Nov 24 2012
By: khknight Fender Bender 4120 posts

Interview with Omar, new info on balancing

[ Edited ]
21 replies 1072 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

around 4:15, omar talks about how on day 1 of MvC3's release, people thought certain combos and characters were op.

Then later in the games life cycle, people realized that those characters and combos werent op after all

So what omar plans to do is wait for a while and see how the community develops before addressing any buffs or nerf concerns.

My guess is they're planning  on focusing on DLC only, until that DLC finally comes out.

Once they're finished with that in 2013, then they will take a look at buffing and nerfing.

This could a good or bad thing.

This could be good because  we wont cause a character to be nerfed to **bleep**, just because of our first impressions.

This could also be bad because legit unpowered characters like jak will stay underpowered and underplayed until next year.

Message 1 of 22 (1,072 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: Interview with Omar, with info on how they will address balancing

Nov 24, 2012

Bump, im not sure how this got overlooked but im sure some will find this worth talking about

Message 2 of 22 (940 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Nov 24, 2012

IT IS PRETTY OBVIOUS THE BLADES OF CHAOS ARE

Message 3 of 22 (900 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 24, 2012

The only thing that is over powered IMO is Sackboy's level 3.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 4 of 22 (876 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 24, 2012
This doesn't make all that much sense. Yeah, there are a lot of people who cry "OP" but after they add the DLC....there's a chance people will just do that to the DLC as well.

But it's not like people don't know what they're talking about, if you get hundreds and hundreds of levels with one character, and run into the same character a bunch or even use that other character and notice patterns in their gameplay that allow them to do things unfairly...then it should be changed, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that certain characters get AP insanely fast because certain moves give tons of AP while others give almost nothing so they just spam those moves and get an instant level 1, 2 or 3.
Message 5 of 22 (846 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 24, 2012

nice topic, THIS person has some common sence, people need o stop complaining bout sackboy, they wonder why he gets meter so fast, yet they let him sit there and spam, if you dont want him to get that lvl 3 then get in his face, im a lvl 568 black belt sackboy,i know how it works. i will spam the cake while everyone is huddle up tripping over each others attacks. just go up to saxkboy and beatbthe **bleep** outa him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 6 of 22 (837 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 24, 2012
^^ This
Btw there hasn't been ONE Raiden where I've thought "so OP!" I've always looked at what I did wrong.
Blame yourself for not learning how to counter your nemesis. I have yet to find my own Nemesis.
Message 7 of 22 (743 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 24, 2012

halfhoff wrote:

nice topic, THIS person has some common sence, people need o stop complaining bout sackboy, they wonder why he gets meter so fast, yet they let him sit there and spam, if you dont want him to get that lvl 3 then get in his face, im a lvl 568 black belt sackboy,i know how it works. i will spam the cake while everyone is huddle up tripping over each others attacks. just go up to saxkboy and beatbthe **bleep** outa him.

Do you know how ****ing diffficult it is to get around that cake spam if the stage plays to its strength (most stages do)?

Message 8 of 22 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Basically, "Why the **bleep** should we give a crap, the only people who complain already bought the game so it doesn't matter, We're going to stick to DLC which is how we get money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 22 (705 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 24, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

Basically, "Why the **bleep** should we give a crap, the only people who complain already bought the game so it doesn't matter, We're going to stick to DLC which is how we get money.

That's the cynical **bleep** version of it, sure.

Balancing based on immediate fan rage ruins a large amount of games.  I'm somewhat glad they're going to wait a month to see what's legitimately broken and what can be overcome with a little practice.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 10 of 22 (656 Views)