?

Message 5 of 12 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Yeah Dispy, I'm a Briton

Message 6 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Create an american acount...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 12 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 16, 2012
the codes they gave out is american, you need an american account with an american credit card attatched :/
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 8 of 12 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Dispy657 wrote:
the codes they gave out is american, you need an american account with an american credit card attatched :/

Same here. I was hoping to play =/

Message 9 of 12 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Good morning. So I got a reply from Geek Exchange:
'Hi Dean,

Unfortunately, we’ve just been notified by Playstation that the codes will not work in the UK as the code is for a free Playstation Plus 1 month trial membership, which is what is needed to access the beta. Sorry for the confusion. We were not aware of these limitations when we launched the giveaway.

Doug Kline

Web Manager/Editor

Geek magazine'

Well, that sucks! They should have been told pre-giveaway, but ah well, moving on...

Message 10 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes