Oct 07 2012
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

Interesting Things from the Omar Interview

9 replies 272 views Edited Oct 7, 2012
By now, almost everyone knows the EB Games expo's interview with Omar only for his comments about the roster. But now, lets try something different: What are some OTHER interesting things you saw from the interview that you hadn't previously known?

For me, I thought it was pretty cool that Konami actually let SB use their 3-D model for Raiden. It shows their faith in the game's success.
Message 1 of 10 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
23 posts

Re: Interesting Things from the Omar Interview

Oct 7, 2012

I found out that there is an item, the Medusa Head, can kill you.

Thanks for watching.
Message 2 of 10 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Probably Konami is simply really generous. They gave Snake to Brawl just like that in fact.

Message 3 of 10 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Drakes model has been improved, and that's not even there most recent build.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 10 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 7, 2012

ItsLuigiTime wrote:
For me, I thought it was pretty cool that Konami actually let SB use their 3-D model for Raiden. It shows their faith in the game's success.

I've been under the impression that most of the character models in the game are borrowed from their respective IPs  =/

Message 5 of 10 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Oct 7, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Probably Konami is simply really generous. They gave Snake to Brawl just like that in fact.

Konami didn't just give Snake to Brawl. As it turned out, Hideo Kojima loved the concept of Smash practacally begged to have Snake included in Melee, but the Gamecube game was too far into development at that point to add any major content. Because of the MGS creators interest in Smash, Nintendo did him a solid by including his character.

I just woke up, and dont feel like scouring the net for the article, but I'll post it later

Message 6 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 7, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Konami didn't just give Snake to Brawl. As it turned out, Hideo Kojima loved the concept of Smash practacally begged to have Snake included in Melee, but the Gamecube game was too far into development at that point to add any major content. Because of the MGS creators interest in Smash, Nintendo did him a solid by including his character.

I just woke up, and dont feel like scouring the net for the article, but I'll post it later

i've read about that...

Play For Fun!
Message 7 of 10 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 7, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Yeah yeah I know that, that's what I meant. I think Kojima has a lot of power right now regarding Konami's decisions. It's a generous thing anyway, even if started by egoistic reasons. I don't think Nintendo paid a lot to use Snake, that wouldn't make a lot of sense. For Sonic, though...

Message 8 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Oct 7, 2012

What we saw was not the final UI this was interesting I hope it improved really well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 9 of 10 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
411 posts

Oct 7, 2012
important thing for me (expect roster)
-medusa head
-konami give raiden model
-nothing more