Jul 16 2012
By: FatDude67 Hekseville Citizen 326 posts

Interacting Dialog

8 replies 227 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

I hope the characters talk to eachother, or when picking up items. Dialog is very important to any game and isnt as trivial as it sounds, pun intended. I mentioned to a player asking about rivals that it would be awesome to hear Jak telling Kratos off before an epic fight to the death, wouldnt it? Or to hear Sly and Nathan Drake stratigizing on ways to take down A Sweet Tooth-Big Daddy Team up. I think it be cool to hear what Kratos has to say about Picking up some Nano Tech, or Parappa's Comments on the effectiveness of Razor Claws. What if Characters could talk during battle? What Would they say? They'd have to have some comment on whats going on, like during a level mix up. Or maybe some famous last words before they get the boot? This is just something i thought of, cuz it would be awesome if Kratos spoke to Nathan, or Sly to Heihachi. It could show insight into the characters thoughts, most deepest passions, darkest wishes, or internal Cravings.

The following are just ideas, nothing more, nothing less. enjoy

Scenario 1: "A God And A Cooper"

Kratos: Die Racoon, Die!

Sly: Sorry Kratos, but I was never really a fan of Greek Mythology!

Kratos: Does I look like a mere myth to you, animal?

Sly: No, but there is a reason why your name is not in any of the history books.

Kratos: Enlighten Me.

Sly: Becuase i'm going to take you down right here, right now!

Kratos: Bold words, sadly they fall on deaf ears, Racoon. I am a God! You Are But A Petty Theif!

Sly: Wrong Kratos, I'm more than your average thief. I'm a Cooper!

Scenario 2: "Psycho Knows Best"

Sweet Tooth: What the. . .?

(Big Daddy says nothing, continueing to fight)

Sweet Tooth: Hey! Big Stupid Drill Monster!

(Big Daddy groans as it always does)

Sweet Tooth: Hey! I'm talking to Youuuuuuu!

(Bigdaddy ignores again, fighting and what have you)

Sweet Tooth: What you Don't like Clowns or sumtin? (Crazy clown laughter) You Having Fun? (more Luaghter)

(Big Daddy remains irresponcive)

Sweet Tooth: Ima Call you Shirley, you Like that? (No Responce) No? Yeah you look more like a Ken or an Adam! (Clown Laughter)

(Big Daddy Freaks out in Responce to ADAM, Moaning loadly and pschoticly)

Sweet Tooth: (After Big Daddy relaxes). . . .ADAM!

(Big Daddy Freaks out again)

Sweet Tooth: ADAMADAMADAMADAM!

(Big Daddy shouts wildy and even more psychotically)

Sweet Tooth: (hysterical and in psychotic Laughter) AAAAAAAAADAM! COME GET SOME ICE CREAM! (Crazy Laugh) IM YOUR BIG DADDY!

Scenario 3: I JUST GOTTA BELE-EAT!

Fat Princess: OOOOooooooH A Doggy!

Parappa: (entertaining the Princess) Woof Woof, haha

Fat Princess: Come Here puppy puppy!

Parappa: Umm, I'm A little buzy at the moment.

Fat Princess: Awww, You dont want to be my puppy?

Parappa: Hold Up yo, Parappa is no ones "puppy"

Fat Princess: Awwwwwww, but i can give you anything your heart desires. Do you want Cake?

Parappa: Sorry, i'd rather have a record Deal

Fat Princess: A What? is it Tasty?

Parappa: oh yes, it taste like your dreams and all your ambitions, wrapped in hope and glazed with delious. . .

Fat Princess: I WANT ONE! GIVE ME ONE

Parappa: Chill, i dont have one. If I did, do you think i'd be here?

Fat Princess: Where are the Record  Deals? I want one sooooo badly. It sounds much yummier than cake!

Parappa: What? You Don't eat it, it's. . .ugh! Nevermind!

Fat Princess: I'm Hungry now! Does Anyone Have any Cake?!?!

Scenario 4: "Long Time, No See" 

Sly: Well Well, if it isnt Jak and Daxter.

Jak: Well Look who it is Dax, its our old "Friend" Sly Cooper. Im surprised to see you here

Sly: Most people don't see me coming, consider yourselves lucky.

Daxter: (sarcasm) Hardy Har Har! Good one! Your the lucky one! If Jak wasnt holding me back right now, id be all over you like water on a Lurker Shark!

Sly: (after luaghing) Good to see your still jolly as ever Daxter.

Jak: Feel like getting your hands dirty, Cooper?

Sly: I'm Always down for a scrap, just dont expect to win guys.

Jak: We don't expect, we plan on it.

Daxter: Yeah! Uh oh, Jak, Heads up! We got Company!

Those would play randomly, depending on what characters are currently fight. They would not have a special cutsceen or anything, and they wouldnt even need to be near eachother, it would just be something that happened every now and then, like once every 10 games or something. other thing include short statements about something(or some one) they pick up and use (or abuse). Also, if they get hit by the level, like a golfball or hades, a quick comment wouldnt hurt. Comment away, and kudos if you like the scenarios, i might make more Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9 (227 Views)
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Re: Interacting Dialog

Jul 16, 2012

Don't mean to burst your bubble. But I don't see Superbot having each and every voice actor do that much voice acting. They will have a few catch phrases and probably dialogue during the rival scenarios. But beyond that I don't expect much besides the in game voices saying a few words when they attack.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 2 of 9 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jul 16, 2012

its 100% possible. IT might be too fantastic for you to thinki tll hapen, but you never know. its some game developers do to make the game sem better, usually to cover up a glitch or something, not that this game would need too, its just fun and pretty flippen hot.

and whats this stage and acting crap? go home bro, go home.

Message 3 of 9 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 16, 2012

FatDude67 wrote:

its 100% possible. IT might be too fantastic for you to thinki tll hapen, but you never know. its some game developers do to make the game sem better, usually to cover up a glitch or something, not that this game would need too, its just fun and pretty flippen hot.

and whats this stage and acting crap? go home bro, go home.

It is not 100%. Your example includes a variety of characters talking to one another. Characters will talk I'm sure, but to an extent. It'll be oriented around rivalries. And I'm not your bro. And claiming they might focus on the dialogue to cover up a glitch is hilarious. I have no quarrels with the thought of characters talking. And i was referring to in game battles when characters talk. They will say a few words when they iniiate an attack or dodge.

That's "stage acting" if you will.

--------

Message 4 of 9 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jul 16, 2012

it is 100% possible. POSSIBLE. i never said it would happen, and im not here to argue about it. Bring it up, and see who agrees.

Your Act is done.

Get the hell off my stage.

Message 5 of 9 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

FatDude67 wrote:

it is 100% possible. POSSIBLE. i never said it would happen, and im not here to argue about it. Bring it up, and see who agrees.

Your Act is done.

Get the hell off my stage.

I'd leave it alone but you seem to end each of your responses by being a little arrogant child.

You are referring to a quote in my signature that is from a game I enjoy. You have no stage. You have a poorly constructed thread with an idea that is not original or 100% possible. Possible implies it can happen, it also means probable when you give it 100%. You give an example of in depth discussions between characters during battle from what I read in your initial paragraph. I'm saying If it'll happen it's during a cutscene in story mode. Otherwise in game battle will have some catch phrases that are generic to everyone during battle. Sly will say the same thing to everyone unless it's the rival or something.

Dialogue will exist, but persist to be a disrespectful child towards me and I'll view you as a worthless forum member. And the words at the bottom of this post, are a part of my signature. They are always present.

--------

Message 6 of 9 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jul 17, 2012

Message 7 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

1323932.gif

--------

Message 8 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
595 posts

Jul 17, 2012

That would be cool if the characters did that but sadly I think the brunt of the character talking will be in the rivalries.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 9 of 9 (95 Views)