Jan 08 2013
By: RachetNclankz First Son 7 posts

Intermediate Sly Cooper Looking for Tips from Black Belt Sly Cooper

6 replies 160 views Edited Jan 8, 2013

First off I just want to say that I do not think that 999 means anything so please do not use that as a credential. Right now I am a red belt Sly Cooper in 2v2s and I partner with another red belt Ratchet. I feel I have definitely improved since I began playing, but I know I can go further and there are still many tricks I do not know about Sly Cooper or the game in general. I would be very interested to hear from any Black Belt Sly Coopers about any techniques or tricks that would help me improve my game.

In particular I would like to know if there is a way to set up Sly's Level 1 special similar to how Nathan Drake can set up his. I know Sly's Level 1 is pretty amazing, but I'm noticing that as I face higher tiered players they are always prepared for it and are constantly jumping around to avoid it and not leaving themselves open for it really. I was just wondering if there is some guaranteed way to set it up and get a kill. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Message 1 of 7 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Re: Intermediate Sly Cooper Looking for Tips from Black Belt Sly Cooper

Jan 8, 2013

You can try throwing out the alarm clock and stun them, then fire off your level 1.

Message 2 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Counter into L1.
Jumping side circle, turn around and L1 (depending on which direction the ennemy is facing).
Alarm Clock + L1
Message 3 of 7 (141 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Air neutral triangle close to the ground also works to get level one.  Both the alarm clock and neutral triangle in air are very hard to do against a lot of characters.Your best bet is to use decoy when they're about to hit you and are on the ground and immediately level one into it.

Message 4 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Corvus505 wrote:
Counter into L1.
Jumping side circle, turn around and L1 (depending on which direction the ennemy is facing).
Alarm Clock + L1

All decent setups, but I think you spaced out what button to press for your super.

Message 5 of 7 (122 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 8, 2013
L1 stands for "level 1" as in "ultra level 1".
Message 6 of 7 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Thanks for your input, the side circle in the air is really nice!

Message 7 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes