Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: In your opinion what went wrong?

Mar 4, 2013

Alex_pagan13 wrote:

You take that back about Sackboy Smiley Mad

He does have a point though,Sackboy used to be extremely overpowered but now they just overdid with him,the first patch already made him balanced and they had to make it worse.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 11 of 21 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Mar 4, 2013

It was made by an inexperienced company with a low budget.

Message 12 of 21 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 4, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

Well done for a first try though! It's companies like SuperBot that inspire me to become an game designer aside from all the glitches and poor balancing. My first game for sure will not be an online multiplayer.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Message 13 of 21 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Mar 4, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Well done for a first try though! It's companies like SuperBot that inspire me to become an game designer aside from all the glitches and poor balancing. My first game for sure will not be an online multiplayer.

Yea i've been trying to become a game designer as well, lately all these layoffs going on are such bothersome.

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 14 of 21 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Mar 4, 2013

1. Mediocre roster

2. Horrible single player mode

3. Unbalanced as hell

4. Horrible online connections

5. Bland menu design and lack of presentation

6. Unlockables that aren't really fun to unlock

7. Annoying community

This game didn't meet my expectations in the slightest and was one of my biggest letdowns ever. But I still manage to have fun with it from time to time

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 15 of 21 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 4, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

Yea i've been trying to become a game designer as well, lately all these layoffs going on are such bothersome.

Well hello in advance in case we meet in the gaming industries in the future. I feel like the games in the future are going to become crap so I'm try to make a game similar to Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank when I get into game designing. On the other hand are you finding a job for game testing? I know that's what I'm going to get into first until I save enough funds in such.

Message 16 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Honestly the game started having to many glitches online. It wasn't polished and there are legitimate character balance issues. But otherwise, GREAT game.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 17 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Mar 4, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

You want a programming gig? I'm working on a console. PM me sometime.

And I think the biggest thing besides glitches was they underestimated the value of nostalgia

Message 18 of 21 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Mar 4, 2013
In my opinion the game could have been far deeper than they made it. I will avoid the balancing issues until later in my post but for the most part the single player was very bland. They have no solid reason as to why the characters were fighting, just that someone is collecting some people ...these people have glaringly obvious character flaws and personality issues and as such they will fight. They really could have taken the time to get a solid write to come in and write a half decent story line. Especially with some of the relationships they gave to the characters rivalries and such.

As for the multiplayer the game is a bit more unbalanced than I'd like it to be. Online ranking system is pretty poor with numerous glitches and bugs. The character balance is pretty flawed and if people want to win it is no longer a choice based solely on preference. Some characters are far easier to win with than others. Some characters are downright unplayable.

Overall the game has a ton of untapped potential and a strong foundation with poor execution and minimal depth. I think if they continue to support the game and work out the obvious issues first the game could be redeemed and then perhaps set itself up for a sequel. But at the preset time it has its flaws that need to be worked out.
Message 19 of 21 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 4, 2013
The lack of Game modes, Story and Character ros ter, but its still a good game.
Message 20 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes