Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Interview with Omar, with info on how they will address balancing

Nov 24, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

Basically, "Why the **bleep** should we give a crap, the only people who complain already bought the game so it doesn't matter, We're going to stick to DLC which is how we get money.

That's the cynical **bleep** version of it, sure.

Balancing based on immediate fan rage ruins a large amount of games.  I'm somewhat glad they're going to wait a month to see what's legitimately broken and what can be overcome with a little practice.

Yeah look at what happened to Uncharted 3. The multiplayer was patched so fast and so often that it was just broken.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 11 of 22 (165 Views)
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Nov 24, 2012

XxNo0b_H8rxX wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

Basically, "Why the **bleep** should we give a crap, the only people who complain already bought the game so it doesn't matter, We're going to stick to DLC which is how we get money.

Balancing based on immediate fan rage ruins a large amount of games.  I'm somewhat glad they're going to wait a month to see what's legitimately broken and what can be overcome with a little practice.

Yeah look at what happened to Uncharted 3. The multiplayer was patched so fast and so often that it was just broken.

That's because it was broken when it came out.

Message 12 of 22 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4394 posts

Nov 24, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

XxNo0b_H8rxX wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

The16thNinja wrote:

That's because it was broken when it came out.

As an Uncharted vet, THIS. It's basically Naughty Dog's fault because they didn't follow the success of the summer beta and gave changes that we never ask for. They actually thought the overpowered blindfire system was fine (which was ironically too good in PSASBR). Smiley Indifferent

The current U3 MP is better than the launch MP and Subway beta. Yet, the summer beta is still a holy grail to us. Some of the patches were mistakes especially the G-MAL and matchmaking.  

Anyway, you can't just compare a patched shooter MP to a patched fighter game. There's a difference. I believe it's best not to apply our online shooter experiences to a fighting game. 

Back on the topic, I agree with Omar. Personally, I believe anyone who has all characters with LV. 100 or above is good enough to make judgements on the balance system and characters. 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 13 of 22 (141 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Interview with Omar, new info on balancing

Nov 24, 2012

khknight wrote:

This could also be bad because legit unpowered characters like jak will stay underpowered and underplayed until next year. 

So he really isn't that good? I just played Jak recently & with his Level Supers & Attacks, it was really hard to develop AP due to his main attacks (while true to the char, it's hard enough for combos) & other attacks besides the Gun being great for AP.

Well, they'll probably see what's new on early 2013 to see what they'll be saying cause as of now & maybe even in 2013, it'll still be Kratos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 14 of 22 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Nov 25, 2012
The thing about any competitive game (especially fighting games) is that players will look for ways to abuse the gameplay so that they have a distinct advantage. Once a character is nerfed, the community will only find the "new" character that they can abuse. The cycle will continue.
Message 15 of 22 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 25, 2012

jak gains ap slow but i can hold my own.... just needs an incy winycy buff 

Message 16 of 22 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 25, 2012

TrashCrap wrote:
The thing about any competitive game (especially fighting games) is that players will look for ways to abuse the gameplay so that they have a distinct advantage. Once a character is nerfed, the community will only find the "new" character that they can abuse. The cycle will continue.

This.

When and 'if' they nerf Kratos, people will move on to Dante or Raiden.

Honestly I don't even find Kratos a legitimate problem. I've had free-for-alls with friends that actually know what they're doing. I saw a Spike completely wreck a Raiden. I saw a Sir MANiel Fortesque completely run down a Kratos. Heck the best fight I've ever been in was my Sir Daniel Fortesque vs a really good Raiden that went on for 20 straight minutes. Neck to neck, Level 1 against Level 1 every now and then. He finally got my Dan with a well-timed Level 1. It was an amazing and blood-rushing fight and I enjoyed every minute of it; even if I did lose.

Message 17 of 22 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Nov 25, 2012
same with guns in u3.. they nerfed the kall and then.. the Fal ss .. and **bleep** whent to hell...
Message 18 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Let's start a petition so we get a better ending.

Message 19 of 22 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Jak isn't that underpowered. I rack up good AP in ranked matches with him, just his supers are bad.
Message 20 of 22 (68 Views)
0 Likes